Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,498 comments
United States
Iowa
pfei
Current Championship: 2023/24 Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Series Season 3

Begins 28 Februrary 2024

Season 3 Nations Exhibition announcement: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/championship/862/

Season 3 Manufacturers Exhibition announcement: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/sportmode/championship/866/

GTPlanet article: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-world-series-exhibition-season-20240221/

Please check your region's time slots on the official website gran-turismo.com

As usual, thanks to @Hasnain282 for the schedule tables:

2023/24 Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup Exhibition Series Season 3​

nations-1.jpg

nations-2.jpg

2023/24 Gran Turismo World Series Manufacturers Cup Exhibition Series Season 3​

manuf-1.jpg

manuf-2.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how tuning affects this at all? I know it says there's BOP, but will having for example turbos installed affect the power curve? If I stick a wing and a splitter on my Miata (like I see some on the leaderboards doing), do I get the downforce benefits for doing so still? Or does the game just brute force equal performance regardless of what you have equipped?

I wonder how tuning affects this at all? I know it says there's BOP, but will having for example turbos installed affect the power curve? If I stick a wing and a splitter on my Miata (like I see some on the leaderboards doing), do I get the downforce benefits for doing so still? Or does the game just brute force equal performance regardless of what you have equipped?
Looks like tuning is forbidden so it will force the car to stock and also apply the BoP parameters (barring any possible exploits which hopefully they've patched out).

Last edited:
Do these races affect DR and SR?
Yes, they do.

I was hoping for what we had in Road to GT7 which was BoP with open setups. That allows people to overcome some of the cars' inherit weaknesses. But since it now appears that setups are tied to PP, BoP essentially eliminates the possibility of using setup sheets. In the process we lost brake balance.

Losing brake balance is a mixed bag. On the one hand it could even up the BoP. On the other hand, it could prevent us from dialing in a car to our driving style. And with the stingy credits it's going to be impossible to try out all the cars to see how we like them with BB welded to zero.

I already signed for Subaru, anyway. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
Losing brake balance is a mixed bag. On the one hand it could even up the BoP. On the other hand, it could prevent us from dialing in a car to our driving style.

I already signed for Subaru, anyway. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Agreed, I think it's a negative overall so hopefully it returns, some cars are fun to drive but need a little tweak to make them a bit more race consistent or user friendly.

I've signed for Honda, as always, but the NSX Gr3 turns in a bit too well sometimes :boggled: a quick -2 brake balance adjustment makes it my favourite car in the game though.

I've signed for Honda,
Kudos to you for signing with an "unpopular" car. I don't care about meta cars or anything like that. I am disappointed that setups are prohibited since that could allow you to bypass brake bias and set up the car for your driving style. But oh well, since GT Sport it seems we have taken a step forward and two steps back.

But these championships are great fun either way. I'll have fun with my WRXs with or without BB.

For Nation Cup when you want to enter it is written something like « if you enter you cannot change « why? I can understand for Manufacturer because you cannot change of manufacturer, why for Nation...then I didn t try...waiting for an explanation before😕

For Nation Cup when you want to enter it is written something like « if you enter you cannot change « why? I can understand for Manufacturer because you cannot change of manufacturer, why for Nation...then I didn t try...waiting for an explanation before😕
Probably because every race is with the Miata. And given that message I bet they give you the car. This must be to calm the rage over the stingy credits and having to buy everything for Sport Mode.

Probably because every race is with the Miata. And given that message I bet they give you the car. This must be to calm the rage over the stingy credits and having to buy everything for Sport Mode.
When competing in these championships you also so do it in one of the DR based leagues, GT1-GT3, and the league you are in is locked for the duration of the season.

That might be the part that they're informing you can't change after signing up for Nation's.

When competing in these championships you also so do it in one of the DR based leagues, GT1-GT3, and the league you are in is locked for the duration of the season.

That might be the part that they're informing you can't change after signing up for Nation's.
Yes you could be right. I got the message that I would be locked in because of my DR in Manufacturers, in addition to the warning that I was going to sign a Manufacturer contract. It must have been the league level that he was referring to.

The first season for what was formerly the FIA championships is now available, starting March 21st/22nd. There are four events squeezed into a single week. All races use BoP and setups are prohibited.

Nations Cup Test Season 1: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_5117295.html

Manufacturers Cup Test Season 1: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_1792305.html

I intend this thread to basically become the new "FIA" thread from GTS.

NATIONS CUP (USA hours):

Event details and the schedule for each round of the "Gran Turismo World Series 2022" Nations Cup - Test Season 1 are as follows:

1. Race Schedule and Entry Slots (North America Region)​

・17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 PDT (five races total)

2. Effective Points​

At the end of Round 4, points from the best two rounds will count towards the final score. Please note, while players may join multiple race slots in a championship, only the points from the last race entered will count.

3. The GTWS 2022 Nations Cup - Test Season 1 Race Schedule​

Round 1: March 22, 2022
 - Regulations (Car Specified): Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15
 - BoP/Tuning Forbidden: Applicable
 - Car Settings: Prohibited
 - Track: Tsukuba Circuit
 - Qualifying Time: 7 minutes
 - Fuel Consumption (Qualifying): Off | Tire Wear (Qualifying): Off 
 - No. of Laps: 7 Laps
 - Fuel Consumption (Final): 1x | Tire Wear (Finals): 1x

Round 2: March 24, 2022
 - No. of Laps: 7 laps

Round 3: March 26, 2022
 - Regulations (Specified Car): Mazda Roadster S (ND) '15

Round 4: March 28, 2022
 - No. of Laps: 10 laps

MANUFACTURERS CUP (USA hours):

Event details and the schedule for each round of the "Gran Turismo World Series 2022" Manufacturers Cup - Test Season 1 are as follows:

1. Race Schedule and Entry Slots (Americas Region)​

・16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 PDT (five races in total.)

2. Effective Points​

At the end of Round 4, the points from the best three rounds will count towards the final score. Please note, while players may join multiple race slots in a championship, only the points from the last race entered will count.

3. The GTWS 2022 Manufacturers Cup - Test Season 1 Race Schedule​

Round 1: March 22, 2022
 - Category/Car Type: Gr.3
 - Track: Deep Forest Raceway
 - No. of Laps: 5 laps
 - Fuel Consumption (Final): 1x | Tire Wear (Finals): 5x

Round 2: March 25, 2022
 - Category/Car Type: Gr.4
 - Track: Mount Panorama Racing Circuit
 - No. of Laps: 4 laps

Round 3: March 27, 2022
 - Category/Car Type: Gr.3
 - Track: Suzuka Circuit
 - No. of Laps: 4 laps

Round 4: March 29, 2022
 - Category/Car Type: Gr.4
 - Track: Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca
About the GTWS 2022 Nations Cup in the Miata...

It says qualifying time is "7 minutes" for 7 laps... So less than a minute per lap...

But I checked the "Top 10 stars" leaderboard and the best 1-lap time in the world (right now) is 1:10.518...

Please ELI5??? Or just tell me git gud

Last edited:
They're certainly keeping it simple to start! I guess it truly is a test season. It'll be interesting to see how the new "leagues" work. What purpose do they really serve when everything is done in splits anyway?

K2P
About the GTWS 2022 Nations Cup in the Miata...

It says qualifying time is "7 minutes" for 7 laps... So less than a minute per lap...

But I checked the "Top 10 stars" leaderboard and the best 1-lap time in the world (right now) is 1:10.518...

Please ELI5??? Or just tell me git gud
The 7 minutes is qualifying, and 7 laps is the race. They're separate.

Sure I heard the BB thing was a bug that was meant to be fixed. Can’t believe it’s still here after yesterday.
Think I’ll sit all these out. I don’t know any of the tracks apart from one and with such a quick turnaround I won’t have the time to learn them well enough.
Do dailies carry on as normal when these cups are happening? Only started playing this year.

@jsydave Might as well move to this thread here
Is the timing of these races new for this iteration? I would have been able to do the very latest races in a day after, say 9:30pm, but with the final races being held at 8pm this part of the game is now inaccessible to me without reorganising my life to a heavy degree. Not going to change my life sure, but it's a minor disappointment having enjoyed the GTS FIA events.
Yeah races were spread out more previously but with one hour gaps, the time slots end earlier. It could change as it's only a test season and the races are pretty short right now so maybe with longer races we could get a wider spread of time slots

Do we have to go & buy that Mazda?
It says tuning is prohibited but there are people on the leaderboard with wide bodies & wings!

When I am/ was in GTS I signed up with McLaren as of summer of '21 for the two year contract, am I still with them or not ?

Looks like the NSX is clearly the best choice and whoever that person is had to use an OP car to set the best time.
V.Gallo is one of the world tour drivers, he's even in the game as one of the 'characters' you race in the world circuit events and 'chat' to going through the cafe books so although his time is the fastest i wouldn't say its a good judge of what is the best car for everyone else.

V.Gallo is one of the world tour drivers, he's even in the game as one of the 'characters' you race in the world circuit events and 'chat' to going through the cafe books so although his time is the fastest i wouldn't say its a good judge of what is the best car for everyone else.
😐

Sure I heard the BB thing was a bug that was meant to be fixed. Can’t believe it’s still here after yesterday.
Think I’ll sit all these out. I don’t know any of the tracks apart from one and with such a quick turnaround I won’t have the time to learn them well enough.
Do dailies carry on as normal when these cups are happening? Only started playing this year.
Dailies carry on, they're separate from the championships.

If you want to get in on the real championships that are coming later, it's a good idea to do these test ones as a trial run sort of thing just to see how they work.

They don't work the same way as dailies do, in that you have an actual qualifying session together with everyone else on track where you try to set a fast lap, then a warmup session, then the actual race starts. You can participate in any of the timeslots available and you can go again even though you've completed one race already, but crucially only the last result counts as your result for that round, not your best one. So don't throw away a good result :)

So if I were you I'd use this opportunity to get a feel for how this all works before doing it for real later.

Edit
I don't think BB is a bug, it's an oversight since it's now counted as part of settings/tuning.

Last edited:
Back