Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,502 comments
I AM FUMING RIGJT NOW šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Just done the last GT2 AM slot. Car 2 in the lobby.

Quali - put it on P3

Race - TC1 with half revs and I fly off the line. Move into P1. Others behind obviously have the foot planted max revs and the car just goes round & round. I make the first mistake by completely forgetting to brake for a corner in the infield section and drop a few. Race goes on and nothing to really shout about, just keeping it steady and lap 9 I pit. I waiting for some midfield cars to pit so I had clean track ahead of me on the new softs. One car tried the no stop but the last 3 laps the car just dropped of the cliff and I was up to P2. Car behind was quick and I had pretty much settled for P3 as I knew the car behind would pass me on the straight but the car behind had other ideas! Lap 15 on the infield had a poor corner but coming out of the 2nd tunnel they stuck their nose into a gap that didnā€™t exist. Spun me round and I drop to 7th. That car just carries on a finishes P3. In the lobby after they just responded with ā€œyou was slow out of the tunnelā€ and then left the lobby. Obviously they didnt care about what happened. Found out they streamed on YouTube as they pit there YT tag, so checked out the stream and there response in the race was the same. They didnā€™t they did anything wrong.

P7 but should have been so much more. P7 was good for 90 points, but could have been 110 points. I wonā€™t be going again, as I donā€™t think itā€™s worth going again for the extra 20 points. Shame as I enjoyed that race.

GT2 DR B lobby 1pm - 12 cars quit the race

Love to know people thoughts on this.

I'd probably call that a 60/40 racing incident on them. Yes a small gap opens and they have a better exit so they guessed that it would open up further which it didn't. Looking at the mirror in the camera makes it look like they are not alongside so the movement back should have been fine. In the end your hitboxes collide sending you off. Nothing malicious with them and nothing you did wrong really. Their excuse was pathetic though. They might not feel blame as they were faster and saw a gap but it was a gamble that caused you to go off. But their attitude is ignorant.

I'd probably call that a 60/40 racing incident on them. Yes a small gap opens and they have a better exit so they guessed that it would open up further which it didn't. Looking at the mirror in the camera makes it look like they are not alongside so the movement back should have been fine. In the end your hitboxes collide sending you off. Nothing malicious with them and nothing you did wrong really. Their excuse was pathetic though. They might not feel blame as they were faster and saw a gap but it was a gamble that caused you to go off. But their attitude is ignorant.
I generally agree but it's something I see a lot in this game, people will just accelerate regardless of what's inf ront of them and then say well I had the line, there was a gap, I had a better exit or whatever else.

In the F1 game alone he's probably taking his own front wing off, would he try it then? Or in real life? Doubtful.

It's the knowledge that the car ahead is more than likely going to come off worse that gives confidence to just plow forward regardless of consequences.

I forget who it was who posted, perhaps TechnoisLove where a car crashes into his rear panel and is mad because he was too slow on the line, but there had just been a racing incident involving several cars so they were moving slower out of that incident, and dude just want to accelerate through everything regardless of the situation ahead.

See it all the time and while there is an argument for the car behind here, it's still the same attitude.

GT2 B - two races

1st try - Qualified P11 with 1.13.4 eh quite a fast drivers in this lobby , Race was a total dumpsterfire everything wrong that could happen happened lol like ramming penalties right into a good old spin...P15 xD

2nd try - Qualified P9 with 1.14.3 slower with lower lobby , Race went way better this time from P9 got into top 5 rather quickly then someone was braking early boom 2sec penalty thankfully i didnt dropped from top 10 , since that it went rather cleanly of course there been some drivers that couldnt even handle the formula eh in the end got the P5 - much better but i should have done better

Last edited:
Don't usually go twice but was a bit annoyed about the forced spin and not being able to do the quicker 1 stop.

Image-2 (1).jpeg

Image-1 (4).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg

That'll do.

I AM FUMING RIGJT NOW šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Just done the last GT2 AM slot. Car 2 in the lobby.

Quali - put it on P3

Race - TC1 with half revs and I fly off the line. Move into P1. Others behind obviously have the foot planted max revs and the car just goes round & round. I make the first mistake by completely forgetting to brake for a corner in the infield section and drop a few. Race goes on and nothing to really shout about, just keeping it steady and lap 9 I pit. I waiting for some midfield cars to pit so I had clean track ahead of me on the new softs. One car tried the no stop but the last 3 laps the car just dropped of the cliff and I was up to P2. Car behind was quick and I had pretty much settled for P3 as I knew the car behind would pass me on the straight but the car behind had other ideas! Lap 15 on the infield had a poor corner but coming out of the 2nd tunnel they stuck their nose into a gap that didnā€™t exist. Spun me round and I drop to 7th. That car just carries on a finishes P3. In the lobby after they just responded with ā€œyou was slow out of the tunnelā€ and then left the lobby. Obviously they didnt care about what happened. Found out they streamed on YouTube as they pit there YT tag, so checked out the stream and there response in the race was the same. They didnā€™t they did anything wrong.

P7 but should have been so much more. P7 was good for 90 points, but could have been 110 points. I wonā€™t be going again, as I donā€™t think itā€™s worth going again for the extra 20 points. Shame as I enjoyed that race.

GT2 DR B lobby 1pm - 12 cars quit the race

Love to know people thoughts on this.

1000% on him, such a stupid move. I am very ashamed as a fellow Finn. šŸ«£ We are usually merited as clean drivers, irl and online racing I like to think.

I'd put 80/20 or so on him, poor racecraft to try to squeeze a move in that corner. Some corners are just not meant try to overtake at and that is one of them.

@Roggers imo it's a bit clumsy on their part and probably slightly ill-advised sticking their nose in there. Assuming there's no malice, it's just one of those. Gutted for you though would have been a solid result
After letting the dust settle your right. It's not a malicious overtake or anything it's just the way it happened and then them just driving off without a care in the world.
Oh well it's one of those things

That is definitely a stupid place to overtake as you would be side by side through several fast corners.

What can be said: Considering how he is breathing down your neck, you do kind of open a gap needlessly in the tunnel.
If you had taken a direct line to the apex of the left, he would not have thought of putting his nose there probably.
I agree I'm slow out only as I just clipped the grass on the inside which compromised me.
As for the going for a move they would have easily passed me a few corners later.
I only know racing via video games, but that looked like pure BS (and not DR/SR) This is exactly the one thing I'm worried about here.

Also, seeing your lap times makes me think I'm not going to be very competitive here.
I'm sure you'll do well. Just need to keep it steady and pick your points for OTs.
Lap times is all about carrying the speed through the corner. Keep the power on and the car grips more. Faster you go the easier it is to stay on the track šŸ¤£
I can upload my race & ghost to the server now if you want something to follow? Search for icycls in the showroom to find them both.
I generally agree but it's something I see a lot in this game, people will just accelerate regardless of what's inf ront of them and then say well I had the line, there was a gap, I had a better exit or whatever else.
This! One thing this game lack is common sense from people at times.

Oh well I'm over it now, done and dusted move on

Well, after all that complaining I just did I came to realize the even I have going on this afternoon was an hour later than I thought. Sooooo, I was able to do the 10:00 slot on my EMEA account of GT1.

Was a fun race. Qualified P2 with P1 like .300 ahead. It wasn't my best effort (11.9 I think) and as you know, in GT1 slot there is tire wear during quali so you often get one shot. On start I used some Overtake and was able to get the inside to take the lead. But, a mistake coming out of the last turn saw P2 right on my bumper. Then a follow up mistake going a little deep into T1 (as I was defending the inside line), and P2 took over the lead. I was able to keep him within ~ 1.0-1.5 seconds until a track limit pen saw the end of that.

Basically from there it was just lapping trying to keep him from getting away until lap 11 when he pitted. Decided to stay out one more lap to hit the halfway point, but I think that was a mistake. He opened up ~1.5-2.0 seconds on me in that lap with the new tires. My only hope was his tires would die at the end but it didn't happen.

Came home P2 about 4.0 seconds back (after another track limit pen) but like 5.0 seconds ahead of P3. Was mostly lonely but a very fun race. Really enjoy this combo. These cars are a blast. Wish I could do another, maybe in the afternoon.

7c51066f4590745caacc69e0a4bcf656_photo.webp

Well, after all that complaining I just did I came to realize the even I have going on this afternoon was an hour later than I thought. Sooooo, I was able to do the 10:00 slot on my EMEA account of GT1.

Was a fun race. Qualified P2 with P1 like .300 ahead. It wasn't my best effort (11.9 I think) and as you know, in GT1 slot there is tire wear during quali so you often get one shot. On start I used some Overtake and was able to get the inside to take the lead. But, a mistake coming out of the last turn saw P2 right on my bumper. Then a follow up mistake going a little deep into T1 (as I was defending the inside line), and P2 took over the lead. I was able to keep him within ~ 1.0-1.5 seconds until a track limit pen saw the end of that.

Basically from there it was just lapping trying to keep him from getting away until lap 11 when he pitted. Decided to stay out one more lap to hit the halfway point, but I think that was a mistake. He opened up ~1.5-2.0 seconds on me in that lap with the new tires. My only hope was his tires would die at the end but it didn't happen.

Came home P2 about 4.0 seconds back (after another track limit pen) but like 5.0 seconds ahead of P3. Was mostly lonely but a very fun race. Really enjoy this combo. These cars are a blast. Wish I could do another, maybe in the afternoon.

7c51066f4590745caacc69e0a4bcf656_photo.webp
I was in your race (TVR shift that started P3 but finished P4 due to not being able to handle the dirty air properly). Considering it was a low A lobby, the pace was absolutely relentless!

Well that was chaotic to say the least in my GT1 first time slot race šŸ˜…. I didn't know what to expect after quali, only pace enough for P14. Didn't practice a whole lot and it showed, but only around 3 tenths or so from P8/P9 though, which was realistically best I could have done.

Race then well, initially it was so chaotic on lap 1, so much went on and not sure where to begin with, so I guess better just share a clip, which you'll find at the end of this post. But yeah got slapped a massive 5 sec penalty for punting someone off. Seems to me a bit harsh, since the German who I punted panic braked into t1 and weaved to the right, which really caught me off guard and I was unable to react to that and I also had two drivers on both sides off me, so I guess that played a part into it. Like I think that should be maybe a 2-3 sec penalty considering all things but oh well. German who braked and weaved got 2 seconds, so I guess in the end kinda right in some ways, but the German also went off so not sure he/she needed that 2 sec penalty.

Anyways, I did not let that lap 1 chaos bother me, and bit by bit I fought my way back, went all in on overtake button and made quite a few passes. Up to P8 at the start of lap 8 I think it was. From there kept a solid pace until pitting in on lap 12. After that my driving got a bit messy and fell back to P9 after a Frenchman passed me, but he was faster anyway. Then another bad lap and the Belgian driver who I had passed on lap 8 had caught back up. But then I finally found my rhythm again and did several good laps to keep him in check, and despite the fact the Belgian driver pit again, I think that would have been a P9 anyway.

So yeah in the end P9 and 138 pts. Mildly dissappointing since I could have fought for maybe P6-P7 without all the penalties and mistakes. But then again my pace wasn't top lobby level great and the player P7 also had a 5 sec penalty on lap 1, so I do not want to try again. Also because of the risk for a lot of chaos, plus I only got just over 100 points from round 1 and not sure how last 4 rounds suit me, so I play it safe.

Lap 1 chaos, multiple views ^^

Lap 1 chaos plus my comeback

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_174209157_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230520_174209157_HDR.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Goodbye downward spiral, hello upward spiral. :D

I've never been all that keen on the Super Formula rounds in the past because they've always felt like super arcadey races. I think they may well be one of my favourite categories now because doing it in VR is so much fun.

I stuck it on P3 in qualifying with a 1:11.574, very pleased with that one. I was very very briefly on pole position but then got pipped at the end. Just to add to it, one of the people who pipped me was my local rival from East Yorkshire! I swear the game's matching us up on purpose to push this local derby as hard as it can. :lol:

I moved up into P2 coming out of turn 1, narrowly avoiding death as the Ukrainian in P5 came in very hot and sent himself onto the grass. I accidentally gave P1 a slight bump and my accidental overspeed may well have been what saved me. P1 gradually pulled out a lead on me throughout the first stint, and some fighting behind helped me pull out a gap as well. The race was a bit processional until the pit stops where I pulled the trigger first doing a 11/13 strategy, whereas the other two I was racing were doing 12/12.

I came out behind the Ukrainian on my outlap and pushed hard, closing right up behind him and then getting past at the final hairpin. The undercut wasn't quite successful, but it did close the gap to P1 significantly.

From there I was pretty much breathing down P1's neck for the rest of the race. I briefly took the lead but then went deep into turn 1 and he got the switchback. I eventually finished 1.4s behind the winner with P3 another 1.4s behind me. Easily one of the most enjoyable, hard fought races I've had in a very long time. šŸ‘

P2 got me 223 points which I'm definitely happy with. šŸ„³

Goodbye downward spiral, hello upward spiral. :D

I've never been all that keen on the Super Formula rounds in the past because they've always felt like super arcadey races. I think they may well be one of my favourite categories now because doing it in VR is so much fun.

I stuck it on P3 in qualifying with a 1:11.574, very pleased with that one. I was very very briefly on pole position but then got pipped at the end. Just to add to it, one of the people who pipped me was my local rival from East Yorkshire! I swear the game's matching us up on purpose to push this local derby as hard as it can. :lol:

I moved up into P2 coming out of turn 1, narrowly avoiding death as the Ukrainian in P5 came in very hot and sent himself onto the grass. I accidentally gave P1 a slight bump and my accidental overspeed may well have been what saved me. P1 gradually pulled out a lead on me throughout the first stint, and some fighting behind helped me pull out a gap as well. The race was a bit processional until the pit stops where I pulled the trigger first doing a 11/13 strategy, whereas the other two I was racing were doing 12/12.

I came out behind the Ukrainian on my outlap and pushed hard, closing right up behind him and then getting past at the final hairpin. The undercut wasn't quite successful, but it did close the gap to P1 significantly.

From there I was pretty much breathing down P1's neck for the rest of the race. I briefly took the lead but then went deep into turn 1 and he got the switchback. I eventually finished 1.4s behind the winner with P3 another 1.4s behind me. Easily one of the most enjoyable, hard fought races I've had in a very long time. šŸ‘

P2 got me 223 points which I'm definitely happy with. šŸ„³

1.11.5? Damn, seemed like there was a big gap in A lobbies between faster drivers and the rest. P9 was around 1.12.9 in my lobby, pole sitter in 1.11.6-1.11.7s.

ugh, disaster for me early on. I punted 3 cars and the one I hit the hardest I was not penalized for. (There might have been some unintentional brake checking, is the only reason I can think why I wasn't penalized) I punted the car right past @afc5150, sorry about that! (did he ghost through you?, I couldn't tell) The first penalty was on t1, lap 1 and I was really trying to take it careful. The other one, he had a little slip on a corner just before I hit him, otherwise we woudl have been in sync.

@Roggers - I didn;t have time to watch anything, maybe later, but your reminder to keep some throttle on instantly took over a second off my free practice and I kept it there. I still couldn't turn it in qualy, only managed P13. Seemed like a fast lobby.

After all the punting, I was P11 on lap 8 and pretty decided I was going to try this again. Pre-race I thought I'd pit, but decided on lap 8 to try the no-stop, nothing really to lose. Managed to finish P12 but, yeah, if you have pressure on from someone with good tires, there is no use fighting, you will lose.

I lost track of who pitted, but it seemed less than half the field? Overall race time was well faster than my practice, I spent so much time worrying about tires, I forgot to drive fast.

But I like the race, I'll try to clean up my act and go again this evening. After a long bike ride IRL.

In the F1 game alone he's probably taking his own front wing off, would he try it then? Or in real life? Doubtful.

It's the knowledge that the car ahead is more than likely going to come off worse that gives confidence to just plow forward regardless of consequences.

I forget who it was who posted, perhaps TechnoisLove where a car crashes into his rear panel and is mad because he was too slow on the line, but there had just been a racing incident involving several cars so they were moving slower out of that incident, and dude just want to accelerate through everything regardless of the situation ahead.

See it all the time and while there is an argument for the car behind here, it's still the same attitude.
Oh I agree 100% I was trying to be a bit neutral and that's why I still put the majority of the blame on them. I've been a victim of the foot to the floor and go through my back quarter brigade. I wouldn't happen in real life without damage, penalties, fines points on licences. If they carried on it would be the dole queue.
Just to add to it, one of the people who pipped me was my local rival from East Yorkshire! I swear the game's matching us up on purpose to push this local derby as hard as it can. :lol:
Do you think they know? Perhaps send them some mind games. :mischievous:

Onto my race. After 3 practice laps I felt the car was stable enough in the right places to risk a race rather than do a practice race.
I set my fastest lap of the day in my first qualy lap. However through the 2nd lap I caught the car ahead and another car who went off managed to split us. I got past them but I couldn't make my two other laps work due to the car ahead. My P4 after the first lap became P11.
I barely had time to find the TCS on the MFD and the handbrake before the lights went out. I missed them by half a second I reckon. A car ahead tried to show their prowess by not using TCS and promptly span once the turbo kicked in. The hit the car right ahead and they went onto the grass. They swung back on right in front of me and I hit them giving them a handy nudge. I still managed to gain a few places off the line and was in P9 going up the hill after T2. A few cars span off in lap 1 and I was picking the places up nicely. However on lap 2 everyone closed up and with nowhere to go I found myself on the outside going through the tunnels whilst 3 wide. A slight tap across us all and we survived out the other side. However for daring to go 3 wide the game gave me a 3 second penalty for forcing another car off the track.:confused: This dropped me back to P9 once it was taken. I managed to get 1 place back as others were a bit slower. Some dived in to do an 8/8 but I went for a 9/7 to give me fresher tyres at the end. I came out in P10 behind a Dutchman in a gaggle of cars. I closed and a Brit ahead spun out of the tunnels. I closed more and I got them out of the hairpin with some overtake. But in the slip they closed in again on me. I forced them to the outside and held the apex. Job done. Then going through the esses I had a wobble.

I held it and eventually pulled away from them. (I think they got a penalty)
It looks like a couple more people had issues as I was P6 at the end and grabbed 57 points for myself.
Thankfully the car gave me no issues and the race was quite fun in the end.

GT3 - DR E

Had a decent go of this event. I wasn't sure how I'd do, I only really practiced yesterday and a little pre-race today. But, I had a respectable silver time form the Olympic TT. Just need to get used to this cars speed and grip. Watched a few fastest practice laps to get an idea for gear selection and what not.

1883a76d4c717-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

As for the qualifying, I managed pole with about a 0.5 second gap to P2. Far from my best lap, in the 1:13.xxx range so I was skeptical it would hold but it did. The qualifier was hectic, but seems like a lot of cars ghost on GT3 races.

The race itself was uneventful for me. What practice I did have payed off. From the start, I pulled away fast from the field and never saw P2 after lap 2. Pit after lap 8 for tires and set a couple fastest laps and cruised to the finish.

1883a711c0263-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race win was only good for 11 points, but I suppose I should expect such as my DR was low. A win is a win and I managed to promote to DR D afterwards. Overall I'm happy with the result.

@Roggers - I didn;t have time to watch anything, maybe later, but your reminder to keep some throttle on instantly took over a second off my free practice and I kept it there. I still couldn't turn it in qualy, only managed P13. Seemed like a fast lobby.

But I like the race, I'll try to clean up my act and go again this evening. After a long bike ride IRL.
Ah nice one. Yeah maybe not the result you wanted but good to hear you knocked some time off your lap. Itā€™s one of those strange situations were you think your at the limit and you some how have to push through the limit.

3rd gear is your friend too on corner exits. Hope that helps and good luck if your going again.

IMG_3113.jpeg

Agree with all of this. Some people just don't want to be inconvenienced by the cars ahead, but that's not how it works. Well, I guess it is how it works in GT but not in real racing or a game with an accurate damage model. Unfortunate.

I was in your race (TVR shift that started P3 but finished P4 due to not being able to handle the dirty air properly). Considering it was a low A lobby, the pace was absolutely relentless!
Ah yes, I remember! GG! We definitely had a decent lobby. The German who won was just a bit too quick for me, but so it is.

Was able to do another run on my 2 account. Was pretty fun, not a whole lot to report. Qualified on pole but got a horrid start (didn't realize GT2 didn't have a false start check so I had the brakes on. Lost P1 by T1, then on lap 2 made a minor mistake and lost P2. But P1 made a mistake which slowed P2 and I was able to get passed them both, then slowly walk away. Did the 9/7 just to avoid coming out in traffic.

Wish I could do more or wish this was a Daily! I'll miss this one.

a1b2f514c829d1050de725c772b33155_photo.webp

That was definitely not an enjoyable one for me, but I pretty much knew that was going to be the case going in by my relatively garbage practice times. For whatever reason I just absolutely couldn't come to terms with this car on this track. I hate when that happens and you just know the race is going to be an exercise in futility. Oh well, raced it anyway lol.

Q'd in 13th, and amazingly off the start I managed to get away cleanly, thread a couple of needles and found myself in 5th place going onto the back straight. I'm like WTF?! but I knew I absolutely didn't have the pace to stay there. Slowly started to get picked off one by one and then a track limits penalty sent me back to my original starting spot of 13th which is pretty much the way the race stayed. Pitted on lap 11th with completely fried right side tires and then just babysat the remaining 13 laps.

Definitely a one and done even with the crappy finish.

Last edited:
Went in not expecting too much since I was consistent but only turning low 1:12 in practice.

Lap 4 qualifying was finally clear after some rough traffic I came away with p7 on the start grid.

T1 was controlled chaos and I moved into p5 running 3 wide up the hill. I
kept back a touch into T2 and we all survived and began making a gap from the field.

P4 bumped p3 at the hairpin and got 2 seconds even though it didnā€™t seem to affect p3.
Moved into p4 on lap two and on lap 3 or 4 I moved into p2 as the two in front of me had a couple of slides and a limit penalty.

Got passed back by p3and p4 in the next few laps so on lap 11 I pitted early and passed p3 back when he pitted. I ran p3 until about lap 18 and he finally got by after putting lots of pressure.

I couldnā€™t quite close the gap he created until lap 23 which is when he was catching p2. Came out of the last hairpin and saw smoke ahead and saw a car just coming back from ghosting.
(Watching the replay p2 cut off the front of p3 coming out of the hairpin causing p3 to hit the grass and spin.)
I had lots of speed going by and landed my first podium in an A/S lobby and also a first podium for a cup race. šŸ˜

Very pleased with the tight race between p2-p4 and was shocked by how it played out in the end.
176 is the most Iā€™ve ever scored and Iā€™m glad it was such an enjoyable race.

IMG_5603.jpeg
IMG_5602.jpeg
IMG_5604.jpeg

Last edited:
Did three races today. Got progressively worse as the night went on.
First race: GT3 (High C/S) - qualified in 8th with a 1:14ish. Had a surprisingly clean/fair race, and ended up finishing P3! To be fair, I love the SF cars and Deep Forest is my tuning track for most of my cars.

Second race: GT3, but higher split (a few B/S players). Quali'd p10, finished P5. Good, clean race. Got my fastest lap time into the 13's, but otherwise ran consistent 14's all race.

Third race: ..... What the hell, what a dumpster fire. Bumped up to 14/16 B/S players. Got punted two times by the third corner, squeezed into the wall, and then spun out right before the tunnel. This race was horrible.

My DR is now B/S though, so that's nice.

went twice more this evening to only slightly better results. Second race, only punted one car! He slipped, I had nowhere to go. Not saying I don't deserve a penalty though. All of my punts today had to be in the 'incident' category, I wasn't trying to do anything stupid. Finished P9, could of had P8 if I had nitro left, we had a drag to the finish that I lost.

Third race - CRB! But only finished P11, so lost some points. But it was also the closest racing of the three, P8 was viable, just didn't get there.

Figured I'd give it one more shot. Only did mildly better, Q'd in 13th again, but worked up to 11th by race end. Would have done better but I got a 5 sec pen on the first lap that sent me from around 8th to last. Then later I spun the car out on 2 separate occassions. I imagine all those screw ups dropped me at least out of 9th-10th.

Quick question - Does each round take your highest point race, or your last point race? In my first race, I earned 54 points, for a total of 89 (I skipped round two because of work), but my points ranking says I earned 36 points today...

Edit: Just checked the GT page, and realized the game keeps the last points awarded, not highest per round. I'm shocked they would do it that way.

Last edited:
Slot 1: Qualified 5th with a 1:11.7, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the car to rotate when braking for T4, only to remember mid way through my final qualifying lap that the game resets BB to 0 even when you're using your own car and already changed the BB in the settings menu... That probably cost me at least 2 positions on the grid, but I still felt like I could do something with it. The start was pretty calm, at least near the front, and I stayed in P5, using a bit of overtake to counter any slipstream the cars behind me got for the first few laps. Eventually I was able to open up a bit of a gap to the cars behind, while 4th place also pulled away from me a bit. 4th served a track limits penalty on Lap 5, allowing me to close back to under 1s again, but I still wasn't close enough to try to pass, and I didn't want to use too much overtake too early in the race. Then on Lap 6, 4th place got a bit too eager on the throttle out of the final corner and spun, handing me the spot, which I would hold on to for the majority of the race. P3 then pitted on Lap 11, but I decided to go until Lap 12 since I had enough life left in mine for that. I'd also decided against following 3rd place into the pits because I knew the only way I would close the almost 2.5s gap between us would be to have better tires at the end of the race, and doing the same 13-lap final stint as him wouldn't help with that. I did use my overtake quite a bit while he was in the pits to minimize the amount of time he'd gain from the undercut, and it turns out I actually gained over half a second on him myself and came out of the pits under 2s behind him!

From there, I focused on just doing what I'd done the entire race up to that point - take it easy in the left-handers to avoid killing the tires prematurely. The gap between us would ebb and flow as I would close in just enough for the dirty air effect to get too strong, then fall back slightly when the understeer kicked it; but with each "cycle" I was gradually able to stay closer and closer to him until the gap was under 1s on Lap 21. At that point I started using my overtake until 6th gear out of the final 2 corners to stay in the strongest part of the slipstream down the straights. A bobble from him at the exit of T1 on Lap 22 put me right on his gearbox, and while I once again lost time in the middle part of the lap thanks to dirty air, thanks to a slight burst of overtake, I was able to get under 0.5s headed into the final hairpin. He had a ton of understeer and a poor exit, so I went to his inside and held down the overtake button until I cleared him. He also used up the last bit of his overtake trying to defend, but it wasn't enough to keep me from taking 3rd place. Over the course of the final 2 laps I extended the gap to just over 2s at the end to finish 3rd for 277 points with a CRB. I was under 7s away from the winner, and I wonder how I would've done in the race if I hadn't had the brake balance issue in qualifying and started further up the grid...

Edit: Just checked the GT page, and realized the game keeps the last points awarded, not highest per round. I'm shocked they would do it that way.
In my opinion the system is not too bad.
Keeping highest points would massively favour people who have the time to do all races.
The way it is, you can do one race with decent pace and take a fair amount of points.
If you think you can do better, you run again.

Or if you just want to.
A bit of risk is part of racing. Even if itā€˜s just the risk to lose some pointsā€¦

In my opinion the system is not too bad.
Keeping highest points would massively favour people who have the time to do all races.
The way it is, you can do one race with decent pace and take a fair amount of points.
If you think you can do better, you run again.

Or if you just want to.
A bit of risk is part of racing. Even if itā€˜s just the risk to lose some pointsā€¦
Agreed, if there's one thing they got right when laying this out all those years ago it's this.

It's just blackjack right, stick or twist.

As you mentioned it levels the playing field somewhat for those with limited time.

Last edited:
Quick question - Does each round take your highest point race, or your last point race? In my first race, I earned 54 points, for a total of 89 (I skipped round two because of work), but my points ranking says I earned 36 points today...
Not sure if you mean Round points or Race points?

Round points - As they is 6 rounds in this series (not sure if round 7 is racea Le for everyone as the rules say itā€™s only for the top 12 countries?) your best 3 scores from those 6 events count towards your total.

Race points - are the points you earn when you enter each race for that event and your last race you do is the only one that counts.
I think the current way to do the points system is the fairest option. It has a bit of a risk reward strategy. Also it stops people from scoring high and then just racing for fun and taking away points from others who are trying to score high.
GT1 league this is definitely the fairest option. People trying to qualify for the finals, could score high in Round 1 and then race the next 2 slots to purposely stop there opponent from scoring high.

The only thing I donā€™t agree with in the points system is the points cross over between splits. Someone in a lower split can score more points then someone in higher split, and they potentially have an easier race as they are in that lower split.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to this one as I enjoy the SF cars, I did a 1:11.8 in FP but botched qualifying with a 1:13 and started P14 in a strong lobby (237 points). Someone is sleeping on the start and causes a melee that I manage to shoot through the middle of getting me to P9 by turn 1. Another incident gets me a spot on exit, but entering the first tunnel I get bumped sending me backwards into the wall. I drop as low as P15 trying to recover. I start get back into the groove and start making working my way up back to P9, and in the closing laps I was in striking distance of P8. Unfortunately my RF tire was cooked and I couldn't make a move. My P9 finish paid 156 points, I was "only" 26 seconds off the lead so I had faith in my race pace despite the early spin.

Seems like iā€™m missing some pace in qualifying. In the race its comparable to the leaders. Do you guys have any advice? I drive with brake balance 0. Could that be it?

Back