Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,500 comments
Meanwhile EU servers are very laggy , let's see if they fix it in time or they will abort the round after the races lol
I was going to ask this.
Have we heard any news on what’s happening with servers and GTWS? Or are PD just ignoring the issue?
I really don’t want to race if they servers are in a bad state. After seeing YT clips people been DC or been wiped out due to lag I just don’t see the point in racing tomorrow.
Pretty poor that PD have no line of communication apart from spamming ex GTWS drivers on twitter to se if they can forward on the issues.

I was going to ask this.
Have we heard any news on what’s happening with servers and GTWS? Or are PD just ignoring the issue?
I really don’t want to race if they servers are in a bad state. After seeing YT clips people been DC or been wiped out due to lag I just don’t see the point in racing tomorrow.
Pretty poor that PD have no line of communication apart from spamming ex GTWS drivers on twitter to se if they can forward on the issues.
Really depends if the GTWS servers are different than those in daily races , so we will see tomorrow

Last edited:
Its totally unplayable in EMEA with the servers in the way they are. A complete lottery of where cars are or even if you get to finish a race. No way Manu can go ahead right now

Really depends if the GTWS servers are different than those in daily races , so we will see tomorrow
Given I have seen this lag and crash in Daily Races, Toyota Cup, and Nations Cup, I am gonna bet that it is gonna hit us in Manufacturers Cup tomorrow as well. I haven't played anymore Sport after the Toyota Cup on Sunday. And not planning to play until this issue is fixed.

Last edited:
Given I have seen this lag and crash in Daily Races, Toyota Cup, and Nations Cup, I am gonna bet that it is gonna hit us in Manufacturers Cup tomorrow as well. I haven't played anymore Sport after the Toyota Cup on Sunday. And not planning to play until this issue is fixed.
yep, and for us in the US it's going on more than two weeks now. Interesting that other regions are just now seeing it. It suggests a scheduled server maintenance window? Which brings me to my biggest frustration - Just come out and say you are aware of the problem and are taking steps to fix. Servers and networks are constantly in need of maintenance, I'm okay with that so long as I feel it being addressed. So go do it and let us know. Letting us gripe and moan in the dark is their answer?

Okay, I got no shift tomorrow so likely I will be able to join the first lobby at 12.00 hrs local time. (and at worst 13.00 hrs)
Then I will see how the connection is (I am using cable connection) and report here as soon as the race is over so y'all know the status at that moment.

Hope I will not get disconnected and Dr dropped again but if so....

b7bbc69e-98d0-429c-b321-b0392ed8529f_text.gif

additional: I checked Kireths youtube channel, he is live at the moment and did the Daily at Daytone and there was terrible lag and he did get a disco but he is currently racing in Tsukuba (Daily A) and no lag whatsoever....odd.

Last edited:
Sorry for this noob question. I have picked Nissan GTR for GR3 and 4. Can I still switch to the Silvia? How can I do this? Thanks in advance!
You can't receive a free Silvia now, but you can still use it if you own it, and it's on sale at Brand Central.

Sorry for this noob question. I have picked Nissan GTR for GR3 and 4. Can I still switch to the Silvia? How can I do this? Thanks in advance!

As long as you purchased the car and its in your garage you can used it. I went with Toyota and its gives me the option to run the Supra or the GR86 Gr4 I already have for instance.

So finally signed up to Genesis tonight. Hopefully they are decent enough to be able to compete. My initial tests from Daily Races, lobby racing and my Manufacture tests seems like they should be able to compete.

IMG_3318.jpeg

Not sure what to do tomorrow… Do I race and just see what the server do or skip the round? Looks like PD are in no rush to sort the issues out so I’m not expecting any changes really for tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
Oh my god, the track limits at Catalunya are brutal. When you combine them with that godforsaken abomination of a final chicane, it will be a miracle if my steering wheel and/or tv survive an inevitable full-rage, mid-race meltdown.

The chicane doesn’t bother me. I blame PD for the ambiguous track limits and damage model that allows people to unrealistically attack all these kerbs. I pretty much decided that besides maybe a couple of flying laps during qualifying, I’m just going to take the chicane like I would Irl. Cutting the chicane is only faster if you hit it pixel-perfect, and even then, it’s a coin flip if you get a penalty or not. Those .5 second penalties manifest to around one second of total pace lost per lap, and those will add up quickly.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on how broken your guys lobbies are, or aren’t. Fingers crossed

The chicane doesn’t bother me. I blame PD for the ambiguous track limits and damage model that allows people to unrealistically attack all these kerbs. I pretty much decided that besides maybe a couple of flying laps during qualifying, I’m just going to take the chicane like I would Irl. Cutting the chicane is only faster if you hit it pixel-perfect, and even then, it’s a coin flip if you get a penalty or not. Those .5 second penalties manifest to around one second of total pace lost per lap, and those will add up quickly.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on how broken your guys lobbies are, or aren’t. Fingers crossed
I'm not finding the track limits ambiguous, just incredibly tough. In practice I've had them trigger at every turn except 1 and 6, even though I'm driving my regular lines.

The issue with the final chicane is that it doesn't flow in any way. It's too tight, has those stupid sausage kerbs and if you take a conservative line through there because your car's a bit unstable (the Cayman hates the sausages) you are likely dropping at least .25 seconds every lap to a more stable car.

I didn't race online yesterday, but the Asian lobbies were ok on Monday night. We don't seem to have had the same lag issues as the other regions so far (fingers crossed).

Decided to sign with McLaren for the Manufactures Cup this time around. I really like how the car handled and it's nice through the corners. I did see a bunch of McLaren in the top times so I might be in good shape with my pick. I think the line up of races is good this time around except for round 1 at Catalunya, which is a track I hate to drive on. Fortunately, its on the shorter variation and it won't be as painful as it could be. I have no hopes for a good finish there.

My livery inspiration for this series is based on the Buffalo Bandits (of the National Lacrosse League) black retro jersey. Seeing as they won the NLL championship on Saturday, with myself in attendance, I was set on making a livery based on it. Feel free to look at highlights on YouTube if your curious to what that was all about. I didn't bother make a number plate as it's going to get covered anyway. So, keep your eyes open for an orange McLaren in the GT2 Americas region and let's have some fun out there servers willing.

Home Straight, Watkins Glen__1.jpeg

Been full race practicing the last couple of days as really wanted to have a crack at this one but I’m just constantly off pace at this track for some reason. Back in the GTS days, I came dead last here in a Manu race with the RCZ and vowed never to race it again! :lol: I don’t know why but even when I feel that I absolutely nail the lap, its still disappointing. Will decide later whether to destroy my DR or not!

As much as I detest that final chicane, it’s actually this corner that has always been my penalty nemesis :irked:

IMG_8640.jpeg

Been full race practicing the last couple of days as really wanted to have a crack at this one but I’m just constantly off pace at this track for some reason. Back in the GTS days, I came dead last here in a Manu race with the RCZ and vowed never to race it again! :lol: I don’t know why but even when I feel that I absolutely nail the lap, its still disappointing. Will decide later whether to destroy my DR or not!

As much as I detest that final chicane, it’s actually this corner that has always been my penalty nemesis :irked:

View attachment 1262946
Barfcelona is a horrible track, never liked driving it. Did a lot of practice this week and think that I am not that bad at driving here but still never really feel comfortable at it.
But do like the challenge of trying to do well at a track I dot not like so still had fun practicing.
If the race will also be fun is a whole other matter though...

View attachment 1262946
Glad I'm not the only one who struggles there, the final chicane is pretty easy in comparison. Can't get the line right, either too slow or cut it too much and get penalised. I got it right once in my practice last night, then .500 off in sector 1 for about 15 laps afterward. Qualifying is going to be a struggle, will take it conservatively in the race.

Team livery has undergone a colour change, I always wanted a blue Ferrari. Wave if you see me in GT2 - if we're not glitching all over the place.

Image(1).jpeg

First slot in Asia/Oceania got disconnected 2 laps into quali. Funny because I had no problems whatsoever in the Toyota Cup on Sunday and daily A race yesterday. Seems like it's just pure dumb luck whether the servers hold up or not for your particular slot. Absolutely unacceptable given PD has been trying to run esports since late 2017.

just finished the race and had absolutely no server issues, good connection throughout the race
eventfull race, will tell more later!!!
Not targeting you specifically, but if you're playing from another region maybe hold off for now to not add more load to the already fragile servers. I don't really care about points but for those proper trying to qualify for the finals it's a bit disrespectful (and against to TOS) to enter race from another region.

This is going to be my first Manu proper. Signed up for McLaren. Perhaps foolish as I have rarely used them in the dailies. Wont be doing all the races but Barca, RA, Spa and Glen stood out for me so I took the plunge. Guess I need to put together some liveries now!.

Oh, boy... Oh, boy!!!

I was worried during warm up because my gap to leaderboards was bigger than expected for such a tiny track. I was around 1:16.5 and not a clue how to improve.

Well, pole position with 1:15.800. Third one in a week, after the Sciroccos (another magic lap) and GR010 (thanks to rain).

I switch brake balance to the rear in order to nurse the front left tyre, so I can pit without losing time changing tyres. During first lap I defend my position with a switcheroo, but I lose it soon by missing my braking point. I'm now P2 and I feel I won't be able to overtake, but P1 could slow me at certain points of the track, so I go for the mandatory pit stop to have clean air.

P1 pits at 10th lap and... He changes his tyres!!!! And returns to track just one car behind of me!

I manage to not mess everything and...

188958a5fcd68-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Although I don't know what that means or does, I am nonetheless greatly honored to have it bequeathed upon me. Thank you!
It means you are no longer a pleb like the rest of us.

View attachment 1262946
Campsa for me. I just looked at the kerb wrong and got a penalty. Trying to avoid running too far means you loose lots of time.
First slot in Asia/Oceania got disconnected 2 laps into quali. Funny because I had no problems whatsoever in the Toyota Cup on Sunday and daily A race yesterday. Seems like it's just pure dumb luck whether the servers hold up or not for your particular slot. Absolutely unacceptable given PD has been trying to run esports since late 2017.

Not targeting you specifically, but if you're playing from another region maybe hold off for now to not add more load to the already fragile servers. I don't really care about points but for those proper trying to qualify for the finals it's a bit disrespectful (and against to TOS) to enter race from another region.
He was racing in his own region.

I was driving in my own EAMA region, the first slot at 12.00 hrs lt. Last thing i want is to bother players in other regions. I was actually entering the first slot so to advise the rest in this region how the connection here was.

So, as mentioned entered the first slot of today and got in a mixed B and C lobby. Bit worringly was the variety of SR, perhaps because it was still early? It turned out be a rather eventfull race indeed.

Anyway, qualifying went okay, my lap was a few tenth slower then my best practice lap but never expected to be able to get under 1.14 seconds anyway, that was a freak lap. I qualified second in the end, behind an Englishman in another Ferrari.

Start went okay and I stayed close to the Englishman. Sometimes you just know instinctivly after a few corners that the other guy is a clean racer so had no worries that there would be any issues with him and we could race freely. He made a small mistake and I was able to overtake him (as in the picture) and he then followed closely. After a few laps a Spaniard in a Nissan joint us and after I had a bad final chicane he had a good overtake on me in the final corner.

The battle for first was a bit more physical with him but nothing to bad. A bit of rubbing here and there and I outbraked myself once at the first corner but fortunately without any contact. After 7 laps I was still following him closely when i got a 0.5 second penalty. I realised that I wasn't going to win this fight this way, also as by now there were five cars close together so decided to pit early, hoping for clean air and perhaps that others actually change their tyres that will cost them a few seconds. Added benifit is that you serve your time penalty when leaving the pits which is much better then at the straight with full speed! ;)

I got out and had the clean air i wanted and a lap later the Spaniard and the Englishman entered the pits. And, as I hoped, i got in front of them with about 2.3 seconds so my evil plan worked! (Later saw in the replay that the Spaniard indeed changed the tyres but the Englishman did not, but he had an incident in the chicane before entering the pits costing him time)

All I needed to do now was get to the finish line without any incidents. My laps were fine but the other 2 drivers were just faster and in the final lap they were well within a second of me. But made it to the finishline in first place!! Happy with the points and finally in B. Was not the fastest today but still one of my best races till now.

More important i made friends with the Englishman, you can never have enough good, clean racers in your list! Although I got too man that are faster then me! :cheers:

PS: one driver did not go for the mandatory stop, which baffles me as at one time you must notice that the whole field is pitting!? :confused:

barc.jpg

Not a great start to Manufactures…

Servers… so far seemed all ok. Ran a steady 3/4 bars. Thought they was a dodgy connection when I saw the car ahead fly off, but turns out a car in my blind spot to punted them 🤣

GT2 - 12pm EMEA - All DR B with 1 DR A. Was given Car #12 (which worked well as that the number I like to race with)

Quali - not bad quali really 1.15.543 was all I could do. About matched my TT times.

Race - so starting P10. All good up on till the hairpin. Lost out to P11, but then P12 decided to make an overtake into the chicane that basically meant they had they push me off to pass, and then going into T1 I make a move on the inside and this where o thought the dodgy connection happens. After the race I get called a clown and to watch the replay. I did watch the replay and I wasn’t at fault. Don’t suspect I’ll get an apology from that clown… Lap 5 Im running P7 from pitters and a few who crashed, but I get a penalty for track limits. I decide to take my pit stop the same lap as the penalty as the penalty is applied at the pit lane exit. I think you lose less time doing this. After that I’m running P13 and I catch P12, and in trying to fake them I just cut the corner to pick up another penalty. From there on in nothing too much happens. L13 I’m gifted P12 from a coming together with the two in-front and that’s were I finished.

P12 for 72 points. My aim was a top 10 for 83 points, but due to my poor race pace I’m just going to leave it at that, plus servers maybe become unplayable when more people jump on.

Retirements - no cars retired this race.

IMG_3319.jpeg

Last edited:
Back