2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
Imagine how much better on top of that it would sound with the blue interior.

Call me old, but the black/red and the black/blue interior make me think of gaming chair aesthetics. If I had my own Z, I'd opt for all-black, as boring as it may look.

Its fake. ;)
I'm less concerned that it's fake, and more concerned that it sounds good. The 370z sound generator sounded like hot trash.

Sounds like a recording of a recording of a VQ engine played back as an MP3 at 80kb/s with a bunch of high pass-filters applied. The facelifted 370z is probably the worst sounding car ever made from the interior.

Some of the AMGs and Audis (and the Koreans, to a lesser extent) sound rather convincing or at least "good"...even if the sound isn't correct for the engine type.

The A35 here sounds pretty ok - at least there is some depth to the noise.

Same with the new S3 - even if it sounds like a weird mixture of Inline 4 and Inline 5...at least it sounds like an actual engine.

The problem with sound generators thus far has been flattening the **** out of "engine" sound into some supposedly appealing EQ range, but it just makes them sound like 1-dimensional phasers. The 370z is the all-time worst offender here. It actually makes my skin crawl.

Last edited:
I'm less concerned that it's fake, and more concerned that it sounds good. The 370z sound generator sounded like hot trash.

Sounds like a recording of a recording of a VQ engine played back as an MP3 at 80kb/s with a bunch of high pass-filters applied. The facelifted 370z is probably the worst sounding car ever made from the interior.

Some of the AMGs and Audis (and the Koreans, to a lesser extent) sound rather convincing or at least "good"...even if the sound isn't correct for the engine type.

The A35 here sounds pretty ok - at least there is some depth to the noise.

Same with the new S3 - even if it sounds like a weird mixture of Inline 4 and Inline 5...at least it sounds like an actual engine.

The problem with sound generators thus far has been flattening the **** out of "engine" sound into some supposedly appealing EQ range, but it just makes them sound like 1-dimensional phasers. The 370z is the all-time worst offender here. It actually makes my skin crawl.

I don't care for the fake sounds at all. I would prefer all cars that have it to also have a way to turn it off. With that said, usually all that is done is to enhance certain engine orders that are pleasing to the ears for someone. Pretty soon they'll be doing this for electric cars which is even worse.

That’s about less than $58,000 AUD. Pretty reasonable. BRZ is around $39,000AUD. Supra less than $90,000AUD. Mustangs range from about $52,000AUD-$85,000AUD. With that news, I’m guess numbers will be low here and they’ll be sold out.

Was going to post that Vince McMahon gif, but I think my words are enough. :lol::sly: I’m sure PD would have already scanned it. :)

wwe carter GIF

Where's me credit card at......

Oi! How am I supposed to be the first to post news from this dude if you're starting to post news from this dude.
He's not always on point though. His tweets about the Altima getting a 9AT are inaccurate. Either way, you snooze you lose. 😏

As far as I know the two series use basically the same regs these days.

GT4 run in ST-Z. ST-4 are more Roadster and 86 based, about 2L cars. ST-5 are cars less than 2L.

Can't wait to see it in the race. Now, it'd probably only need the front splitter and canards, to be a GT4 car, but it might just be the road going NISMO Z.

Would the road car come with a half roll cage? Something similar to Porsche RS models?

GT4 run in ST-Z. ST-4 are more Roadster and 86 based, about 2L cars. ST-5 are cars less than 2L.

Can't wait to see it in the race. Now, it'd probably only need the front splitter and canards, to be a GT4 car, but it might just be the road going NISMO Z.

Would the road car come with a half roll cage? Something similar to Porsche RS models?
Unlikely.

Nissan announced Australian pricing for the Nissan Z which will reach dealerships Down Under in mid-2022 with a starting price of AU$73,300 (equal to about US$51,200 at current exchange rates). Besides the standard model, there will also be a limited-edition Z Proto Spec with extra features that will only be available during the launch phase priced at AU$80,700 ($56,217 USD).

I dunno, guys, I have a bad feeling about this car.

Watching this video, all I can see is Nissan losing a TON of money by making this thing. I think it may be quite a big flop, and unfortunately won't encourage other marques to follow suit with a sportscar product.

I dunno, guys, I have a bad feeling about this car.

Watching this video, all I can see is Nissan losing a TON of money by making this thing. I think it may be quite a big flop, and unfortunately won't encourage other marques to follow suit with a sportscar product.

What makes you think that? The previous generations have been a resounding success. The 400 is still based on the core architecture of the 350 and 370 as well so the design and manufacturing process is probably a lot more simplified than it seems.

Unfortunately it's a bit slower than the competition but that's not why I would be buying one myself.

Confused by the embargo timing lol Some people have uploaded content while others have it scheduled for the morning

Nissan has always had a thing for Bridgestone - I get it, a lot of American manufacturers choose Goodyear. But virtually nothing Bridgestone has ever made has ever impressed me. The only good performance tire I'm aware of that they make is the RE-71R but that is already like five years old, maybe more. They don't make any decent all-terrain or mud tires for trucks either.

Last edited:
Pretty substantial price bump from the 370z which I believe could be had for a shade under $30k base. Granted, the competition is now also a lot more expensive, but it's hard not to see the buyer pool out there shrinking every day. The prices are a little too close to better cars, especially as the platform dates all the way back to 2002. I think they should have pegged the base at like $34k and the PP at $45k. A PP pack Z for base Supra money seems like good value. But performance pack Z35 for $51k or base Cayman for $60k? Or base C8 Corvette for $58k? The Z is cool and all, but I know which way my money would go.

Nissan should honestly offer a factory-installed Instagram handle vinyl package, based on the Zs I see in the bay area.

Back