2024 Dodge Charger - Stellantis' First All New Muscle Car, and it's an EV

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
From Carscoops:

The 2024 Charger Daytona EV concept has just been unveiled at Speed Week in Oakland, MI. Dodge has not yet said how much horsepower and torque the Banshee powertrain delivers. What it has confirmed is that it is an 800-volt system and provides performance to exceed the SRT Hellcat engine. Indeed, Dodge says its first electric vehicle is faster than a Hellcat in all key performance metrics, no doubt helped by the fact that it is equipped with all-wheel drive as standard.

The Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept is also unique in that it uses the carmaker’s new eRupt multi-speed transmission with electro-mechanical shifting that should help to mimic some of the driver involvement that classic muscle car enthusiasts crave. A push-to-pass PowerShot feature that increases horsepower for a quick burst of acceleration has also been designed for the concept.

The design of the concept is also quite something. Whereas Dodge could have easily fallen into the trap of developing an electric vehicle with a futuristic shape, it has instead paid homage to the design of the original Charger Daytona. Dodge has also created an intriguing interior for the Charger Daytona SRT Concept. Found at the heart of the driver-centric cockpit is a large 12.3-inch infotainment screen and a 16-inch digital instrument cluster. The concept has also been equipped with a large Head-Up Display and trick Ambient Attitude Adjustment Lighting.

The Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Concept is expected to spawn a production variant for the 2024 model year, but Dodge has yet to confirm this. Styling will likely resemble that of the concept.

1660781505128.png

1660781523116.png

1660781538041.png

1660781553689.png

1660781566541.png

1660781579789.png

1660781589232.png

I honestly like the styling of this Charger Daytona concept, though don't see much of the Daytona part in it except maybe the rear fenders. It looks more like a homage to the 1st generation Charger to me.

The roof is weird, especially in that 3/4 rear shot. Like, why is the C-pillar so wide?

The roof is weird, especially in that 3/4 rear shot. Like, why is the C-pillar so wide?
Retro vibes, I guess. Looks between a 2-door and 4-door. As if Dodge weren't sure of public reception.
1660791395968.png

1660791548925.png

Anyway, I'm digging everything about it... even the storm drain bonnet. I'd buy that for a dollar. For real.

Last edited:
I was actually hoping for something that would fall into the trap of looking more futuristic, or rather current. That front end is a whole lot of flat area. Ironic considering the original Daytona was shaped to be more aerodynamic than competitors. A real missed opportunity.

I guess I'll wait and see if they make a Chrysler version and if it turns out better.

That's badass. That being said, I'm a bit confused. Are they turning the Charger back to a 2-door muscle car? What about the Challenger?

Last edited:
I was watching this live and there was generally excitement in the chat.

Having it be 4 wheel drive is not really in the spirit of a true muscle car, but if it ends up being the fastest accelerating car in the world like the Demon was, then the change will be well worth it. The design being so it is as practical as a CUV works well enough but the top of the line model needs a giant rear wing. I'm excited but like how it was mentioned this being 1972 again I can't help but think the craziness of the newer EVs will be regulated and limited at some point.

There's some wonky proportions going on in the side view. It's mostly ok though. I'm surprised they were able to get the shape to feel so low.

I love the fact that it's a coupe! Really curious to see if they'll finally re-enter NASCAR competition with this.

Last edited:
I don't hate it. I actually like it a lot. What I hate is the toxic Dodge fandom that is already hating on it:

"no v8, iTs nOOO MooOpAaaH" :scared:

Those guys annoy me so much.

Finally! If you're going for the fastback/hatchback look on your muscle/pony car; make it actually have a hatchback! I wish the current Mustangs had that.

I hate Stellantis, but, I have to give them a lot of credit on this one. Though it may not look like the original "Daytona", nor does it even come close to paying homage to it's revolutionarily low drag coefficient, design is simply out of the park; it's a great blend of past designs, particularly the 2nd-gen Charger, with an inspiring twist of the future. Those proportions seem well suited for both a coupe and sedan design, and it's especially nice that it's a liftback.

Though, the Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust sounds like a fancy way of saying it’s an artificially generated noisemaker, aka, a speaker system. Which is every bit as lame as piping “simulated engine sounds” into the cabin the way other carmakers have done. Except this way everyone gets to hear it. There's something off-putting about something completely artificial that has nothing to do with any function in reality. Dodge is making sure future douchebros will still be able to make obnoxious noises every time they pull away from a stoplight in city traffic. It's only a matter of time before future electrified RAM trucks will have simulated coal-rolling.

Though, the Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust sounds like a fancy way of saying it’s an artificially generated noisemaker, aka, a speaker system. Which is every bit as lame as piping “simulated engine sounds” into the cabin the way other carmakers have done. Except this way everyone gets to hear it. There's something off-putting about something completely artificial that has nothing to do with any function in reality.
Technically all EV's by law now need to have an exterior speaker that makes noise below 25mph for pedestrian safety, but above that speed it's not required. A gimmick at that point? Maybe.

Technically all EV's by law now need to have an exterior speaker that makes noise below 25mph for pedestrian safety, but above that speed it's not required. A gimmick at that point? Maybe.
At 126db, it’s obscenely loud to say the least.

Anyone else think this logo for the car is terrible? I know it's supposed to be a banshee ghost.

download.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly really like it. Looks menacing, but not to flashy either. I was curious to see if Dodge were going to try and "muscle-up" the EV concept, and they did not disappoint here. It's distinctly a (modern) Dodge, especially with it being able to "rev." :lol:

My only issue is that the proportions seem really inconsistent in various media. In some pics/videos it looks really narrow, while in others it looks about as wide as the current Challenger/Charger, especially in the rear. Otherwise, I love it.

Back