2024 Dodge Charger - Stellantis' First All New Muscle Car, and it's an EV

What I notice about this thing is its got a massive forehead. The greenhouse sticks up above the shoulder line really high which seems to buck the trend of the past 20+ years. Odd design choice. Hard to say if the concept was like this. Obviously the road car sits higher off the ground and it taller in general but I can't tell if the actual body panels and proportions have changed. I'm sure they have for aerodynamics - undoubtedly the rear edge is taller on the road car than the concept, even without the spoiler - but it's really hard to tell through the dark colors they chose. It's been a fairly massive car the whole time, bigger than the outgoing Challenger but not as long as the outgoing Charger.

dodge-charger-daytona-srt-concept-104-1660757051.jpg

dodge-charger-daytona-srt-concept-109-1660757053.jpg

dodge_100851847_h.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like Dodge is going all-in on the new Charger EV sounding like a V8-powered muscle car. Stellantis has patented their new Active Sound Enhancement (ASE) system and Active Vibration System Enhancement (AVE), which "aim to bring back some of the fizzes that will be lost as their upcoming muscle cars go electric".

"The patent states that these vibrations could be introduced in a number of ways. One such option would be to use a force generator to vibrate the chassis or body of the vehicle, with various sensors sending info on driving parameters. It could also include sensations being sent to key touchpoints, such as the steering wheel and driver’s seat — a bit like a high-end sim-racing rig with force feedback and chair-mounted motors that simulate reality. The ASE component adds interior and exterior speakers, in addition to the “exhaust,” that will react to sensors monitoring parameters such as motor speed, acceleration, wheel speed, and torque".

From Carscoops

Seems like Dodge is going all-in on the new Charger EV sounding like a V8-powered muscle car. Stellantis has patented their new Active Sound Enhancement (ASE) system and Active Vibration System Enhancement (AVE), which "aim to bring back some of the fizzes that will be lost as their upcoming muscle cars go electric".

"The patent states that these vibrations could be introduced in a number of ways. One such option would be to use a force generator to vibrate the chassis or body of the vehicle, with various sensors sending info on driving parameters. It could also include sensations being sent to key touchpoints, such as the steering wheel and driver’s seat — a bit like a high-end sim-racing rig with force feedback and chair-mounted motors that simulate reality. The ASE component adds interior and exterior speakers, in addition to the “exhaust,” that will react to sensors monitoring parameters such as motor speed, acceleration, wheel speed, and torque".

From Carscoops
This is so dumb and so wonderful. They need to go in on the fauxgine engineering with Toyota as both brands seem keen to preserve some of the emotion of driving. People play and enjoy and love racing simulators, I'm not sure what exactly is stopping car manufacturers from adopting some of this technology to make EVs feel like something. They just need to get the sound right and extremely high quality. More Dirt Rally 2.0 and less Gran Turismo 4.

1709686082737.png

It is now officially revealed. Glad that both 2 door and 4 door are available. Looks good but previous models were more muscular.

----
Now I’m thinking a Mustang four door wouldn’t be too far fetched. Could have been a hot seller like the current model.
China only Mondeo is great proof that could work. It would sell in Europe definetly. Mustang could become what Lancia Beta could have been but without terrible rust lol
1709686853940.png
1709686808806.png

There's something taunting about that shot showing off the froot/frunk.

View attachment 1334398

It is now officially revealed. Glad that both 2 door and 4 door are available. Looks good but previous models were more muscular.
I'm kinda getting Infiniti G35 vibes from that sedan. Like the body shape wasn't designed with the four door variant in mind originally, then they realized that they had to have a sedan version so they kinda shoehorned it in to make it work. It's not offensively bad, but it looks more cluttered compared to the coupe version.

..And they're both hatchbacks? The coupe reminds of a bigger Chevy Vega with the short deck of the hatch.
Having the old school Dodge emblem is pure genius.

I'd be surprised if sales are weak.

Styling wise, I think it looks pretty good still myself and even more like the 60s Chargers than the previous gen models.

Though the stance on the production coupe makes it feel more like an updated Challenger than a new car.

Not sure how accurate this comparison is but damn, it's a big boy

View attachment 1334713
Both the coupe and sedan are 207 inches long.

To put that into perspective:
18 inches longer than the new Mustang.
10 inches longer than the Challenger.
9 inches longer than the Chrysler 300.
7 inches longer than the old Charger and Durango.
3 inches longer than the Dodge Intrepid.
5 inches shorter than the 1998-2011 Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis/Town Car.

It’s a pig, even for full-size sedan standards.

And yet almost 1 inch shorter than a 1969 Dodge Charger.

Speaking of the size, and now looking at the proportions of the sedan, it’s pretty clear that the sedan was planned ever since the concept’s inception, and in fact I think the sedan was the primary form factor. They just never told us about it.

I always did wonder why the hell the coupe was so damn long with so much rear seat space. The proportions were always strange.

Just got wind of this car today. Styling is truly nice, hats off to the designers. But admittedly, this being the future of muscle leaves me feeling not but depressed. Not just the EV factor, but the cost that comes with it being an EV. The cheapest model is noted to start at 40K (USD) 53.8K(CAD).

As if new sportcars weren't inaccessible enough to the middle-class. Particularly in countries like mine, where cheaper petrol options are going to be illegal to sell in a few years, eventually being phased off the roads completely. I'm nearly 30, and I just earned enough for my first muscle car two years ago. Pretty soon I'll be left with nothing but some soulless commuter, and frankly, that's been getting me in a pretty dark mental state as of late. Sportcars have sort of been my everything.

Just got wind of this car today. Styling is truly nice, hats off to the designers. But admittedly, this being the future of muscle leaves me feeling not but depressed. Not just the EV factor, but the cost that comes with it being an EV. The cheapest model is noted to start at 40K (USD) 53.8K(CAD).

As if new sportcars weren't inaccessible enough to the middle-class. Particularly in countries like mine, where cheaper petrol options are going to be illegal to sell in a few years, eventually being phased off the roads completely. I'm nearly 30, and I just earned enough for my first muscle car two years ago. Pretty soon I'll be left with nothing but some soulless commuter, and frankly, that's been getting me in a pretty dark mental state as of late. Sportcars have sort of been my everything.
The EV has 670 horsepower, the Six Pack has 550 horsepower. They're also making the Banshee, which will probably have close to a 1,000 horsepower. Nothing about that should be depressing. Just because the method being used to put the car forward has changed, doesn't mean the performance has. Hell, the Hurricane bests both the 5.7 and 6.5L V8s in terms of power from a smaller displacement.

I get being concerned about the price, but no current muscle car is affordable for the average person and haven't been for a long time.

And yet almost 1 inch shorter than a 1969 Dodge Charger.
It's six inches wider and three inches longer than my 2006 Sequoia, a full-size ladder-frame three-row SUV.

Back