Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Fuji Speedway F
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: RE Amemiya
  • Model: Asparadrink RX7 '06
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 369 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change and Stage 3 Engine Tuning) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 1100 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed (Verifiable on replay HUD)
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

FujiSpeedwayF_6.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Green or Tarmac Run off Areas are NOT Part of the Track

Steward's Comments:
Lots of grip this week, as we make our first foray into the JGTC 300 Ranks. This car has a lot of significance in WRS, mainly at the Tokyo track. And this track has a lot of significance for the registry, mainly for being the first track used during GTP_Event 02. This is also our first visit to the last track used in Prologue WRS. Enjoy. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

FujiSpeedwayF_8.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

FujiSpeedwayF_4.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 22 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, July 18th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

FujiSpeedwayF_7.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Big change from the Mini.:lol:
Should be interesting though, especially when tunes start floating around.

Can't wait to see what it holds for me here, I don't have a whole lot of experience on this track.:scared:

Last edited:
Rotary goodness~ 👍 And I definitely wouldn't mind getting better on this track. Should be a good one.

GT5P qualifier flashbacks:scared: ...Oh wait, this is a race car, not the stock RX7. Phew.

Thanks Kevin. 👍 Sweet combo, as always.

Nice combo, this car drives really nice. I'll have to get over my mental block about this circuit. I just don't like most of the tracks that Hermann Tilke modified or designed from scratch. This track has nice fast flowing sections, then there's the Tilke mess, slow tight odd sections that ruin the flow. They are challenging I guess, I just don't care from them.

Last edited:
Wow, just know this is going to be a tough week.

I only started playing GT since this one, so all the weeks i have to first learn the track, and i just feel this is a difficult one :scared:

Really looking for some tips from you guys (please :guilty:)

This is one of my favorite cars. Immense grip and handling with moderate speed. Will be fun!

I love these kinds of racecars...not the 800hp burners. These cars always make even D4s like me feel like driving gods. :cool:

...of course then we start posting splits, and it brings us back down to reality! :ouch:

Looking forward to getting some time in here, during my week off work! :)

First splits for the board with my freshly bought car, so no oil change yet

And a massive T3 :nervous:

T1: 21.526
T2: 33.200

Using Vett's [Avid Racing] gears and Praiano63's suspension for right now.

Engine not broken in, 389hp. gonna let Bob drive it a little. :lol:

Think i'm going to enjoy this week :sly:
first few laps and these are the splits;
T1: 21.314
T2: 31.951

Ooooooh, been absent from the WRS for some time now what with a little nipper to prioritise over GT5 time, and what with the GBRC boys always tempting me to the dark side (online racing I mean!!), but I love this car and I love this track so I'll have to brake out the duct tape and buy myself some time to give this one a go, and then find out that I'm depressingly slow!! :crazy:

Hopefully all those hours I put in on the WRS Prolog Fuji Quali w/ the rubber band powerd RX7 will show :)

T1: 21.480
T2: 32.312

I love this car, been having some fun with it online quite a bit lately. Looking forward to running this 👍

This sounds like a blast. Love the car so much i wanna marry her :lol:

But i have so little time for this week. Hope i can do enough laps to be competitive.

Maybe the chance I've been looking to get back at the WRS. JGTC300 cars are lovely, even if post-Tilke Fuji isn't so. I'll give it a shot 👍.

Anyone know what the max break-in miles needed for max HP?

Currently, I'm at 133.3mi with oil resulting in 395hp. :indiff:

Love the car, desperately need to learn the track.

I suspect it's going to be a humbling experience before Fuji-san....

Thought I had a good lap, checked the board, and decided to go for more laps.
Knocked almost 1sec off that first lap. 👍

Fun combo!

Didn't have much time to fully concentrate on MiniMe this week.
I really like the sound of this combo! 👍
I haven't driven this car yet so I'm pretty anxious to give this a try tomorrow
and really get into the track, which I like very much.
Good one Kevin:cheers:

I'm dry. I've got no more performance inside of me.

All of my past WRS attempts were short 15 minute stints and no more. I would either give up due to impatience or self-anger for being unable to go faster. Today, I've tried one of the most lovely cars around one of the most hateful tracks (Blame Tilke!) for 45 minutes and I didn't gave up until I had a clean lap that was joined my best performance troughout all sectors. It was tiring, somewhat enfuriating, but the end result makes me proud.

T1: 0'20.718
T2: 0'31.903

No tuning beyond little suspension fiddling. Took out the annoying preset .20 rear toe angle, and wheel alignment settings. Changed the rebound settings from the front to the rear and viceversa, and lowered the front by -5mm. Bone stock otherwise.

Oh, and I really wish for Hermann Tilke suffering the most slow and painful death possible.

I'm dry. I've got no more performance inside of me.

All of my past WRS attempts were short 15 minute stints and no more. I would either give up due to impatience or self-anger for being unable to go faster. Today, I've tried one of the most lovely cars around one of the most hateful tracks (Blame Tilke!) for 45 minutes and I didn't gave up until I had a clean lap that was joined my best performance troughout all sectors. It was tiring, somewhat enfuriating, but the end result makes me proud.

Really? I guess you know you own performance better than anyone else, but car set up will be as important as racing line and braking points with this car, and who knows what tunes people will throw into the ring later on in the week.

Just seems a shame to throw in the towel after 45 minutes :indiff:

EDIT: First splits...

Last edited:
Back