EigerNordwandWTrail_5.jpg

Clio Renault Sport V6 24V '00

EigerNordwandWTrail_6.jpg

Eiger Nordwand W Trail

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

EigerNordwandWTrail_2.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Seasonal Events : Time Trial No. 17: 295 HP Eiger Nordwand W Trail Time Trial
  • Track: Eiger Nordwand W Trail
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: FR > RenaultSport
  • Model: Clio V6 24V '00
  • Laps: Hotlap in Seasonal Time Trial

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 295 HP
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : Optional
  • Engine Power Limiter : Optional (OK to Install all Power Adding Parts and then limit power back to regulations using the limiter. This means some parts will add torque, while the limiter only removes power)
  • Oil Change : Required - This specifically refers to the oil indicator light. If the oil light is on during your replay, your lap will be DQ'd.
  • Weight: Optional (As Low as Full Weight Reduction to 1200 kg). You may but all weight reductions in the tuning section and then add ballast to comply with the event regulations.
  • Traction Control and ASM (Active Stability Management) - OFF (Use of TC is verifiable by watching the throttle in Replay Theater. There is an ASM indicator on the HUD.
  • All Other Driving Aids: Optional (Skid Recovery Force Disabled in this Game Mode)
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Optional - You may install all aero parts available in GT Auto
  • Tire Type: Dirt
  • Other Modifications: Optional (Chassis Reinforcement, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • All surfaces are track
  • No Contact with Any Walls or Objects, invisible or otherwise,

Steward's Comments:
Rally in an MR Hot Hatch. The Clio is a great drive here, keep it pointed forward. ;)

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

EigerNordwandWTrail_3.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

EigerNordwandWTrail.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 30 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
    [*]Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
    [*]Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
    [*]If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday, September 12th 11:59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site. Beware of the US Daylight Savings Time Change, don't cut it too close.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

EigerNordwandWTrail_1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

What a name! :lol:

Am I able to submit times even if my Qualifier replay hasn't been verified yet? If so I'll work on this event tomorrow morning, sure seems like a great WRS event to start on.

:lol::lol: Love the title, nice job Kev. :lol: Even gladder that I voted yes, now. 👍

What a name! :lol:

Am I able to submit times even if my Qualifier replay hasn't been verified yet? If so I'll work on this event tomorrow morning, sure seems like a great WRS event to start on.

Yes, you can begin participating now. 👍

Oh no , I was hoping for a Ferrari Rally Event.
Oh well , atleast it's MR :lol:

MadMax

The wing you can add to this thing is pure badass. Just running a few laps now :-D

Ok. Hahaha this is impossible! Can barely drive in a straight line!

Last edited:
Oh no , I was hoping for a Ferrari Rally Event.
Oh well , atleast it's MR :lol:

MadMax

That's not a bad idea, maybe next time. ;)

I was testing the Celica rally car, but it has a turbo to begin with, and I really didn't like how it drove with power maxed out and the limiter back down.

EDK
That's not a bad idea, maybe next time. ;)

I was testing the Celica rally car, but it has a turbo to begin with, and I really didn't like how it drove with power maxed out and the limiter back down.

If you have seen my thread you know what I'm talking about.

It's kind a passing blessing.

The Celica , which one?

MadMax

If you have seen my thread you know what I'm talking about.

It's kind a passing blessing.

The Celica , which one?

MadMax

The premium rally car.

So, do you know if the Clio is normally not something I would be able to rally?

I am not sure that the Clio is homologated for rallying. It doesn't fit in with the major series as they're 1.6l or 2l and turbo 4wd models. You could probably rally it at club level, but I suspect it wouldn't be competitive against lighter models and 4wd machinery.

Great choice of car though, very interesting and kind of a modern interpretation of the old R5 Turbo which was a successful tarmac rally car back int he early eighties...

R5maxiTurbo.JPG

I am not sure that the Clio is homologated for rallying. It doesn't fit in with the major series as they're 1.6l or 2l and turbo 4wd models. You could probably rally it at club level, but I suspect it wouldn't be competitive against lighter models and 4wd machinery.

Great choice of car though, very interesting and kind of a modern interpretation of the old R5 Turbo which was a successful tarmac rally car back int he early eighties...

R5maxiTurbo.JPG

I meant on the game, silly. :P

And yes, I know the Renault 5 Rally car quite well. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100528

Id imagine that this isn't very good.

1200Kg and 295bhp with ballast and limiter. Think there were some alpine sheep overtaking me.....

That ould have been a great event Kev - R5 turbo on steroids around Monaco :eek:

Oh :dunce: yes, you can use the Clio in the rally events in the game, in fact you can use any car that will take dirt tyres.

I hope I'm not understanding the combo so I'll go for the obvious :dunce:

This is a RWD event on an off road track ???? :banghead:

For what it's worth I have been pulling my hair out w/ this car and It's just evil. I'm going to be worhtless without a decent setup. Nothing I try will do anything to keep this thing planted. It's all over the place. Just about the minuite I think I have got something to work It comes apart somewhare else on the track.

Last edited:
I hope I'm not understanding the combo so I'll go for the obvious :dunce:

This is a RWD event on an off road track ???? :banghead:

Indeedy-do Lefty... :) its like a trip back to the 70's (before Audi spoiled all the fun with AWD :sly:).... when movie stars all smoked and so did the tyres. :cheers:

Great fun Kev - probably be frustrating the crap out of me by Wednesday but I'm having fun so far 👍 Put in my first 20 minutes or so with some bits on and a very rudimentary setup.

Oil change
Sport ECU
Racing air filter
Sport intake manifold
Sport exhaust manifold
Sport catalyst
Limit engine back to 295bhp

All weight reduction options + chassis reinforcement
Ballast up to 1200kg and adjust so 50/50 weight distribution

6 speed close ratio gearbox

Racing flywheel and clutch
Custom LSD

Racing suspension

I'll post a setup when I've experimented a bit.
So, anyway... first splits:

No idea if this competitive or not but I'm faster than Matt so far, which is a start :dopey:

Great title! I normally get dirty with a German girl(the wife) but I can make an exception for one week. I'll get some laps in later, the German girl is not happy about the French girl.

Holy ****, this thing is hard to drive around here.:scared:

I know I voted yes to this, can I change my vote. (just kidding EDK).

This is going to be long week.:crazy:

Similar setup as Vagabond, early splits-

T1, 23.985
T2, 27.429

Last edited by a moderator:
After 4 laps:
T1 25.051
T2 27.233

There's plenty of time to be had in the T1.

Holy ****, this thing is hard to drive around here.:scared:

Yeah but loads of fun and rewarding when you nail the exit just right :cool:

Did some kind of a setup:

LSD 7/10/7

-25/-25
6.1/7.7
5/5
5/5
3/3

2.0/0.7
0.00/-0.07

BB 4/6 ABS 1

Using 6 speed close ratio box (fixed ratios)

Feels ok but really hard to judge when to get on the power and how much to thrash it. A very different challenge, this combo... but a welcome one. I'm sticking with my vote :cheers:

Now, where's that damn Wes to teach us a lesson...? :sly:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sick splits Vaga 👍
I'll try out your setup tomorrow.

I like this week's event, rallying's refreshing.

Nice to meet ya Chris. :cheers:
I'm Jev.

Also, a tip for pad users:
Bring the controller sensitivity down, I'm on 1 atm and I was 3 seconds faster than when I was on 7.

EDK
So, do you know if the Clio is normally not something I would be able to rally?

Nah , the Clio can get dirt tyres from Tuning Shop or from tuning menu.

I still prefer taking the free dirt tyres from the Time Trial itself :sly:

Here , like at Toscana I believe all is track , no wall contacts allowed.
When pushing the limits it becomes nessessary to stay close to the walls :rolleyes:

My test session splits:

MadMax

Hi guys, it's been a while! got a new slim and started from scratch with GT5 last night as i lost my gamesaves and everything when my old fattie had the ylod :crazy:

1st splits in this crazy but pretty cool combo ...

I lost a save a few tenths faster at each split due to clipping that little bridge at the end of the lap :dopey: I'll go back for some more soon 👍

edit: made .4 at the line with...

Last edited:
I almost asked what tires. :lol:

Felt pretty solid, going to try different ballast though.

Now, where's that damn Wes to teach us a lesson...? :sly:
I opened up my wheel trying to fix something. Shouldn't have done that.:dopey:
Going to take a few days.

G'day Ron :cheers: Nice opener there mate 👍 You too Dominic :)

Ahh Wes... not your G27? Hope you get that sorted quickly mate - this combo is a great laugh :)

Couldn't resist a quick go before my appointments this morning....

Messed up the bridge at the end though. Loving this combo Kev, nice one 👍

Feels like I'm going backwards (sometimes literally) but the stopwatch says OK so far but plenty still to find...

There's going to be a lot of time in set-up as well I think. Surely anevent made for you Max? "If you want to win, hire a Finn"...

Back