2014 Mazda6 - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 404 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Let me first say right up front that this car looks great! Hopefully the next Mazda6 will take most of it's styling ques from this car. I'm really loving this new design language that Mazda is using, first on the new Shinari Concept which turned into the CX-5, and now this.

The only thing that bugs me, is that this design really looks like it should be RWD. Obviously it will end up in a FWD configuration, so I'll add this car to the list of cars that really should be RWD. (Nissan Maxima also...)

👍👍 to Mazda, still my favorite Manufacturer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/25/mazda-takeri-concept-to-debut-at-tokyo-motor-show/

webtakeri.jpg

You're right, it definitely looks like it should be RWD, but to be honest Mazda6 buyers haven't been too hard done by with the FWD option so it should still handle well.

Definitely looks great and should be right up there for performance and economy too.

Looks awesome 👍 Love the sleek roofline, now all I wish is for it to be powered by a rotary, though that might be going a bit too far :dopey:

Looks like hyundai knocked off an Accord coupe and used their own rear-end.
Not bad but still not my cup of mazda. Gimme the MS3 and I'll be on my way. :P

Looks like their previous concept cars. Nice, but even by concept car standards, very little of this car will make it into production designs.

Looks good, but the rear looks a lot like the current Hyundai Sonata. Looks a bit like an Infiniti overall... Still good!

Looks like their previous concept cars. Nice, but even by concept car standards, very little of this car will make it into production designs.

I disagree actually. The Shinari Concept made it to production almost completely intact as the CX-5.

This. Wouldn't surprise me if the next Mazda 6 looked almost exactly like this concept. There's nothing about it which would be too difficult to put through production.

It does indeed look very much like the Mazda 6's new form. Thing is, how sporty will they get with it once it's released? :D

Damn this thing is beautiful. And mean, too. If it makes it into production looking half like that, it will be even better than the current 6, and that is a tall order.

Hopefully it has a better turning radius than the old one.

Thanks for the post, was just going to do that myself.

...and I still love it. I really hope the next Mazda6 will be this car in it's entirety.

I like it...but I'm not sure I like the new Mazda design language. It looks too similar to others like Nissan and Citroen. I'm worried that it's not going to age well.

The details were subdued between the CX5's concept and production version, but the little crossover still kept most of the concept's flair and has great looks. Some new car designs don't go over quite that well, so I'm hoping Mazda will make that a trend as they revamp their lineup.

Makes me curious about the next Miata. I would prefer it separate itself from the rest of the lineup and keep its design heritage alive. A Miata needs to look like a Miata.

Makes me curious about the next Miata. I would prefer it separate itself from the rest of the lineup and keep its design heritage alive. A Miata needs to look like a Miata.

I just wish they would hurry up on that. We're due for seeing something any day now. Even a concept car would make me happy. Not getting any info is driving me nuts!

With a renesis :)
Oh come on. You can only be so big a rotary fanboy until you start meddling with an iconic formula, and then you've crossed the line. Fact: Miatas don't have rotaries. Only the RX series of cars should ever have a rotary from the factory.

Yes I know smaller sidewalls means better turning around corners but here in the US of A, you hit a pothole with that thing and you can kiss everything from your tire to your power steering goodbye.

Oh come on. You can only be so big a rotary fanboy until you start meddling with an iconic formula, and then you've crossed the line. Fact: Miatas don't have rotaries. Only the RX series of cars should ever have a rotary from the factory.

Well the idea is that it wouldn't really be a Miata anymore. I would imagine the body would have to change substantially to accommodate a coupe form, and this would allow it to become more like an RX-3. So a <2700lbs, 200bhp n/a 13b powered nuevo-Mazda RX-3. Now THAT would be awesome. I agree though, rotary engines don't work work that well in roadsters...too many fumes!

A new mini-RX is an interesting idea, sure. We're expecting the next rotary to make around 300 horses though, so not sure how small a car that would be reasonable in. Obviously it would be awesome.

That 300hp will probably be in a flagship RX-7 or RX-9 or something. The porting could presumably reworked to make more torque at the expense of top end. So 8,000rpm redline with a much more usable low end. Sort of like the Subaru/Toyota 86. Mazda used to make 4 port 13b's with as much torque as power. They put them in things like this:

Mazda_Parkway26_Bild00.jpg

Latest Posts

Back