22B help please!

• Thread starter KanaL
  • 15 comments
Originally posted by Viper_Slayin_Civic
yea, raise that final drive gear, thats all i usually do for top speed
If you raise the numerical value of the final drive ratio the car will go slower on the top end and be quicker in the acceleration department.

Kanal;
Buy the Full-race tranny if you don't already have it.
At the set-up screen go to the tranny options and move the slider between "sports and wide" closer to the wide side.
Start with 10.
You can get to the point where it's too wide and the car wont be able to reach top speed.

yeah thanks a lot everyone... in the process of modifying cars, i never really bothered to fully read the modification descriptions, and i noticed that a full engine balance resets the speed limiter. also, i read the "information" thing with the 22b, and it says its speed limited, so i just presumed that doing the "full engine balance" would reset the speed limiter. i was wrong. i realised after i bought a full gearbox that the 22b from the factory actually uses the preset gear ration of "3" NO FRIKING wonder i was troubled to find the 200km/h mark!

Anybody's who's done all the Manufactuer's Events will tell you that you MUST buy a full-racing transmission in order to really enjoy the cars. Even if you race using automatic, never change any other settings, or make any upgrades.

PD had a little fun with some of the cars; some have the gearing so darn short that you can't get much above 100mph in few cars. So when the random track selection comes to the Test Course...expect to stay in 6th place.

This isn't the case with the cars available on the first day; fortunately PD realized that you probably don't have much dough after buying your first car. But many of the new lot cars suffer this indignity.

Originally posted by eddy_2790
tune it duh?!?!

great help eddy_2790 you stupid ****wit

here i am trying to enjoy a game... trying to get some helpful info, and you gome along and say stupid things like that?

get a life, and stop picking on people that arent as advanced as you!
:rolleyes:

hey who says i'm advanced, i suck honestly

just because i've got 6 million in credits and almost finished the game doesn't mean i'm the greatest...go to the how good are you at this game? and read my post.

Back