• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: World > The Top Gear Test Track
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Gran Turismo
  • Model: Racing Kart 125

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: (Stock)
  • Weight: (Stock)
  • Transmission: Automatic (No Selectable)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: Set to Off by Default
  • Tyre Type: Default
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): N/A
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Not Available

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects, including cones. Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac Outside of the White and Orange Painted Corner Boundaries is not Track.
  • Grass is not track
  • All Hard surfaces not outside of corner boundary lines are track.

Steward's Comments:
A different event this week, as we take our first crack at Karting. The track has no elevation change or rumble strips, making the Kart easier to drive. But there are a few really tricky corners that will make it a challenge this week.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack_2-1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

TheTopGearTestTrack_4-1.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 42 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, December 5th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

TheTopGearTestTrack_5-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
AWSOME a Karting event 👍👍👍 I hope i manage to get a run or two in now. I was actually racing a mates rotax 125 last weekend. Slightly differnt as we race on Dirt but will be intreesting to compare notes all the same. In saying that I am still no good at these playstation controller things. Is this kart available with out the expansion pack being purchased or will i need to buy that to compete.

Is this kart available with out the expansion pack being purchased or will i need to buy that to compete.

I checked that out yesterday. I loaded up the game using one of my other accounts, and the new Karts were there in Arcade Mode. You can find them at the far right of all the cars. That seems to have come with the 2.0 update, as the NASCAR's in Arcade Mode also changed to the 2011 Models.

EDK
I checked that out yesterday. I loaded up the game using one of my other accounts, and the new Karts were there in Arcade Mode. You can find them at the far right of all the cars. That seems to have come with the 2.0 update, as the NASCAR's in Arcade Mode also changed to the 2011 Models.

Awsome news. I will definately be having a crack at this event then. Alswys nice to get back to the grass roots of Racing. 👍

I am keen as to have a red hot go at this one!
Reason being is that it takes alot of the variables away and gets the competitors back to bare basics, no gear changes or wrongly selected gear.
Just the racing line and throttle control!

Having said that, what i know from experience in GT5 karts is that they can be tricky to maintain for speed and keep in a straight line!

Looking forward to the challenge.

Nice work Kev!

Cheers All !!!

This is so much more addicting than I thought it would be. :drool:
But going back to a real car after an hour of karting is a bit rough.
Took me about 15 tries to get around turn 1 in Cape Fear, after getting these initial kart splits:

EDIT: Looks like Fetchy is out to lunch...

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
First Splits:

T1: 33'999
T2: 21.156

Awesome combo Kevin! I always say to myself I want to run the karts more often but never do it. As soon as I read the first post I knew I was going to get some laps in this week. A lot of fun but also challenging so far.👍

Love the title :lol:

Can't wait to give her a try. T.G.T.T is one of my favorite tracks and trying to drive this thing wide open without lifting would be a total blast. I hope the shifting addicts don't go through withdralls on this combo. Little will be jazzed when he finds out about this one, great call Kevin (OBTW, "I hope team "Clutch on Fire" put a dent in that $500 prize money before you all went back to your daytime jobs" :lol: )

LOL, I just may dust off my old WRS gloves for this one (will have to blow hard, there's a LOT of dust on 'em :) )

Great Fun. Ran a Few laps tonight. Finding the Gearing Verry Frustrating as we are sitting on max rpm for a long time and not really bogging down in the corners but at least it is the same for everyone i do like that about the Arcade events.

With a fair bit more to drag out of it still i think. Its just a matter of putting that miricle lap together. Plenty of time yet though. Having lots of fun

T1: 0'33.798
T2: 0'21.053

T1: 0'33.771
T2: 0'21.127

Phillip.

Last edited:
Back