• Track: Original > Eiger Nordwand Reverse
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Mazda
  • Model: RX-7 Spirit Type A (FD) '02

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 276 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1270 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ
  • All Tarmac is track. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
This one is for Sjaak. Eiger reverse was his first track used in Prologue WRS, and he's a Blue Mazda Man, through and through. :) Eiger reverse is home to some of my favorite combos. There was the 512BB in Week 13 of Prlogue WRS. And then Week 65, where we used the Lotus 111R Tuned. I almost named this week "The best Combo There Ever Was". It's pretty freakin' awesome, give it a drive. 👍

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_6-1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

EigerNordwandShortTrack_7.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 48 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, January 16th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

EigerNordwandShortTrack_3-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Wow, getting this one online early! 👍 Some stunning views in those pictures... Hard to drive without getting distracted by the vistas. I've never really learned this circuit so this will be my chance.

Wow, getting this one online early! 👍 Some stunning views in those pictures... Hard to drive without getting distracted by the vistas.

The Steelers play in the playoffs tomorrow, priorities, you know. ;)

So the playseat doesn't arrive til late in the week and you put this one up??
I used to own a red one of these bad boys *wipes tear* this will be a nostalgic week for me.
I'm praying Oz Post is early . . . . YEAH RIGHT!!!
Thanks for the combo Kev!! Truly nice work!!!
Cheers All !!!

I'm praying Oz Post is early . . . .

:lol:

First ten laps. The splits leaderboard is going to be useless this week as the last sector is so long and technical. For what it's worth...

11.15x
20.20x

Nice one Kev 👍

This track has one of the longest pitlanes in history!!!

Last edited:
5 lap try

Much more enjoyable this one :)

Only 5 laps. PFFFF i had to do about 15 laps only to be under the 11 in T1. Very nice

:lol:

First ten laps. The splits leaderboard is going to be useless this week as the last sector is so long and technical. For what it's worth...

Nice one Kev 👍

Defiantly true. But losing to much in the first two sectors, is very hard to make up in the last.

Love the car. Not a big fan of the track but reverse is much better than the other direction. At first the tires scared me a bit but is very enjoyable after all. Conclusion, nice combo

My first spilts after about 30 or 40 laps.

Nice T2 Dennis 👍

Going to be sick of hairpins by the end of this!

Not sure about the car yet. It's not great in the slow turns, kinda like it has a slowacting LSD fitted.

Last edited:
Nice T2 Dennis 👍

Thanks, yours is even better:tup:

It's hard to keep up .8 in T2

Improved a bit with a better T1. Lost to much in T2 :grumpy: Saw a .6xx in T1 passing by.

First few

Unchanged BB (Forgot)

3/6 ABS 7

Last edited:
first 15 laps
BB 4/6

Having a lot of trouble with the hairpins, especially the third one.

First splits, using BB 2/4.

Not sure yet if an upshift to 4th on the back straight leading to the last corner is needed/useful. Of course, when Chris or Wes run, they'll probably tell me they hit the limiter if they don't shift. :sly:

Also have not settled on braking point or approach to the Left hander after the tunnel that makes T2. I'm obviously a little bit off pace there on this lap, but have seen better runs. I think a semi-drift in with an apex out, all in 3rd, is the right approach.

What are you guys doing in those spots?

First splits bb 5/1

Im hitting the limiter in the back straight at the moment.

My braking point for T2 is at the end of the tunnel hard on the brakes aim for the apex then drift out a bit then back on the gas, I try not to go any lower than 61 mph at the moment. That was my fastest T2 up to now faster than my split posted

Had a play with 3rd/4th gear on back straight and i'm not getting the best exit out of the last hairpin. 152kph rev limiter in 3rd, hit 151kph before braking in 3rd and 151kph in 4th. If you are getting good drive out of the last hairpin use 4th for a couple of extra kph maybe.

Hi, Eiger is my favorite track since GTHD so this is a must for me and the perfect combo for my first WRS TT. :cheers:

Had a quick 40 min run to get a feeling for this combo.
T1 and T2 were pretty well i don´t think theres much left for me, T3 is the part to work on now.

Splits:

Last edited:

T3 was not so great but squeaked my best lap so far with best splits so far.

Not sure yet if an upshift to 4th on the back straight leading to the last corner is needed/useful. Of course, when Chris or Wes run, they'll probably tell me they hit the limiter if they don't shift.

Also have not settled on braking point or approach to the Left hander after the tunnel that makes T2. I'm obviously a little bit off pace there on this lap, but have seen better runs. I think a semi-drift in with an apex out, all in 3rd, is the right approach.

What are you guys doing in those spots?

Kevin - for the corner outta the tunnel it's no lower than 3rd for me and I dive straight into the left side of the corner at the earliest point, braking right at the braking line red mark (if you use it - if not, I dunno where it is!) and then it runs quite wide and slows up, enabling you to straight line the exit and get the fastest speed down to the difficult next corner. If you get it right, the exit speed will blow the ghost to pieces, but watch the next turn because if you run wide there, it's game over. The reason to maintain the straight line braking and dive to the inside of the turn is so that you don't start skidding the nuts off the S1s, which will red-up if you attempt much steering angle under braking there I find, so this sorts it all out. I started hitting 19.7s doing this and was stuck in 19.9s with other approaches. Suits me but I drive a bit eccentric ;)

Back straight - have to shift to 4th or a 1 or 2 bounce off the limiter.

Last edited:
EDK
Not sure yet if an upshift to 4th on the back straight leading to the last corner is needed/useful. Of course, when Chris or Wes run, they'll probably tell me they hit the limiter if they don't shift. :sly:
Shift to 4th while airborne ;)

Hi, Eiger is my favorite track since GTHD so this is a must for me and the perfect combo for my first WRS TT. :cheers:

Had a quick 40 min run to get a feeling for this combo.
T1 and T2 were pretty well i don´t think theres much left for me, T3 is the part to work on now.

Nice to see you've joined us here. 👍

Kevin - for the corner outta the tunnel it's no lower than 3rd for me and I dive straight into the left side of the corner at the earliest point, braking right at the braking line red mark (if you use it - if not, I dunno where it is!) and then it runs quite wide and slows up, enabling you to straight line the exit and get the fastest speed down to the difficult next corner. If you get it right, the exit speed will blow the ghost to pieces, but watch the next turn because if you run wide there, it's game over. The reason to maintain the straight line braking and dive to the inside of the turn is so that you don't start skidding the nuts off the S1s, which will red-up if you attempt much steering angle under braking there I find, so this sorts it all out. I started hitting 19.7s doing this and was stuck in 19.9s with other approaches. Suits me but I drive a bit eccentric ;)

Back straight - have to shift to 4th or a 1 or 2 bounce off the limiter.

:cheers: That's what I was looking for. Double apex it. Early apex, straigtline braking, run deep, mash it out.

Shift to 4th while airborne ;)

Yeah, if I was shifting, that's how I did it. The only way to fly. :sly:

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Back