Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Fuij GT
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Alfa Romeo
  • Model: Carrozzata DAZagato CN.AR750106 '65
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 178 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 620 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Modifications : N/A
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed. Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD.
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track
  • Green Runoff Areas Are not Track

Steward's Comments:
This car is awesome here. Have fun. :D

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

FujiSpeedwayGT_2.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 49 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, January 23rd, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

FujiSpeedwayGT_8.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
You know, I just woke up (747am) and was thinking "where is this alfa event!" and lo, there it is, within a minute :-)

Can't wait to try this later! Cheers Kevin!

No way am I going to miss this weeks event! :grumpy:

Looking forward to giving this a shot. 👍

I really hope I find some time to have a go a this one, should be awesome 👍

Track is SO much better without that fiddly nonsense section.

Great call, love it!

Stock vehicle with settings changes, 7 laps in

Been looking forward to this. I'll run this combo, even with my bad pedals.

80 to 90% throttle hot laps here I come! :lol:

Little off-topic question @ Kev: do you still remember which exact type of purple you used to repaint that car? Is that Dino Viola? It looks awesome 👍 . Purple is my favorite color too :)

First splits-

T1, 24.526
T2, 37.156

Last edited:
EDK
[*]Weight - 630 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)

Do I understand correctly that a 10 kgr of ballast addition is obligated here? Because the car only ways in at 620 kgr standard. Or is this a typo because Kev got distracted looking at his Xmass-tree :)

It is a pleasure to use this car to drive, very nice sound 👍

Last edited:

This car is on rails. :sly:

Glad the car used now in wrs and next week in an online race.

To much cars are falling in a group with limitations like arcade,
DLC,to expensive (20million) or not in everyones garage(UCD)

First session done. Ran car on stock settings. Placed a towel under my pedals and that seems to have helped keep the gas closer to 100% than it would have without.

Also noticed that putting the right side wheels on the curb at the exit of the final corner triggered a lap invalidation for the current and consecutive lap. Wasn't one of my faster laps and I had already run wide at turn 1 to invalidate the lap.

T1: 24.695
T2: 36.924

Not sure what to expect from this week. It's been a while since I've competed and a while since I last used my wheel.

An oil change and some downforce certainly would have helped in my first stint.... :\

60 miles done, painted it up yellow with yellow wheels! It's an Alfa YellowBird! - starting to feel comfortable but that fast right hander that I've never done before as I'd not driven this track before I am unsure of gearing, it feels so slow to accelerate out of the corner if I stay in 4th but changing to 3rd feels like it slows up too much on entry.

Be interesting to try some setups 👍

W knew this car was gonna be used for this week. I tried car when I heard about it and gave it a try. Was really impressed with this (relative) slow light car. I’m happy with the track. Was anxious about the choice of track, cos I hate (most) the fantasy PD tracks. Like Sjaak says, it feels like riding on a rail. Once you start pushing abit, it gonna cost you. That GT turn is a pain in the … aswell. Once you start pushing you feel a tiny bit of understeer, especially in that GT turn. I prefer oversteer. Still a great combo.

Thanks guys.

Hope a lot of tunes will be posted, for the people who can’t tune. Will keep the competition close.

Just like week 48, this one all comes down to a good T3.

After first 30 minutes

Little off-topic question @ Kev: do you still remember which exact type of purple you used to repaint that car? Is that Dino Viola? It looks awesome 👍 . Purple is my favorite color too :)

It's Viola Dino, yes. 👍 I agree, it's one of the better purples. If you don't have Plum Crazy Metallic (Found on the '71 Charger Super Bee) I will send you one. A little different than the Plum Crazy found on the '70 Challenger, also a very nice color. The yellow for the wheels is also a Ferrari color, but I don't recall which one.

Do I understand correctly that a 10 kgr of ballast addition is obligated here? Because the car only ways in at 620 kgr standard. Or is this a typo because Kev got distracted looking at his Xmass-tree :)
Hmm, I took it right off the screen in the garage, let me have another look.

EDIT: Seems I must've mistyped it. :dopey: Thanks for pointing it out, fixed.

Last edited:
A spring in my brake pedal broke so it has no feel for small adjustments near zero and it sometimes stays at about 2-5% after I lift. Yuk.

Anyway, I'm going for it this week anyway. After 10 laps:

T1: 24.517
T2: 36.487

Stock tune and a bit erratic so I know I can do better when I get more time to devote.

A spring in my brake pedal broke so it has no feel for small adjustments near zero and it sometimes stays at about 2-5% after I lift. Yuk.

Anyway, I'm going for it this week anyway. After 10 laps:

T1: 24.517
T2: 36.487

Stock tune and a bit erratic so I know I can do better when I get more time to devote.

Pretty good for the first 10!

My standard pedals do a similar thing, but they ARE cheap and plasticky and nasty so I can't complain, I get jerky random 1/4 throttle which spikes for a split second to about half throttle when I lift - fortunately when actually applying pressure it still works...just about. All part of the challenge :D

I'm not impressed with the build quality of the T500.

I would have hoped a product that costs twice as much as the G27 and 4 times as much as my first wheel purchase (DFP) would be more reliable.

I hit up their customer service when my downshift paddle started acting up, and they asked me to make sure I had the latest firmware, blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes: Ultimately, I found a temporary fix that did not require service.

Good thing I waited, I finally got the Fan bug that everyone else is dealing with.

I think I'll get them to fix the issues, put it on Ebay, and order a CSR Elite.

Pretty good for the first 10!

My standard pedals do a similar thing, but they ARE cheap and plasticky and nasty so I can't complain, I get jerky random 1/4 throttle which spikes for a split second to about half throttle when I lift - fortunately when actually applying pressure it still works...just about. All part of the challenge :D

Same pedals, same situation. Just add to that the fact that my throttle pedal won't keep itself at 100% when I've got it floored.

First clean lap:
T1: 24.356
T2: 36.151

I don't like this penalty system.:ouch:

Same pedals, same situation. Just add to that the fact that my throttle pedal won't keep itself at 100% when I've got it floored.

Haha, that's awesome. Perhaps it's a design feature ;) In the coming months I'm going to fork out for the CSR Elite pedals, I think. Hopefully they'll work a little better :D

First clean lap:
T1: 24.356
T2: 36.151

w/ DS3!??!

What gift ticket for this car? my garage is about 15-20 cars so far haha :P

Thanks in advance :cheers:

Haha, that's awesome. Perhaps it's a design feature ;) In the coming months I'm going to fork out for the CSR Elite pedals, I think. Hopefully they'll work a little better :D

w/ DS3!??!
No, too addicted to the wheel even if it's frustating sometimes..:P

Cheers mate, although I have no idea what a '65 ticket is? I have seen the gift tickets 10, 15 etc... but never a 65 :confused:

edit:

Thank you Sjaak! Will save me a lot of bother mate, appreciated :cheers:

Cheers mate, although I have no idea what a '65 ticket is? I have seen the gift tickets 10, 15 etc... but never a 65 :confused:

edit:

Thank you Sjaak! Will save me a lot of bother mate, appreciated :cheers:

It's the Birthday ticket. If your birth year is 1965, you get a ticket for a car from 1965. You can make a dummy account with today as your birthday in 1965 and get one, then send it to yourself. Or just wait for Sjaak.

You will need to back up your save to a USB drive once you have the ticket and before you use it.

Then go into the game, and if you don't get the right car, back out of the game, reload your backup save, and go back in to see if you get the right car. Repeat process until you get what you are looking for.

Takes some time, but not as much time as gathering 10 Million credits. And you might just get lucky the first time.

EDK
It's the Birthday ticket. If your birth year is 1965, you get a ticket for a car from 1965. You can make a dummy account with today as your birthday in 1965 and get one, then send it to yourself. Or just wait for Sjaak.

You will need to back up your save to a USB drive once you have the ticket and before you use it.

Then go into the game, and if you don't get the right car, back out of the game, reload your backup save, and go back in to see if you get the right car. Repeat process until you get what you are looking for.

Takes some time, but not as much time as gathering 10 Million credits. And you might just get lucky the first time.

Thanks Kev, Sjaak just pm'ed me this exact solution also, should have remembered :dunce: Thanks for taking the time to explain guys 👍

Cheers :cheers:
Ron.

Back