24 minutes of le mans

I haven't tried the TS030 yet as I'm actually saving that last. I've done it with the other cars though (some with aids and some without depending on how they ran in real life).
Drop the aero to minimum downforce and you should be able to hit around 202 mph without a tow. To be honest, I don't understand when people say that this thing seems to run out of steam in 5th gear. When approaching the first chicaine down Mulsanne it's pretty clear to me that this thing can easily reach 205 mph with a perfect launch out of Tetre Rouge.

Won this event with the 787B. The only cars you have to worry is:

R8 Race Car '01
905B Evo II Bis LM
R8 LMP Team Oreca
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Sauber C9 Mercedes

As long as you're using Racing Mediums, you'll be fine.

Won the other day in my Sauber C9. Used Praiano's tune for it and smoked it.
Before this I'd tried the Speed 8, Deltawing and R18 and got smashed.
Haven't got the TS030 yet unfortunately.

The Bentley Speed 8 wasn't a problem, what I did to it is I first decrease the power then I made sure i'm using Racing Mediums to increase grip then by Laps 4-7, I used Racing Mediums for front tires while Racing Hards for rear tires. There I lowered tire wear for the rear tires.

I have done this in a multitude of cars, all of them stock. (I even detuned the Bentley, but that's later in this post) and with NO aids, even ABS off.

AUDI R18:
Stock as all others, and it's pretty challenging to win in this based off of it's pace. It's only got a modest 526 HP, and can be VERRRY twitchy on corner exit.

It has low straight line speed, so I relied on it's speed through the Porsche corners and other bends to keep up with the pack.

In the end, I was able to win due to only having to make 1 pitstop due to it's low-revving engine.

(Cool fact: in real life, the R18 only revs to 4,500 revs or so before the driver shifts. If you do this in Gran Turismo, it is actually FASTER. Most people take it right to the redline, wasting gas and time. By shifting at about 5K RPM, this car becomes so much faster.

PEUGEOT 908:

This one is also stock, of course. It is probably the easiest to win with. It will do about 207 on the straights with no draft, meaning that it will almost keep up with the fastest cars.

Through the bends, the extra 30 kilograms DO slow it down a bit, but it has such high downforce that it still is a monster.

I have to make 2 stops, as I can stretch it to 4 lap stints but I have to short shift and coast on the straights, which is slower than just making a second stop.

(This car is also like the R18 by the way; shifting at about 5K RPM is more realistic AND faster.)

This is probably one of the easier cars to win with.

BENTLEY SPEED 8:

This car I actually DETUNED to it's real-life power, the one displayed in the car dealership. When you actually buy the car, it comes with FAR more power than what is listed in the dealership and what it had in real life.

After detuning the engine by about 100 HP to have a realistic amount of HP, I took it to Le Mans. Everything besides the detuned engine was totally stock.

By far the easiest car to win with that I've used.

You can drive it right up to the redline with full power, and it flies down the straights. It doesn't have the most downforce, but it also doesn't weigh as much as the 908, meaning you can still fly through corners.

It isn't easy on fuel, but it's pace easily makes up for the fact that you have to make 2 stops.

Very very easy car to win with. Highly suggest this car if you're having trouble.

TOYOTA TS030:

The most fun I have at Le Mans.

Driving this car without ABS can be a challenge. I had to turn rear bias down to 1 to keep from locking up so much.

It's harder than you'd think to win with this car. It's hybrid system actually is limited due to the electricity being considered a fuel, and the fact that fuel usage is sped up in these endurance races.

Despite that, I still love this car at Le Mans.

I have won this race with the stock setup. However, I felt as though I was losing too much speed on the straights. So I usually race with minimum downforce at Le Mans with this car.

On the straights, I can reach the real life 205 MPH. It is so balanced through the corners, it's absolutely perfect. I fly through the Porsche curves and Ford chicane.

It definitely has the R18 beat as far as pace goes, it could very nearly match the 908 as well.

It also makes the race on just 1 stop, making for an EASY win.

I can lap sub-3:30.00 sec laps at Le Mans with this car, and I've even managed a 3:28 (I'm definitely no alien, this was done with a stock setup barring the low downforce)

May be a little bit harder to win with this car than the Speed 8, but the fact that you can make it with 1 stop makes it super easy.

If you're a good enough driver to win with this car, it's by far the most fun. The hybrid system kicking in is heavenly.

I will happily test any other cars that anybody on here would like to request, and say how easy it is and how it compares to other cars I use regularly. 👍

Reminder: ALL of the cars I listed above are capable of winning Le Mans STOCK and with NO AIDS. If you think you can't win with one of these cars, just keep trying. It definitely is possible!

With Audi R18. Pit on lap 3 in first place out on lap 4 in first place pit on lap 5 in first place out on lap 6 in second place passed Bentley Speed 8 on lap 6 and into first place. won over Bentley by 3:56.752 an the rest of the field one lap down to the Audi R18. You can see the race on YouTube under the Noel Negroni channel.

Last edited:
Just did my first attempt at this. Started with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. Seemed like it was way too slow (which seems completely ridiculous to me, but maybe the TS030 really is that much slower than Group C cars and GT1s), so I switched to my Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V.

I wasn't sure if I should leave the High RPM Turbos on it, but I did anyway. Ran RH tires the entire time.

Had to pit every other lap and lost by like 1:15 or something. :mad: (Spinning twice didn't help—I think it was in the Porsche curves in the dark where the suggested racing line completely neglected to warn me of an impending braking point for no apparent reason.)

Definitely irritated right now. I expected the TS030 to be competitive stock, but either it only wins by the pit stop strategy it allows or I just suck. And the 88C-V was just too fuel inefficient and too much of a handful.

Dunno when I'll attempt this again, but it's certainly not tonight. :(

Right now, though, as a time-accelerated version of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, this event feels like it's failing. I just don't think unmodded Le Mans prototypes like the TS030 should not feel slow here. (In fact, I'm tempted to say that modification shouldn't even be allowed in this event.) But, hell, races in GT6 always feel too artificial: no practice, no qualifying, terrible AI opponents, rubber banding, vague event regulations... :yuck:

/rant

Just did my first attempt at this. Started with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. Seemed like it was way too slow (which seems completely ridiculous to me, but maybe the TS030 really is that much slower than Group C cars and GT1s), so I switched to my Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V.

I wasn't sure if I should leave the High RPM Turbos on it, but I did anyway. Ran RH tires the entire time.

Had to pit every other lap and lost by like 1:15 or something. :mad: (Spinning twice didn't help—I think it was in the Porsche curves in the dark where the suggested racing line completely neglected to warn me of an impending braking point for no apparent reason.)

Definitely irritated right now. I expected the TS030 to be competitive stock, but either it only wins by the pit stop strategy it allows or I just suck. And the 88C-V was just too fuel inefficient and too much of a handful.

Right now, though, as a time-accelerated version of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, this event feels like it's failing. I just don't think unmodded Le Mans prototypes like the TS030 should not feel slow here. (In fact, I'm tempted to say that modification shouldn't even be allowed in this event.) But, hell, races in GT6 always feel too artificial: no practice, no qualifying, terrible AI opponents, rubber banding, vague event regulations... :yuck:

/rant
Use the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd race car you will pit every 3 lap.

/rant

Fun fact with the TS030: You will only need to pit once.

Use the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd race car you will pit every 3 lap.
Yeah, it sounds like there are a number of cars that can do the "3 laps to pit" thing. (I think someone in this thread mentioned the '99 Toyota GT-1, which I already have.) I'll just have to pick one of them and knuckle down to try it again. At some point.

I do wonder if the 88C-V could win it without the High RPM Turbo. Might still be too much of a gas guzzler.

I'd wanted to use the TS030, in part because I'd been rooting for the TS040 Hybrid at the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year. I figured, with GT6's perfect reliability, the TS030 would've been an easy win. (And maybe it would have if I would've ignored how badly I was getting trounced in the first two laps.)

My laptimes would also be better if I opted for using a controller instead of my old Logitech Driving Force (yes, the original one).

EDIT:

Fun fact with the TS030: You will only need to pit once.
Ah-ha. I was thinking that that might be the case—that the TS030 would make up in efficiency what it lacked in laptimes. (Though I am curious how the real car's laptimes at Le Mans compare to the cars it's getting destroyed by in GT6. Too bad the old qualifying results aren't available for older runnings of Le Mans. Though the track's changed repeatedly, so it's rather moot.)

I find the Toyota TS030-HYBRID '12 is an easy win. Pit at the end of L4 and run to the finish. Don't waste time fighting the Group C monsters. Let them past and instantly jump in their slipstreams. If you're having trouble with this car try RS tyres.

I find the Toyota TS030-HYBRID '12 is an easy win. Pit at the end of L4 and run to the finish. Don't waste time fighting the Group C monsters. Let them past and instantly jump in their slipstreams. If you're having trouble with this car try RS tyres.
I just tried this (with RS tires). And here were my results:

5zrZrJh.jpg

Note that I'm actually the second driver to cross the finish line. If I'd been about 23 seconds faster over the line, I believe I would've gotten another lap to attempt to pass the 12 cars in front of me (though unless that Jag ran out of gas, I don't know how I was going to pass him, since he passed me on his way out of the pits on the Mulsanne Straight).

:(

Maybe my Toyota GT-1 would work better than the TS030 and the 88C-V (with High RPM Turbos) did...?

5zrZrJh.jpg

Note that I'm actually the second driver to cross the finish line. If I'd been about 23 seconds faster over the line, I believe I would've gotten another lap to attempt to pass the 12 cars in front of me (though unless that Jag ran out of gas, I don't know how I was going to pass him, since he passed me on his way out of the pits on the Mulsanne Straight).

Maybe my Toyota GT-1 would work better than the TS030 and the 88C-V (with High RPM Turbos) did...?
Have you tried the Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd 2005 it is easy on the gas.

Timing is everything in this race and more important than what race car you use. If you cross the finish line just before time ends you will lap the entire field if you are in the lead just before the end of the time. The lap 7 you will run by yourself with no other race car for the win and you will lap the field.

Just won the event with the R18 with mid-rpm turbo. Used RS and pitted on the ends of laps 3 and 6. Had about a minute left when in the pits. Took a few attempts to get the gearing right.

5zrZrJh.jpg

I don't understand why people tune race car??? Why add turbo and boost power. It's car that is created with some rules in mind... so drive it with real spec... I won it with GT-0ne and it's fantastic car... I also win with McLaren F1 GTR Longtail and GTR 95... McLaren have 600 HP so yo don't need tuned 88C-v with 1200HP to win Le man's :P

Finally got the win with a stock power Peugeot 908 HDI after reading through this forum and seeing the recommendation to use RS tires all race. Was nip and tuck at the end but that was mainly due to a few spins and missed braking points during the night portion. Pitted end of Lap 3 and 6. Going to try with my R18, Deltawing and TS030 next!

I don't understand why people tune race car??? Why add turbo and boost power. It's car that is created with some rules in mind... so drive it with real spec... I won it with GT-0ne and it's fantastic car... I also win with McLaren F1 GTR Longtail and GTR 95... McLaren have 600 HP so yo don't need tuned 88C-v with 1200HP to win Le man's :P

Truth! Need no Tune or Aids.

That was my original intent, actually. When I saw how badly I was getting left behind in my TS030, I thought perhaps GT6 was expecting a tuned racecar for the event (hence the 750 PP cap, even though 700 is enough to accommodate every Le Mans prototype), rather than setting it up such that a stock Le Mans prototype could win the race. It's not as if GT6 events always make sense. The game could easily have required a Le Mans prototype that was unmodified if that's what Polyphony was expecting a player to use.

In retrospect, yes, it's clear from the responses to this thread that many people have had little trouble winning with stock Le Mans racecars.

Timing is everything in this race and more important than what race car you use. If you cross the finish line just before time ends you will lap the entire field if you are in the lead just before the end of the time. The lap 7 you will run by yourself with no other race car for the win and you will lap the field.
The problem, in this case, was that I wasn't in first at the end of Lap 6—the Jaguar XJR-9 passed me on the Mulsanne Straight on Lap 6 after it came out of the pits. So unless it was going to run out of gas and slow down during lap 7, I still might not have been able to pull off first place. Of course, to have gotten a 7th lap, I would've had to have been 22.5 seconds quicker to the finish line at the end of lap 6, which would have put me ahead of the Jag. (Though it might've been able to catch me on lap 7.)

Anyway, perhaps my real problem is my driving, not which car I'm using. I've been using a wheel for the first time (and not a very good one) and I know for a fact it's making me slower.

Last edited:
With Audi R18. Pit on lap 3 in first place out on lap 4 in first place pit on lap 5 in first place out on lap 6 in second place passed Bentley Speed 8 on lap 6 and into first place. won over Bentley by 3:56.752 and the rest of the field one lap down to the Audi R18. Audi R18 Fast Lap 3:41.147

Attempt #3, with the '99 Toyota GT-One:

FAaw3d7.jpg

Used my DS3 instead of my wheel and RH tires (probably should've used RS, but I didn't have them for this car and, um, ran out of money; plus, I figured the RS might have tire wear issues on the GT-One, anyway). Pit at the end of lap 3 and 6 (of 7 total). Had a nice crash that cost me a bunch of time and spun out two other times, undoubtedly not helping the situation.

Best lap was a 3:47.589.

Just gonna keep beating my head against this wall. Maybe eventually I'll learn how to drive prototypes at the Circuit de la Sarthe without sucking. :)

Last edited:

FAaw3d7.jpg

Used my DS3 instead of my wheel and RH tires (probably should've used RS, but I didn't have them for this car and, um, ran out of money; plus, I figured the RS might have tire wear issues on the GT-One, anyway). Pit at the end of lap 3 and 6 (of 7 total). Had a nice crash that cost me a bunch of time and spun out two other times, undoubtedly not helping the situation.

Just gonna keep beating my head against this wall. Maybe eventually I'll learn how to drive prototypes at the Circuit de la Sarthe without sucking. :)
It takes time and practice and a crap ton of motivation if you're not the best driver, but when you take Tet, indy, porsche, and ford flawless, you'll enjoy it very much so.

FAaw3d7.jpg

You are getting there and try to stay on the track. 👍

5zrZrJh.jpg

My result with GT-one, complete stock, RS tires

Attachments

• 011020141607.jpg
    011020141607.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 7
Back