24 minutes of le mans

Might give the Deltawing a go then...

Someone mentioned doing this in a Red Bull Junior car-how possible is that? It's awesome in corners but it would get murdered on the straights.

Might give the Deltawing a go then...

Someone mentioned doing this in a Red Bull Junior car-how possible is that? It's awesome in corners but it would get murdered on the straights.

Deltawing isnt great of straights either though. It will do like 203 but the hybrid ai will easily do 230 without a draft. (around 213 with draft)

If you be carfull about the gas then you can do 0 pits, but if you just nail it your run out of gas "right" after the long straight. So your have to pit for gas if your not carefull with gas. (either way its still winnable though)

Thanks. With a decent tune this car is super controllable and its pretty fast. I seen some things people said on here and thought it would be a hard car to drive but i have less problems with tail breaking and spinning out on this than i do on my other lmps/group c's.

Not a problem with the back end going off track either, i don't know about other views but if you drive cockpit then its really easy to know were your car is at and going to go.

But i was woundering, Is it the deltawing, or the race, that has reduced draft. I couldnt get as good of a draft as i do in arcade with my other lmps.
Did the draft work for you with this car and how much or was it just not a factor??

Before 1.05 update there was a glitch when entering any race all the opponent cars was a RB Jr.

I used Bentley Speed 8 with no changes, just used Racing Medium tyres both stints because they behave way better than the Racing Hards, and last more or less the same...The pit glitch is the problem, if not with Racing Hard could do too.

I did this way too long ago (3 weeks after release more or less)...not sure if it "works", but it worked for me.

Did the draft work for you with this car and how much or was it just not a factor??

Ill have to test with other cars but a draft didn't like slingshot me foward flying past everyone else like every other car i drive. It worked, but just not as well. Whether or not its the car or the race i don't know.

This event was the most difficult for me. I used the Toyota GT One with a mid rpm turbo and racing hards. Pit after laps 3 & 6. Only take 38 gallons on last stop. Didn't make any driving errors and had a 15 second lead at finish. It only took about 10 starts!

Before 1.05 update there was a glitch when entering any race all the opponent cars was a RB Jr.

Righto.

I went ahead and entered the RB Jnr in the race. By the end of Mulsanne straight on the first lap I was totally confused as to how I could come back from dead last and a good forty seconds back but your answer explains it :)

Just brought a Sauber C9

Hmmm this should fun in the wet

Righto.

I went ahead and entered the RB Jnr in the race. By the end of Mulsanne straight on the first lap I was totally confused as to how I could come back from dead last and a good forty seconds back but your answer explains it :)

Just brought a Sauber C9

Hmmm this should fun in the wet
Go with Racing soft and push hard in the rain!!

Just beaten it with the Mazda 787 Stealth model with the mid RPM turbo. Started on intermediates, pitted on the end of the second lap to fill the tank and fitted intermediates again. Next stop was on the end of lap 4, when I filled the tank again and fitted hard tires. I came out in fifth after the second pit stop and managed to climb to third, 16 seconds behind the two lead cars. They pitted on the last lap, handing me the first position. Finished the race with a 14 second gap to the next car (pretty sure it was a Pescarolo).

I'm not that good ;)
With a little practice you will do great. As a racing instructor I tell all my students to go slow to go fast and it will work for you in the rain with racing soft because all the other race cars will slowdown in the rain and that is where you will make up the most time. The best to you!!

I use two different cars for this event - Audi R18 TDI '11, my favourite car in GT6, and the Bentley Speed 8 '03.

I use both cars with stock settings and racing soft tyres. With the Audi R18 TDI '11 I pit at the end of L4 and go to the finish, while with the Bentley Speed 8 '03 I pit at the end of L3 and L6.

The Audi is more challenging but relatively straightforward if you make no errors bar running wide a couple of times. The Bentley is much easier but as a result it is not as enjoyable. I love hustling my R18 TDI through Porsche Curves.

Last edited:
I use two different cars for this event - Audi R18 TDI '11, my favourite car in GT6, and the Bentley Speed 8 '03.

I use both cars with stock settings and racing soft tyres. With the Audi R18 TDI '11 I pit at the end of L4 and go to the finish, while with the Bentley Speed 8 '03 I pit at the end of L3 and L6.

The Audi is more challenging but straightforward if you make no errors bar running wide a couple of times. The Bentley is much easier but as a result it is not as enjoyable. I love hustling my R18 TDI through Porsche Curves.
The R18TDI is as you said, "my favorite and challenging" for sure.

Am I the only one that has done this race without any engine tuning? I just sorta got the cars and run them as is and just went flat out every lap.

No engine upgrades available for the TS030.

I ran it totally default last night. Most laps in the 3:50's, best was a 3:49 when the Audi drug me through the straights. Some guys have posted they hit 3:30's, so.....

Am I the only one that has done this race without any engine tuning? I just sorta got the cars and run them as is and just went flat out every lap.

Won with the 908 on RHs, TCS 5 though. Stock, just dropped the aero a bit.

What kind of speeds are you guys hitting in the TS030? It seems to run out of steam in 5th gear, struggling to hit 300 km/h. Seems a bit strange to me.

I haven't tried the TS030 yet as I'm actually saving that last. I've done it with the other cars though (some with aids and some without depending on how they ran in real life).

What kind of speeds are you guys hitting in the TS030? It seems to run out of steam in 5th gear, struggling to hit 300 km/h. Seems a bit strange to me.

Move downforce to minimum settings and give it a try.

It's not the Le Mans version of the car. It's the high downforce car. Naturally it will struggle with top speed.

It also has pretty tall default gearing, I would suggest dropping that down a bit.

Back