F12 Berlinetta - arrived 29 Feb 2012

Its going to be the new 599. Seems like they send the Enzos engine finally into retirement.

Somehow I doubt this car is going to be more powerful then the F2005 which had roughly 900-1000hp.

The F70 isn't supposed to come out until 2015 or something like that, so that'll have to wait.

All I can say is if this car is as beautiful and awesome as the 458....then February 29th should be made into a new holiday...."Ferrari Day"

Seeing all these F70 references reminds me of back when the Enzo came out and people were complaining that it wasn't called the F60.

Cheap trailer.

The shape reminds me of the 599 or something similar, so I am sure it will be successor. Always thought the 599 is extremely ugly, so I am curious to see if this will look better.

F620 GT is what the 599 successor is meant to be right?

On the F70 subject it's rumored to get 120hp thru KERS and 800hp from the V12.

It actually isn't. Lambo have gone down the handling and lightness route with the Aventador.

Still has 700hp, making it the most powerful Lambo built under Audi ownership atleast.

Don't get me wrong, I love power as much as the next person, but I reckon it's a shame that the marketing guys overrule the engineers and designers when it comes down to it. I mean really, how much more than say 450BHP can you use and enjoy on public roads? If you keep the weight to a reasonable level, have decent chassis and suspension setup, much more than that and it just becomes a pissing contest. And if you can use it, how much further away are you from the limits of the car? I mean, would you ever really be able to wring the neck of something that fast? I reckon as horsepower and outright grip levels go up, the level of driver enjoyment and involvement has gotta go down.

Seeing all these F70 references reminds me of back when the Enzo came out and people were complaining that it wasn't called the F60.
Because the Enzo wasn't; it wasn't anywhere close to Ferrari's 60th Anniversary.

And chances are the F70 won't be released in 2015 either unless it plans to follow the F50's route (1995-1997), which was released 2 years prior to the anniversary because it had finished development by then after starting in 1990.

How about, instead of ridiculous amounts of power, being fun to drive, small, and light? What about a car just a bit bigger than an S200 with a 3.5-4.0 litre twin turbo V-12 and around 500 bhp? Make it light, too.

peter_vod69
Don't get me wrong, I love power as much as the next person, but I reckon it's a shame that the marketing guys overrule the engineers and designers when it comes down to it. I mean really, how much more than say 450BHP can you use and enjoy on public roads? If you keep the weight to a reasonable level, have decent chassis and suspension setup, much more than that and it just becomes a pissing contest. And if you can use it, how much further away are you from the limits of the car? I mean, would you ever really be able to wring the neck of something that fast? I reckon as horsepower and outright grip levels go up, the level of driver enjoyment and involvement has gotta go down.

PPPPPPOOOOOOOWWWWEEEEERRRRRR SSSSSSSPPPPPPEEEEEEEDDDDDD.

Now that my Clarkson reference is over, I'll be serious. The fact is that they want to appeal to everyone. When you market the car and focus on KERS, magnetic suspension, and all that high tech stuff, most people will be scratching their heads in confusion as to what the hell it was they just read/heard. When you come out and say "IT HAS 700HP AND IT'LL TEAR YOUR LIMBS OFF", people pay attention. And you can enjoy much more than 450hp on public roads as long ass you have the balls to do so and the money to pay the tickets. My father and I hit around 160mph in his 996 Turbo S on a completely empty stretch of highway once but we enjoyed it's power without having to drive at ludacris speeds very often. The fact that a car can break 200mph is just a number to get people excited. If anything, the biggest thing people look at nowadays is 0-60 times ever since the GTR starting becoming the posterboy for launch conrol.

Last edited:
The biggest news is that they've ditched the Manettino in favor of a voice-control system. The factory tailors the computer to each individual customer.

Felipe: "Select 'Race Mode' please."
Car: "Selecting 'Race Mode'. Can you confirm that message?"

CptFe.jpg

PPPPPPOOOOOOOWWWWEEEEERRRRRR SSSSSSSPPPPPPEEEEEEEDDDDDD.

Now that my Clarkson reference is over, I'll be serious. The fact is that they want to appeal to everyone. When you market the car and focus on KERS, magnetic suspension, and all that high tech stuff, most people will be scratching their heads in confusion as to what the hell it was they just read/heard. When you come out and say "IT HAS 700HP AND IT'LL TEAR YOUR LIMBS OFF", people pay attention. And you can enjoy much more than 450hp on public roads as long ass you have the balls to do so and the money to pay the tickets. My father and I hit around 160mph in his 996 Turbo S on a completely empty stretch of highway once but we enjoyed it's power without having to drive at ludacris speeds very often. The fact that a car can break 200mph is just a number to get people excited. If anything, the biggest thing people look at nowadays is 0-60 times ever since the GTR starting becoming the posterboy for launch conrol.

ludacris-what-them-girls-like-bet-edit-closed-captioned-single.jpg

:D Couldn't resist.

Yeah, see accelerating to a fairly high speed is one thing, but I mean having a complete driver's car where you can actually use all the power on a regular basis, and from corner to corner. In my car, with it's relatively small amount of power, I can have a bit of a play on the street without too much risk. In something with 6-700hp, I bet the intimidation factor would be too high to really get stuck in and have a go.

That said, if anyone wants to lend me a Zonda F Clubsport for a weekend, I'd be happy to discover I was wrong... :D

How about, instead of ridiculous amounts of power, being fun to drive, small, and light? What about a car just a bit bigger than an S200 with a 3.5-4.0 litre twin turbo V-12 and around 500 bhp? Make it light, too.

Would this not be an Alfa Romeo 4C, maybe 6C?
If you have different brands in a group, why not keep each in its own market?

Huh...well, the F70 was supposed to come out this month, but it looks like the 599 replace is coming out, instead. But that should just mean the F70 is close behind.

Latest Posts

Back