• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,105 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
Following on from the 50 Best Liveries Of All Time/Here Are Liveries I Like thread, what liveries don't you like?

There are many more liveries that I do like compared to liveries that I don't like, but I'll get the ball rolling.

I sort of do like the 1992 (and final) Brabham, but I concede it's not the best and doesn't really work.

5014213704_52d3442ac6.jpg

Team Vodafone's 2012 livery is pretty horrible:

504633-clipsal-500.jpg

Mostly because it's a politically-motivated design. The over-use of red coincides with Holden directing more and more money towards the team; it's a clear statement that Triple Eight is "theirs". It couldn't be any less subtle if it showed a picture of Simon McNamara - Holden's motorsport director - lifting his leg against the car to mark his territory.

Far too many colours and messy patterns:

MG-BTCC_2119510b.jpg

Red completely ruins it:

lotus-renault-r31-6w.jpg

Ugly car, ugly livery..again could probably do without the red:

renault_r29_2009f1carlaunch-470x313.jpg

Toyota's F1 liveries were all very lazy (their test car had a great livery though):

toyota_TF105_manu-05_017.jpg

lotus-renault-r31-6w.jpg

Ugly car, ugly livery..again could probably do without the red:

I personally think this was one of the best liveries from 2011. I think the red makes it better.

I also thought this was a good looking livery as well. (Maybe the sponsor took away from it a bit, but the colors flow well together in my opinion)

Now, here are some ugly liveries:

Lotus-HVM-Racing-2012-78-Nuclear-Clean-Air-Energy-Lotus-powered-DW12-IndyCar.jpg

470-audi7-httt-mtc.jpg

sauber2003.jpg

Tom
Very nice Mazda. :lol:

I raise you, Mastercard Lola.

vincenzosospiri.jpg

I like that Lola.

This on the other hand...

Lotus_99.jpg

The early colour of the Jordan 196 makes the car look... unwell.

5017500504_3109191954.jpg

The 192 wasn't the best, neither. Ruined by Barclay.

192_1.jpg

The last of the Janspeed Nissans. Just... no.

1994%20BTCC%20Brands%20Hatch%20Nissan%20Primera%20Eric%20vaan%20de%20Poele.jpg

Rubbish! The PS01 was a great looking car.

As was the Minardi M02, before anyone posts that. When I think ugly Minardi, out of the later designs, I'm drawn to the Minardi M197.

Minardi_Hart_M197_Jarno_Trulli_Canada_1997.jpg

I don't think one-offs really belong in this discussion, as NASCAR is wont to do for so-called special occasions.

Bopop4
tumblr_l3nldb3Hvl1qap6d2o1_500.jpg

It burns.

Thou shalt not curse the Pink Pig. Complete with cuts of swine, it's one of my favorites.

The Minardi M197 was quite a compromise.

Furinkazen
Paul Menard wants a word with you:

One more does not equal common. Usually, it's because the fluorescent colors drawn out other sponsor colors on TV. Although, it seems his is tastefully done, as there's little other colors mashed into the paint scheme.

Same with silver painted backgrounds, it seems only McLaren has found a consistent winning formula for that.

Last edited:
Back