24hr nurburgring

• Thread starter us3rX
  • 51 comments
Just Started my 24 hour race, driving the Jaguar XJR - 9 Race Car '88(50% game car), b-spec'ing worked up a a 2 lead, only thing is after a lap and a half the tires are orange so i have to pit... using super hard racing tires rear, hard tires front... is this normal? also is there a way to make it go back to x3 after it pits?

us3rX

I did the Nurb 24h (all in A-Spec!) with the Minolta Toyota Race Car - and medium tires. I had to pit every single lap, as the tires were pretty orange near the end of the long straight.
I obviously used the wrong settings for this race and car.

If you're using hard and super hard tires, you shouldn't have to pit this often. Increasing the space above the wheels helps tire wear, but other than that I've got no idea how you should adjust your settings to decrease tire wear.

Good luck, this is a fun race :D

i used my nissan fairlady z, with racing medium tyres and had to pit every 2 laps. you could get away with 3 but it was all over the place towards the end of the 3rd lap...

us3rX
Just Started my 24 hour race, driving the Jaguar XJR - 9 Race Car '88(50% game car), b-spec'ing worked up a a 2 lead, only thing is after a lap and a half the tires are orange so i have to pit... using super hard racing tires rear, hard tires front... is this normal? also is there a way to make it go back to x3 after it pits?

us3rX

Hey us3xr

i just did the 24 nur-ring yesterday (& I used the 88' XJR as well)
I used 'superhard on the rear' & 'hard on the front' & I got 4 laps out of it before a pit (the 4th lap is a little slippery), I also set the B-Spec for 'slow- overtake' to stretch the running time a bit...

Cheers GBG

Berrern
I did the Nurb 24h (all in A-Spec!) with the Minolta Toyota Race Car - and medium tires. I had to pit every single lap, as the tires were pretty orange near the end of the long straight.

If you're using hard and super hard tires, you shouldn't have to pit this often. Increasing the space above the wheels helps tire wear, but other than that I've got no idea how you should adjust your settings to decrease tire wear.

well I used my R8 and I had super hard on the rear and hard on the front. once I got in a good lead I switch to b-spec and go on cruise and I get about 5 laps on tires and fuel

at the moment i am running Steady with overtake(if overtake is off, it just "bumps" the other cars untill they either move or get knocked off track lol)

ill try the cruise since i am up a good bit. thanks for the input

us3rX

yeah no problem than it will be 5 laps instead of 4 and should be commin in for fuel anyways at 5 laps per pit

Used a carbon GT-One for the 'ring 24 moastly in a-spec until the early hours of the morning.
Pit every 3-4 laps with super hard backs and hard fronts. 203 laps and won a blue and white F1 car

Currently only getting about 3-4 laps on the tires still, almost 20hrs into it, 174 laps, 17 lap lead running, about 6m19s with pit about 6 even without, stupid computer misses the pit enterance sometimes >.> is this a normal bug?

us3rX

us3rX
Currently only getting about 3-4 laps on the tires still, almost 20hrs into it, 174 laps, 17 lap lead running, about 6m19s with pit about 6 even without, stupid computer misses the pit enterance sometimes >.> is this a normal bug?

us3rX
You'd better beleave it. Just ask SRV2LOW4ME who was watching my race on the webcam and saw the B-Spec miss the pits 3 tmes in a row with red tyers.
In the end we put him on speed 1 and then he pitted in

superhodge
You'd better beleave it. Just ask SRV2LOW4ME who was watching my race on the webcam and saw the B-Spec miss the pits 3 tmes in a row with red tyers.
In the end we put him on speed 1 and then he pitted in

lol, i put mine on speed 1 and it gave up i guess and did a lap on red tires, i had a big lead so it didnt really matter to much. Hopefully they fix this bug in the next one :P

update: 22:42:30 Lap 202 20 lap lead

us3rX

I already make it 9 times..... to win all F1's difrent colors

See threat: Color Car Collection

Just at the 1st time i use the Audi R8 (Red)..... mine already have 20000km, and the other times i use the 1st F1 i win.....because they dont have consume of HP.....and dont become weak....i think this F1 (white/blue) already have 30000km

Yeah damn john deer, thanks super and TJ

Unium, i plan on getting them all, but planing on doing these other 2 24 hr races first >.<
btw Nice collection Unium

us3rX

us3rX
Yeah damn john deer, thanks super and TJ

Unium, i plan on getting them all, but planing on doing these other 2 24 hr races first >.<
btw Nice collection Unium

us3rX

the other 2 ones are better if u use a R8 or a Mintolia with super hard rear and hard fronts and should get about 5 laps b4 u have to pit

Berrern

Jesus, how did you manage to play constantly for 24 hours?

El Gigante
Jesus, how did you manage to play constantly for 24 hours?

Lol, I'm not THAT crazy! :P
All in all this race took almost 2 weeks (12 days iirc). Longest session was about 8 hours, in which me & two friends drove 2 laps each, over and over.

It gets a bit boring once you've got a good lead, but trying to beat eachothers lap/checkpoint times makes it all so exciting again :)

I don't really get the whole B-spec thing, imo there's not much point in buying a racing game and not drive yourself. But that's just me - we've all got our own preference!

superhodge
get some buddys around and take turns, thats what I did. oh and a webcam so you can show strangers from this forum see you do it :sly:

Hehehe, this sounds like a good idea, I'll hook up my webcam for my next 24-h Race; Sarthe. I hope to do this race in one sitting - with the help of a few friends and a crate of beer :D

superhodge
get some buddys around and take turns, thats what I did. oh and a webcam so you can show strangers from this forum see you do it :sly:
I wouldn't be game enough to do that ... I'd probably forget it was on after a while and you'd start to see all manner of weird expressions cross my face ...

I just did the 'ring 24 hour, in the R92. Blew the competition out of the water. 140 laps and a lead of 26. I just cant stay up playing PS2 for 24 Hours straight. I guess beer would help. A question. Is the F1 Car any good against the endurance racers? Would it win Sarthe?

Supercar_Killer
I just cant stay up playing PS2 for 24 Hours straight. I guess beer would help. A question. Is the F1 Car any good against the endurance racers? Would it win Sarthe?
Beer definitely helps! 👍

Not sure about the Endurance races, but I used it in a race yesterday in Extreme Hall (Real Circuit Tours), and I blew the competition away and won with 30+ secs - and that was only 2 or 3 laps. The competition consisted of the best race cars, i.e. Audi R8, both Nissan CP's, the Minolta etc.
So yes, I definitely think you can with Sarthe with this car, even though its not as fast on the straight as the other cars.

us3rX
lol, i put mine on speed 1 and it gave up i guess and did a lap on red tires, i had a big lead so it didnt really matter to much. Hopefully they fix this bug in the next one :P

update: 22:42:30 Lap 202 20 lap lead

us3rX

I really wouldn't call it a "bug" per se, sometimes the b-spec driver would slide right past the pit entrance if on red tires. It took me a while to get my NSX LM dialed in with the proper tires/speed setting to get him to pit after 4 laps and no more.

well. since u all seem to like to use wikit fast cars.. ill just say i used my a4 DTM. i kicked that falkens head in :) i had to pit every 5 laps on r1's. it wuz sooo easy :crazy:

ok i dun care what ppl use..but dun u think usin a minolta or ne LMP type car a lil overkill?..bring a stock C5R for a lil challenge n if u wanna win.. or a jgtc car

Back