24Hr Nurburgring!~!~!

• Thread starter BayConRong
  • 22 comments
United States
Seattle
BayConRong
My Brother an i have just started 24 hour nurburgring and will give hourly, hlf hourly if possible, updates on our racing.

Ford GT LM race car spec. II
Nissan Falken GTR race car
Amg Mercedes 190 E Evolution Touring Car
Opel Calibra Touring Car
Toyota Superautobacs Apex race car
Nissan c west Razo Silvia

We have the heaviest race car here so we have to pit approx. 5 times in 10 laps whereas the opponents range from about 4-8 laps the mercedes being the next heaviest. only 8 minutes into the race we are already 1 minute ahead of the rest of them.

OK. i am first. i am winning. w00t. my ford is handling oddly. eh, well. the positions have not changed. and we were being morons and used racing meds instead of hard. w00t.

according to my brother the thing handles like a cheese ball which i would say sums up the handling. it accelerates nicely and turns well but it fails at braking and we had to learn fast that you need to brake earlier than expected.

Right now there is about half an hour left and we are 13 laps ahead of the closest person and the last person is Nissan silvia still and it is 17 laps behind.

Right now there is about half an hour left and we are 13 laps ahead of the closest person and the last person is Nissan silvia still and it is 17 laps behind.

Dude no offense, but that's not a real competition. 13 laps ahead?? :ill: You can do better.

Agreed.

Your car is lightyears faster than the competition. What you are doing is like taking the Sauber Mercedes into the Touring car championships.

Do the race again in the Loctite NSX and then we will have a race!

Agreed.

Do the race again in the Loctite NSX and then we will have a race!

fine we'll see what happens, stock i presume?

and we brought in the GT because we didn't know what kind of cars we would be up against. i had thought that a jaguar woud have been my main competitor.

Personally I used Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85 which was a tremendously entertaining handful for 24 full hours of A-Spec driving, and won by just under 1 lap, for 138 A-spec points.
Some people have used a stock S2000LM Race Car or Altezza Touring Car for a 200 point maximum race, but have rolled away easy winners.
I have an idea for 200pt race here, although I'm not willing to share it until I've tried..... :grumpy:
If you're wondering about your AI competitors for any of the 16 endurance races, please take a close look at the stickied threads at the top of the Race Reports Forum.
I spent an enormous amount of time compiling a list and pitstop times for every possible entrant in the GT4 endurance hall. It's well worth a look.

I'm up against an
Audi A4 Touring Car
AMG Mercedes 190 E Evolved Touring Car
Silvia C-West RAZO (JGTC)
Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza (JGTC)
Spooner S2000

currently i'm chasing the AMG to catch up after i crashed on the 20th turn

Racing Exhaust
superhard racing tires
transmision is fully customized with 16 on the auto thing
all the blue is fully tuned
it has about 324hp i don't know the exact
it's red
it turns like a whale
suspension is 6 in the bound and rebound in the front an 8 in the back
and the stableizers are 4 in front and 6 in back.
and i'm running A-spec until i forget how bad Bob drives.

Meh, i'm screwed not only am i loosing ground to the AMG but the C-West is catching up... man i am a bad driver.... i'm going to just let bob finish the race while i ponder what car i should use next... i'm still thinking about the hemi cuda i am able to stay on the track the whole time at least...

I have decided to use a weddsport celica, because i was impatient to watch bob after he ran off track for the 8th time and wasn't even half way around the track.

So here are the stats.

311hp
racing exhaust
no turbo
super hards
NOS
un-tuned racing suspension
FR
it's all stock on how you buy the car so it is the same as any other Weddsport.

Great... the tentitive lineup ,i didn't pay attention only to make sure the 2d wasn't in the race and that the audi A4 was.

Toyota Wedsport Celica (JGTC) '03
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00
RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 (JGTC) '04
Toyota Wedsport Celica (JGTC) '03

Note: there are two Celicas this means that not only is the a competition of a Celica but my car is a celica and since mine is totally stock with the worst tires possible i would expect to lose but no! i passed the rx-7 with ease and managed to catch up the the trio of the Audi, Alfa and MR-S. as we went around the first U turn the MR-S was in the lead(2nd place) and the Alfa was behind it leaving the audi tailing the two. the alfa magically forgot to brake and flew off the track to combat the RX-7 while i tried to pass the audi and MR-S. I passed the audi and rammed myself in between the audi and the MR-S waiting to get the chance to pass the MR-S. i finally did after the 3rd turn after the Alfa took a nosedive. that only left the Celica which should be tuned exactly like mine so i did the best i could on the turns in hope of catching up but it turned out that even if i had run off the track and my car had blown up i would still have been able to compete since which ever ding-dong was driving the celica refused to actually take any speed around corners despite the fact that he was driving a celica so i passed them and now the audi is trying to catch up. it is faster than me on the strait aways but i can pass it when it tries to turn so my only hope is to ace the turns the Toyota way.

fine we'll see what happens, stock i presume?

and we brought in the GT because we didn't know what kind of cars we would be up against. i had thought that a jaguar woud have been my main competitor.

You know for any race in GT4, you can hit the "preview" button instead of "enter" as the video comes up, it shows you the last place car...along with its power and which tires it is using. Previewing 5 or 6 more times takes jsut a few minutes and gives you an idea of the competition you'll face. It saves lots of guesswork, basically.

:lol:

Back