24hrs Nurburgring cars

• Thread starter Disavowed
  • 93 comments
Just curious to know what cars you've been using and the results. Here are mine:

Mazda 787B - used same setup as Le Mans but Bob just wasn't happy. Changed tires from soft/soft to soft/medium and suddenly he was doing 8:18 laps in cruise mode! Easy win unless it rains.

Peugeot 908 - used same setup as Le Mans with slightly softer springs. Stayed in first from start to end.

All cars had high rpm turbo and soft racing tires.

Noticed that Bob really slows down a lot when it rains. Anyone have this problem too or is it my setup that sucks in the rain?

Bob is currently running this race in a Mazda Furai. Two hours into the race and he's almost a lap ahead of 2nd place car, a Audi R8 race car Audi Team Playstation '04 (or was it '05?).

doing this in 10 minutes, deciding weather to use a fully tuned gt-r v spec 09 or the 908, just want a easy win to be honest and not to baby sit him

Just out of curiosity are the AI opponents actual Le Mans race cars or those silly little 600bhp tuned cars you find on the 4 hr Nurburgring race?

Just out of curiosity are the AI opponents actual Le Mans race cars or those silly little 600bhp tuned cars you find on the 4 hr Nurburgring race?

About 1/3 to 1/2 the field are LMP cars.

Update on the Furai... 6 hours into the race. Bob is 1 lap ahead and it is now night time. The Furai looks like a Christmas tree! :crazy: No real headlights so Bob is using his night vision goggles... LoL!

I used the FGT for this. I watched some of the nighttime laps - very funny with no headlights. Obviously a bad choice for an A spec run.

im racing it now im at 4h 40 min and im 2 in 1 is the audi and he is +3 min ahead of me its raining now i use the tune of rkm on the 908 . any tips ?

The RKM tune for the 908 is really nice but I still made a few small changes to try and conserve the rear tires. This usually involves increasing understeer. As for the rain, well, I haven't found a solution for that yet. It seems no matter how I setup the car, Bob will be slower than the AI cars when it's raining. The problem with the 908 is it's massive torque. It's already a handful on a dry track so in the rain the problem just get magnified...

It depends on what cars are on the field but I would recommend getting Bob into the lead first and establishing a nice buffer before going to bed...

Update on the Furai:
12 hours into the race and it's 2 laps ahead of the 2nd place car. The Furai doesn't do very well on the fast bits but it just blitzes past the other cars on the twisty parts. As a bonus, it'll run 2 laps more than the other cars before having to pit!

Oke m8 im now in the 12h im 1e place number 2 is 4.14 min behind me its dry now but im still baby sit my bobs and i gonna go to bed in about 1 hour so i hope when i wake up tomorrow im still 1e . btw thanks for the tip

paul26982
just want a easy win to be honest and not to baby sit him

X2010 then. At night, in the rain, 7 hours in and I'm already 50 laps or so ahead of the competition (Le Mans 24 hour). Not realistic, I know. However I don't have the free time to babysit Bob for 24 hours straight.

X2010 then. At night, in the rain, 7 hours in and I'm already 50 laps or so ahead of the competition (Le Mans 24 hour). Not realistic, I know. However I don't have the free time to babysit Bob for 24 hours straight.

That's what I figured. Don't want to risk not winning 24 hours races either, so I used the X2010 for both 24h races. Can't remember how many laps I was ahead, but it was heaps. I think 150+ in Le Mans. Though I've got to say, if any driver would do what Bob does in the X2010, particularly on the Nuerburgring, they'd be instantly black flagged. He shot quite a few cars into the wall, and one of the Ford GTs he send somersaulting through the air. It's a Red Bull alright.

doctorrg
He shot quite a few cars into the wall, and one of the Ford GTs he send somersaulting through the air.

The computer can consider it payback for all of the times the AI sent me flying out of control - sometimes airborne- in the A-Spec NASCAR race!

Im doing the le mans in the x2010, its the best car to use on any event its pretty much unbeatable. Im 13hrs in at 264 laps, 72 laps ahead of competition (r8) on racing hards.

Yeah, the X2010 is pretty much unbeatable. I can imagine Bob thinking "Let it be the X2010 please!" then I open the garage door and sees the Furai... "What? You want me to beat the LMP cars in this?!" :P

Furai update:
22 hours 30 minutes into the race. Bob is still in 1st place 2 and a half laps ahead of the 2nd place car. The Furai isn't shiny anymore.

I just hit lvl 40 Sunday morning and decided to do the 24hr Nurburgring. I broke my piggybank and bought a brand new Peugeot 908 (both looked equal to me so I bought the blue one.)
I did a few test laps to see how it did, made a couple of tweaks and then started the 24hr Nurburgring about 11am yesterday. by about 8 laps I had already lapped about 1/2 the field, but the only way I could even lap the R8 car was to constantly push the Bob's around the track. after about 4 hours I had the 908 a lap + 3mins or so on the R8. I left about 5:30pm to go bowling and when I got back about 5 hours later, that lap +3mins had evaporated and was down to about 57sec lead on the R8.

I spent about two hours babysitting Bob and got the lead back up to about 3mins and then went to bed but not having a lot of hope. got up this morning about 630am, 17 hours into the race, my 908 is still in 1st with only about a 1min lead on the R8. I had to leave for work so I couldnt babysit so I got my fingers crossed I'll come home and have a 1st place finish but I doubt it

I just hit lvl 40 Sunday morning and decided to do the 24hr Nurburgring. I broke my piggybank and bought a brand new Peugeot 908 (both looked equal to me so I bought the blue one.)
I did a few test laps to see how it did, made a couple of tweaks and then started the 24hr Nurburgring about 11am yesterday. by about 8 laps I had already lapped about 1/2 the field, but the only way I could even lap the R8 car was to constantly push the Bob's around the track. after about 4 hours I had the 908 a lap + 3mins or so on the R8. I left about 5:30pm to go bowling and when I got back about 5 hours later, that lap +3mins had evaporated and was down to about 57sec lead on the R8.

I spent about two hours babysitting Bob and got the lead back up to about 3mins and then went to bed but not having a lot of hope. got up this morning about 630am, 17 hours into the race, my 908 is still in 1st with only about a 1min lead on the R8. I had to leave for work so I couldnt babysit so I got my fingers crossed I'll come home and have a 1st place finish but I doubt it

If you have installed the high rpm turbo, Bob should be able to stay ahead of the R8. You'll need to set the rear camber and toe to 0.0 and setup the car for a little understeer. This should bring tire wear down to the same level as the R8. Also, if you have high level Bobs, set your pit strategy to 30% and then when you have time to baby sit them, set your pit strategy to OFF and guide a single Bob through 2 or 3 pit stops to let the other Bobs regain their strength. When it rains though... well, you'll need to do a lot of baby sitting...

well I bought the Stage 3 turbo and I think I set the rear camber and toe to 0 but dont recall right now. Most of my Bobs are lvl 39 to 37, I considered setting the pit strategy to about 40-50% but decided not too, and just managed the pit stops when I was there and left it at 0%. So far (as of this morning anyway) I didnt have any rain, of course there were 5 and then 6 hours of the race I hadnt seen. Oh well, I guess I'll know in a few more hours when I get home how the Bobs did. I can hope the R8 had a catastrophic engine failure and dropped out of the race..... :sly:

well I bought the Stage 3 turbo and I think I set the rear camber and toe to 0 but dont recall right now. Most of my Bobs are lvl 39 to 37, I considered setting the pit strategy to about 40-50% but decided not too, and just managed the pit stops when I was there and left it at 0%. So far (as of this morning anyway) I didnt have any rain, of course there were 5 and then 6 hours of the race I hadnt seen. Oh well, I guess I'll know in a few more hours when I get home how the Bobs did. I can hope the R8 had a catastrophic engine failure and dropped out of the race..... :sly:

Oh yeah! Would be great if GT5 would simulate a car's reliability. 👍

Ok, the Furai finished 4 laps ahead of the 2nd place car.

Now Bob is 2 hours 48 minutes into the race driving a Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car. I pumped him up to 1st on the first lap then just left him on his own. At the moment, he's 1 minute and 10 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car, an Audi R8 Race Car '01. Bob's consistently a few seconds faster per lap with tire wear and fuel consumption on par with the Audi's so he's been slowly but steadily pulling away. We'll see what happens if and when it starts to rain.

Oh yeah! Would be great if GT5 would simulate a car's reliability. 👍

I always thought that was what Endurance races were for... I wish it was an option in the game, say like varying levels of difficulty, the more difficult the more experience and credits you get. Let each person choose what level they want to play at...

anyway the 908 won yesterday, not sure what the margin was. I did start another one last night with the Mazada Furai last night and so far doing alright even in the rain, about +8 minutes ahead of the R8, not quite a lap but doing ok. I think the AI hurts itself in the R8, it goes 4 laps between pits but I really think its stretching out that 4th lap on the tires, luckly with the Furai it will do 4 laps on soft and the R8 is on mediums. Plus the Furai does a lot better on gas which means less time in the pits refueling.

this is another spot I wish we had more from PD; a race report or a data sheet on each car showing the races run, place finish, fuel consumption, tire usage, average speed, fastest lap, etc

Now I just need to get the Ford GT Test Car (I had it in GT5 Prologue)

Nice to know your 908 won! As for the Ford GT, its been a surprise for me so far. Not home now but last I saw Bob was almost a lap ahead of the R8. I'll post my setup after the race.

Ok, here's the setup for my Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

Aero:
Front 50 - Rear 67

LSD:
IT 6
AS 9
BS 40 (This car tends to brake steer when trail braking into a high speed corner)

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: -15 R: -13
Spring Rate - F: 12.0 R: 10.7
Dampers Extension - F: 7 R: 6
Dampers Compress - F: 6 R: 5
Anti-Roll Bars - F: 7 R: 6
Camber - F: 3.5 R: 3.0
Toe - F: -0.10 R: +0.30

Brakes - F: 6 R: 3

Car is equipped with Stage 3 engine tuning and Supercharger.

826 HP
1165 KG

I know the camber seems a bit high but tire wear in the endurance race seemed to be on par with the Audi R8 Race Car so it really wasn't an issue. This is the setup I use for A-Spec and also for B-Spec grinding. Yes, it's setup for a bit more understeer since I use the DS3 to play after my wheel broke. Bob also seems to like a bit of understeer.

If anyone would like other endurance setups please let me know. I'll post what I have.

Edit: Forgot to add that the Bobs finished almost 2 laps ahead of the Audi R8. :D

Wow I'm shocked you had trouble with an 01 R8 with your Peugeot 908 stage 3 turbo. I use this car all the time in the past with my level 40 Bobs and never had a problem winning without baby sitting. The problem isn't your Bob or the Peugeot it's the way PD programmed your Bobs to slow down to a pace that's almost always slower than the second place AI car. The x1 and FGT are the exception as they are so fast that PD slow down programming can't affect your ability to win. I guess it's their attempt at suspense in racing.

I've noticed that if I left my Bobs alone in the 908 when the R8 comes on their bumper they speed up and destroy the R8 for a few sectors then they loaf back down to slower than R8 drivers slowest speed. It's frustrating. But even with this I've never lost with the 908 even without babysitting. Maybe I'm just fortunate it seems.

Also at any given moment your driver could go into the "down arrow" mood and further make his driving suck so maybe that's what happened to you? I've noticed they go off track alot more and seem to be slower when they are in this state. I always use green or blue arrow Bobs to start the race, but no telling what mood the computer will decide to put them in until you see their stats after race.

Disavowed I'd be interested on your Peugeot 908 tune just to compare it with mine if you don't mind. I'm not the best tuner by any stretch but I get by. Left alone my Bobs pit the same 4 laps as the Audi R8. Seems like they have enough for a 5th lap but they go in on the 4th. Maybe with your setup I can squeak out that 5th lap?

Wow I'm shocked you had trouble with an 01 R8 with your Peugeot 908 stage 3 turbo. I use this car all the time in the past with my level 40 Bobs and never had a problem winning without baby sitting. The problem isn't your Bob or the Peugeot it's the way PD programmed your Bobs to slow down to a pace that's almost always slower than the second place AI car. The x1 and FGT are the exception as they are so fast that PD slow down programming can't affect your ability to win. I guess it's their attempt at suspense in racing.

I've noticed that if I left my Bobs alone in the 908 when the R8 comes on their bumper they speed up and destroy the R8 for a few sectors then they loaf back down to slower than R8 drivers slowest speed. It's frustrating. But even with this I've never lost with the 908 even without babysitting. Maybe I'm just fortunate it seems.

Also at any given moment your driver could go into the "down arrow" mood and further make his driving suck so maybe that's what happened to you? I've noticed they go off track alot more and seem to be slower when they are in this state. I always use green or blue arrow Bobs to start the race, but no telling what mood the computer will decide to put them in until you see their stats after race.

Well, Bob was faster than the R8 in the 908 even when he's in max cooled down mode. The slowing down problem happens when it starts to rain. It wasn't a problem in Le Mans but affect Bob a lot in Nurburgring.

Back