Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Would Circuits > Road Course - Daytona
  • Car Type: Premium Race Modified
  • Make: USA > Chevrolet
  • Model: Camaro Z28 RM '69
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 551 HP (After Oil Change and Parts added - This number will go up after engine brake in - Max Power is fine)
  • Weight: 1085 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Modifications : All Allowed
  • Intake and Exhaust Modifications: All Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter: N/A
  • Turbo: Supercharger Allowed
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Aero: Any Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. (Including cones and brake markers) Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Yellow Rumble Strips are Track
  • All Tarmac is Track

Steward's Comments:
This is my favorite car on GT5. The Daytona Yellow Wheels and the car number act as a tribute for this week. Have fun. :)

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

RoadCourse-Daytona_5-1.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 3

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 69 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, June 11th, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

RoadCourse-Daytona_6-1.jpg

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-Daytona_2-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

I'll definitely give this one a shot. 👍

My one question is on the exit of T2 there is a small tarmac run-off. Is it ok to use that? :)

I'm assuming it is ok since "all tarmac is track". 👍

Last edited:
Oh how sweet it is! My Favorite car in GT5. Brings back memories of my 68 Camaro. 👍
Kevin, you picked a winner!

Last edited:
Dammit Kevin....
I'm taking next week off, no matter what the combo :sly:
This will make liar of me no doubt. :dopey:

You should make a one off ruling for this week - no reverse suspension setups (no pointing the nose skyward) It be sacrilegious with this I think.... although I think that with most of the cars we end up doing it to. ;)

Nice combo, Kev. 👍 Can't wait to race it online.

First splits at max power - 565 hp.

Looks like a awesome combo Kevin. 👍

Reminds me of the Penske Trans Am car, with Mark Donahue driving. I loved watching those Chevy Camaro vs. Ford Mustang Trans Am battles back in the day. Wow, that was a long, long time ago. Can I really be that old.:eek:

Can't wait to try this one out.:)

Nice Combo, but it´s a monster ;)
First try, only race modded without any settings.

btw: the picture in the leaderboard in the top right is Monza ;)

good splits gravitron.. been going for nearly an hour and i cant even get within a second of your first split :(

First splits at max power - 565 hp.

Great going Lucas. 👍

First session for me.. car at 548bhp. Great fun to thrash round here but unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how to drive. 2 clean laps out of 20+ and I'm not going to embarrass myself by posting them :yuck:

Hopefully I'll figure it out at some point this week. :dopey:

I think it has been a long time since we got a non-tuning week, I'm waiting for this!

First 30 mins. Missing about 15-18hp still. B speccing it up to full power and I'll try again

It has been exactly 1 week since the last non-tuning event... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=254337 :sly:

Nice one Matt 👍 I still can't drive it properly. Mine must have a dodgy steering rack, that must be it. :P

I'm having trouble too. It seems to understeer at high speed yet have massive oversteer on power application. :scared:

The times are slowly dropping though.

I'll probably have some satisfactory splits up in an hour. :lol:

Can't do this yet.. Need improve Tsukbee Doo... :boggled:

Car is now at 560bhp, so very nearly at full power. The extra 5 bhp would have got me a shade closer to Lucas, though ;)

Here's my setup - I really like it, which is rare. This is probably my wall for this week, as I seem to hit it really quickly at the moment

Matt's Setup
28/-25
14.6/8.3
7/10
7/10
5/7
2.1/1.4
0.00/0.05

9/13/9

(2.725 - 211mph I think, maybe slightly too much, doesn't quite reach the early redline)

Full aero (20/50)
BB 5/7

Splits:

Nailed turn 1, but ran slightly wide at turn 3 entry (The RM guys didn't change the brakes I don't think....)

How many kilometers a car need to be on full power ?

Varies. Standard cars, usually none. Premium cars like this one will need 200+ KM or 150+ miles (ish) to get anywhere close. I let B-Spec rack up 80 miles and did about 80 miles too approx to reach 560bhp, but I'm still 5 short. It probably amounts to 1 second of lap time on a good lap with this particular car, I would say.

Nice one Matt 👍 I still can't drive it properly. Mine must have a dodgy steering rack, that must be it. :P

Thanks Chris, but you don't fool me. You'll post up something great pretty soon I'm sure ;)

Last edited:
Dammit Kevin....

This will make liar of me no doubt. :dopey:

That was the goal, after all. ;)

Looks like a awesome combo Kevin. 👍

Reminds me of the Penske Trans Am car, with Mark Donahue driving.

Yeah, that's definitely what I was going for with the livery. I get to see those cars run at the Monterey Historics at Laguna some years. LOUD.

Screen+Shot+2012-04-20+at+6.15.25+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2012-04-20+at+6.13.47+PM.png

btw: the picture in the leaderboard in the top right is Monza ;)

Yeah, we have to update those manually, fetchy doesn't always understand the track name.

Another question: Do we use the custom LSD? Couldn't see anything about it in the OP. :)

Yes, it's allowed. Basically, you can add any parts that the race modification does not.

EDK
Yes, it's allowed. Basically, you can add any parts that the race modification does not.

Ok thanks. 👍

I've also gone for a Penske livery. :lol:

EDIT: Cannot get a T1 I'm happy with, PB is a .6. But I know I can go faster, I just keep messing up. :ouch:

I'll try again tomorrow think I'm too tired today. I'll also hopefully post up some splits if I can get a decent T1. 👍

Last edited:
Early splits, bad T2, too deep into turn 4. Bus stop ok at best.

Thanks for the info and the setup. Worked fine so far.

BTW : Isn´t that Indianapolis now ? ;)

First few laps of the week, that chicane is a killer

Going to give this one a try. This will be my first WRS event since joining. Hopefully I do well.

Have you guys got any tips for sector 1? I can't get close (as close as I'd like) to you guys there. :(

This is a beast of a car. Love that V8 but its no hangover cure. :dopey: I put an hour in after B-Spec Bob ran it in for me and ended up 3 seconds faster than when I started. I won't have time to run again until next weekend I don't think, by which time I'll be starting again from scratch, so this may well be my submitted time. Very hard to keep it together through that bus-stop chicane when you're on a good lap. :crazy:

Have you guys got any tips for sector 1? I can't get close (as close as I'd like) to you guys there. :(
Hard to explain. Alot of trail braking for turn 1, aiming for the outside of the track then coming in tight for the apex and as early as you can on the power. Full throttle up to turn 4 (hairpin). Wide entry into the hairpin to get on the accelerator nice and early to maximise speed down the straight and through turn 5.

That probably isn't very helpful but I don't know how to explain it better, sorry.

I seem to be quite hopeless with this car thus far (28.7 is my best 1st sector at this point :dunce:) but here's a sector 1 video from week 34:

Back