• Track: World Circuits > Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Nissan
  • Model: 370 Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: Not Available (Stock)
  • Weight: Not Available (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Automatically Set to Off in this game mode)
  • Tyre Type: Sports Hard (S1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: N/A
  • Mechanical Damage: N/A
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The time stamp of your run MUST be after the time this thread was posted. We know some of you have already worked hard at your laps and might have a difficult time improving. But we also know you are going to keep trying VERY HARD to improve.
  • In the event that you cannot improve on the account you are using for the Academy, you can run on a different account for WRS submission, as detailed below.
  • We are Making a One Time Exception to the GTP_Tag Rule This Week Only. We'd prefer to see you run using your GTP_Tag Account. But if you are using a different account for GT Academy, we'll allow you to make your run and submit using a different account.
  • We know that not all countries have been included in the GTAcademy. Several members from non-participating countries have created "dummy" accounts in order to download the game, using an address in a participating country. Once the game has been downloaded, you can participate using your normal account. You are certainly not required to participate, so we are not forcing you to do this. If you are unwilling to do this, we understand. But if you want to complain about it, please write to Sony, PD, or Nissan. Don't come bitchin' to us. ;)
  • ALL Participants Must be on the 3D3 racing friends list this week, with the account they are using to participate.
  • If you are already on the GTP_3D3 Racing friends list with your GTP_Tag account, and you plan to use that account for your run, you don't need to do anything.
  • If you are not on the GTP_3D3 Racing Friends list, you MUST send a friend request (via PSN Network on your PS3) to GTP_3D3_C prior to the deadline for this week's event.
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Blue and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • While it's certainly difficult if not impossible to drive off the track surface and gain time this week, we will still be enforcing the normal WRS standards of track boundaries. So if you happen to end up with 3 wheels off track in an area where there are not the cones of death, and we decide to check your replay, you will be DQ'd.

Steward's Comments:
We know most of you are working hard at the Academy, so we thought we'd take a week off from GT5 Based WRS Time Trials and create a competition within the registry, using the GT Academy final event. PLEASE read the thread more carefully than normal, as there are a lot of exceptions this week and I'd rather not spend my time answering questions that I've already answered with the detail in this post. :)

Viewing your Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to the home screen of the GT Academy Game and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • The time that's visible on the screen in replay theater before loading the replay is your fastest lap.
  • This week only, we'll be sharing total lap times. Just post your total lap time as your split, and the leaderboard will be ranked accordingly.

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

motegi5.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• Total Lap Time (Yes, we are allowing it this week)
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of Splits: 1

motegi9.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 71 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, June 25th, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
  • Be aware that the GT Academy Download will likely become unavailable to make runs once the time limit has expired in your region.
  • Please use the in game countdown timer as your reference to understand the deadline to complete your run. We are not posting details on this, as it may vary by region.
  • You are responsible for knowing the deadline in your region.
  • We are still giving everyone until the normal, Monday at Midnight GMT deadline to PM their lap to the fetchbot.
  • Only PM's will be considered as official submissions. A thread post with a leaderboard ranking is NOT official.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Please save your replay as normal. Replays can be exported to save data, using the same method as GT5.
  • We're not completely sure that we'll be able to import and view replays after the event deadline.
  • The 3D3 Racing Friends list is our backup plan. We will be able to view laptimes of the participants by logging into the account and viewing the friend ranking.
  • We won't DQ laps if technical limitations of the game don't allow for replay review.

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

motegi2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read everyting in this post, there are a lot of exceptions vs. the normal WRS. Once you've done that, if you still have questions, please post them here, and I promise to keep the shame to a minimum. ;)

This is going to be a fun week, let's get it on!

I've put my best effort into my main account, but i think I'll stick with my GTP tag for this one.

With the GTA deadline being next Sunday, I have a feeling no one will be lapping all the way until the deadline.

Edit: There's only one issue with this. I've already tried to give a ghost replay to a friend so he could use it for assistance and he was unable to open the replay file in GTA to check it. He could copy the file to his PS3, but it wouldn't show up in GTA itself.

Edit2: In fact, here is the exact file itself. http://www.mediafire.com/?8h31jhdoi531qqj

I've put my best effort into my main account, but i think I'll stick with my GTP tag for this one.

With the GTA deadline being next Sunday, I have a feeling no one will be lapping all the way until the deadline.

Edit: There's only one issue with this. I've already tried to give a ghost replay to a friend so he could use it for assistance and he was unable to open the replay file in GTA to check it. He could copy the file to his PS3, but it wouldn't show up in GTA itself.

Edit2: In fact, here is the exact file itself. http://www.mediafire.com/?8h31jhdoi531qqj

We're not actually going to require normal replay review this week. We're asking everyone to save them, but our time check will consist of signing into the 3D3 accounts and checking the times. If we find a time to be suspect, we'll do our best to check it.

I wonder if the issue you are having is regional? Is your friend in the NTSC region?

Yes, same region.

Well, either way, that's one of the reasons we made the rule we made. Just run your lap and make sure you are friends with a 3D3 account.

PD mas made it pretty tough to cheat on this one, with all those crazy cones of death. So just push to your limit and turn in your best time. 👍

Ill add GTP_3D3_C on my main then as I already set laps on my GTP and have no intesion of doing anymore. (Did it purely for the cars on my GTP ;)) Luckly I have yet to do Motegi on my main yet :P.

Although this week i'm going to be working very hard to do my best in the event :).

It actually does work guys. I'm watching GTP_orche's replay right now from the provided link 👍
It is highly possible that there was a corrupt or damaged file in the zip folder you tried with your friend (meaning it was corrupted on his end).
Edit: I'm also wondering if he didn't 'import' the replay into the replay function - it works exactly the same as it does in GT5.

Last edited:
This weeks' congrats in the results thread will carry a bit more gravity than usual. :eek:

Good luck ladies and gentlemen. 👍

It actually does work guys. I'm watching GTP_orche's replay right now from the provided link 👍
It is highly possible that there was a corrupt or damaged file in the zip folder you tried with your friend (meaning it was corrupted on his end).

:cheers: for that, Marc. 👍

I'm in this one. I have put a little time in so far, but I've still got a long way to go. Hope to post a better lap tonight. I've seen/read a few tips in the GTA forum, but I'm anxious to get tips from the guys here who's help is always spot on. 👍

Ill add GTP_3D3_C on my main then as I already set laps on my GTP and have no intesion of doing anymore. (Did it purely for the cars on my GTP ;)) Luckly I have yet to do Motegi on my main yet :P.

Cool 👍
Just remember everyone, we will update the Friend Lists as often as possible, but you do not have to wait for your request to be accepted to start.

Although this week i'm going to be working very hard to do my best in the event :).

Actually, Paul is already on the friends list of GTP_3D3Racing so no need to add GTP_3D3_C. You only need to add C if you are not already on the main friends list OR if your main GTP tag is on the friends list but you are running with another account this week.

EDIT: OK, I think I misread your post. So yes, if you are using your non GTP tag for this WRS competition, you *will* want to send a friend request to C.

That's good news then. Disregard my post about it not working then.

👍 Thanks for the check on that.

Edit: Turns out he didn't import the replay file. :lol:

EDK
:cheers: for that, Marc. 👍
No Problem ;)

That's good news then. Disregard my post about it not working then.

👍 Thanks for the check on that.

Anytime 👍
It gave me a bit of a "What???????" moment TBH. "But....but... we tested that......I swear it works!!!!" :lol:
Edit: Turns out he didn't import the replay file. :lol:
Bet you didn't know I can read minds :sly:

Edit: I have a feeling Chris is NOT taking this week off either... Sorry bud :D

Edit: I have a feeling Chris is NOT taking this week off either... Sorry bud :D

:lol: We'll see... I haven't run GT Academy for a couple weeks and hadn't really given it serious track time anyway, just 2 or 3 goes at each event to get the cars... but life's been busy and my spare time has still been spent on WRS. So I'm not up-to-date with the GT-A events and will need to play catch up to get to this stage. Aside from that, my Husky Dog-shaped Traction Engine pulled my back yesterday and I'm busy moaning about that too. :sly:

Good idea for an event though. Haven't driven Motegi for years. 👍

I'm off to bed now anyway - I'm only still up from watching Le Mans and hoping for some actual news about Anthony Davidson after the huge accident. Also wondering what punishment, if any, might be waiting for the offending Ferrari driver.

Sigh, I'm done running GTA (might have an hour or so tomorrow, but I doubt I'll improve) and I'm taking off on Monday. So in all likelihood I won't be submitting my lap. I'll watch this thread just to compare times though. Good luck, gents.

Actually, Paul is already on the friends list of GTP_3D3Racing so no need to add GTP_3D3_C. You only need to add C if you are not already on the main friends list OR if your main GTP tag is on the friends list but you are running with another account this week.

EDIT: OK, I think I misread your post. So yes, if you are using your non GTP tag for this WRS competition, you *will* want to send a friend request to C.

Yes sorry if I was a little unclear WRP. I'm using my main (paulmac2k9) as by a miracle I get into the top 16 I don't wanna have myself exluded for having a fake email like on my GTP :P.

I don't know if I can better my time on the Twin Ring, but will giver hell!! Very cool TT by the way!! :)

Great idea 👍

Missed last week cause of GT Academy and was going to miss the next, now all the aples are on the same basket :dopey:

New time from my last session

1'31.643

9º on my country and using my tag with proud :sly:

Great idea 👍

Missed last week cause of GT Academy and was going to miss the next, now all the aples are on the same basket :dopey:

New time from my last session

1'31.643

9º on my country and using my tag with proud :sly:

My post was up for all of 2 minutes and you beat crush it by a second. Going to be a tough week at this rate :nervous:
Great lap 👍

I was away for some months, but this is a good chance for a little come back. Too bad I think I reached my limit just yesterday. Maybe a little more efforts to enter a time here 👍
Thank you EDK!

I also missed that news: congratulations Joao for your Div1 promotion ;) :cheers:

Tremendous idea. I just hope I can improve now, my best time was set at 1pm.

zrodegreesklvn
Tremendous idea. I just hope I can improve now, my best time was set at 1pm.

I noticed that as you are within 0.002 of me. :sly:

Wow love this course! Just getting the hang of drifting this wonderful car! Only 10 laps in, bed time!

1'34.577

I was going to skip this week but there isn't much point now seeing as I've already put a bit of time in at this combo.;) The only problem I might have is beating my previous time but I did notice the top guys have been short shifting and I didn't so maybe I can beat it. There is only one way to find out.:sly:

1'32.792

I seriously hate the bleedin' cones...and the random oversteer...and the fact I'm not quicker! :D

I didn't save the replay, but I'll run again. Had a great first sector but the last 4 turns were pants.

Back