:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World > Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Italy > Ferrari
  • Model: F10 '10

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power : 726 HP (No parts additions on this car) - This number may go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight : 560 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions : N/A
  • Engine Modifications : N/A
  • Intake Modifications : N/A
  • Exhaust Modifications : N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter : Not Allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger : N/A
  • Transmission : N/A
  • Drivetrain and Suspension : N/A
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Manual or Automatic
  • Tyre Type: Racing Soft on Both Front and Rear
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Green Painted Tarmac and Tarmac Beyond White Track Boundary Lines are Not track.
  • Overrun tarmac past rumble strips and white boundary lines is not track. The game has a good penalty system, but don't try to exploit it.

Steward's Comments:
We're halfway through the F1 summer break, so we're going to run an early preview of the next race. The car is a little tough to control, but this track really suits F1 cars. Have fun!

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_7-1.jpg

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

pb060041mt3.jpg

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1-1.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 79 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-)

Time: 1'10.100

• Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 20th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_6-1.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Should have known this combo would pop up. For some reason I had a feeling F1 @ Spa was going to happen soon.

Should have known this combo would pop up. For some reason I had a feeling F1 @ Spa was going to happen soon.

I've been planning this for a while. It might have leaked into a lobby. If not, nice instinct. 👍

Wasn't a leak. Now that I've juryrigged my pedal cable, I think I won't take the break that I was going to take.

To start off:

Only played with toe, camber and the decel LSD so far. Pretty much sideways through the first half of Pouhon :D
Top speed is almost exactly correct as is - just dropped to 350 from 357 KM/h.

No way I'm waiting until next Sunday to start this one :sly:

Good thing I've got a few million in the bank! Which one is this, the $10M or $12.5M?

Might need Tim to bump me up on the grinder priority...

Oh man, think I'm about to find out how bad I am at higher PP. :embarrassed: I haven't spent much time at Spa and almost none with the car so it should be a good learning experience.

EDK

Never liked the new Challenger much but I have to say that yours looks quite nice. 👍

Confused reg HP. Brand new F10 with oil change and 0kms only at 704hp not 726? I will start to break it in, but how is it at 726? Can someone confirm. Or am I missing something here ?

I am at 720 HP and climbing so I think the OP might be full power after break in. We shall find out soon! Took me 25 laps to finally get a clean one!

Al

Considering that I recorded a lap time 4 seconds faster on this track with the F2007, there's more to come. This was basically an installation lap to get a ghost recorded and to begin getting the feel of running max downforce instead of the default wing settings.

Dang it, I thought I had the F10 but I only have the 07'. Good thing the F1 seasonal is still available.

Time to start grinding!

I'm pretty sure mine is set to share. If anyone needs a loaner just add my PSN ID 👍
If its offline, I'm using it ;)

WOW, very happy with this combo, me and my friends run this for fun whenever we come togheter.... No need for me to buy the car, it is tunned and ready in my garage ;) Was not gonna compete this week, but this has changed my plans :)

Did 8 laps with 670bhp cos I'm stupid

This is epic fun. Car is pretty easy to control I thought.

Fanatec folk: turn LIN off. I dropped SEN to 480 and this works nicely.

Will break in and change oil then post a setup and some more splits. Wanted to go quicker at london too....decisions decisions....

Edit

I suspect I'm running too much aero, don't quite see how I can be 1 sec slower in T1! T2 good but the max aero helps a lot more here....

Last edited:
Well, thus ends the debate on whether or not I'm going to carry on with last week's combo... :sly: Fantastic, Kevin :cheers:

Sweet 1st sector there Marc. 👍 Its all in the exit from La Source and I don't think I'm getting back on the power fast enough there yet. Sector 2 not too bad so far but I'm missing my braking point for the chicane too often, going in deep, compromising my exit and therefore speed over the S/F line.

This is epic fun. Car is pretty easy to control I thought.
Yeah it does seem that way - less seat-of-your-pants than I remember from rFactor.

I suspect I'm running too much aero, don't quite see how I can be 1 sec slower in T1! T2 good but the max aero helps a lot more here....
I'm running full downforce - I don't think there is ever an advantage to lower downforce in GT5, unless we were running Route X. The key to sector 1 is La Source, fast in with a wide entry, early on full throttle without using too much curb. (Now wait for Marc to say "I'm running lower downforce" :P)

Man I love this track though and blasting round it in an F1 car is the business. :)

Looks like I'll be skipping this one as I absolutely hate these cars and can't drive them for crap, lol. (I'm a NASCAR guy) Good luck to everyone. Had fun competeing with you all in the last TT and look foward to doing it again next week. (Hopefully it will be a car I can drive, lol) Peace.

No way I can match your 1st sector Marc, so I'm thinking it might be down to aero and/or gearing...?

Saw a 44.5xx but ran slightly wide at Pouhon and went off track, so its dirty. Should be possible to do it clean though I think.

Looks like I'll be skipping this one as I absolutely hate these cars and can't drive them for crap, lol.
Perfect time to learn a new driving style then? :sly: That's part of what WRS is about - learning and developing those skills. 👍

Last edited:
Perfect time to learn a new driving style then? :sly: That's part of what WRS is about - learning and developing those skills. 👍

👍 My attitude entirely!

Last week I rued the Clio on my first few laps but did well when I figured it out. I'm looking forward to the same thing with the GT500 NSX at a track I don't care for.

I'll get into the F1 on Tuesday and see what she'll do :D

What sensitivity and deadzone / linearity are you using Chris? Amazing T2.... I need so much practice in these quicks to get on pace. Will drop back to London for a bit first tho and try to find some setups!

Back