• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: USA > Chevrolet
  • Model: 2011 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88 Impala

Vehicle Specifics:
ctree.gif

• Power: 824 HP (Stock)
  • Weight:1565 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

RoadCourse-Daytona_7_zps335e01f5.jpg

Race Specifics:
present.gif

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Yellow Rumble Stripsare Track
  • No Other surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
snowflake.gif

Seems a great combo and a really nice fit for the track. Running the time trial is a great practice for the WRS online race. ;)

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
    more

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon
winter.gif

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
santahat.gif

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1, T2 and T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

RoadCourse-Daytona_zps7b9832ff.jpg

Submission:
present2.gif

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 96 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, December 24, 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:
winter.gif

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

RoadCourse-Daytona_4_zps97da3f06.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Sjaak for the Christmas smilies. :)

I've had this one in the back of my mind for some time. The gearing and grip ratio still work well on this track without tuning available. Give it a spin before passing judgement.

OMG, I think I just crapped myself.:lol: Best Christmas present EVER.👍 I have been waiting for this kind of TT for a very long time from either here or the Seasonal TT's. Back to my roots with my beloved NASCAR cars.👍 I had my best TT finish ever in these cars as seen in my sig. I can't wait to get started on this. You really made my day/week/year/Christmas with this TT. I could almost give you a big wet kiss on the lips for this.:lol: Notice, I said almost:lol: Anyways, Happy Holidays to everyone and let the fun begin. Boogety boogety boogety, lets go racin' boys. :gtpflag::cheers:

I guess I'll get this one started, then.

I'm using first to get into all of the infield corners. I think optimally, throttle control in first to redline is fastest, but maybe not most consistent, since it's particularly difficult to hold the back end. A short shift to second is warranted in some cases, but first is definitely easier to get in with.

Brake balance is currently 2/5. I tried 2/4 and 1/3. 1/3 works well except for turn 1, where it tends to put the car in a slide at the apex if you trail brake, which is what's needed for a fast turn 1.

EDK
Thanks to Sjaak for the Christmas smilies. :)

I've had this one in the back of my mind for some time. The gearing and grip ratio still work well on this track without tuning available. Give it a spin before passing judgement.
I love this time of year and making everything festive. Nice one Sjaak (and Kev) :cheers:

Gave it a spin, or many spins to be honest. :dopey: Certainly an exercise in braking and throttle precision. Spin the rears up on any exit and it kills your time. Very easy to lock up and slide wide or lose the rear trail braking too but you still need a high enough brake setting to stop the thing... :scared: Very satisfying when you nail it right though. 👍 Patience and care bring the rewards here and it really is an exercise in slow-in-fast-out through the in-field.

Did about 20 laps I think, most of them pushing past the limit but got a few clean laps in.

Back to DFR now.

EDK
I'm using first to get into all of the infield corners. I think optimally, throttle control in first to redline is fastest, but maybe not most consistent, since it's particularly difficult to hold the back end. A short shift to second is warranted in some cases, but first is definitely easier to get in with.

Brake balance is currently 2/5. I tried 2/4 and 1/3. 1/3 works well except for turn 1, where it tends to put the car in a slide at the apex if you trail brake, which is what's needed for a fast turn 1.
Yep, 1st is best for the infield but very careful progressive throttle required. Short shifting is better for consistency but it bogs down a bit and taking it to the limit in 1st is faster if you can keep from spinning up. 👍

I'm using 4/4 ABS 10 for brakes, using 90% braking for most entries but I felt the higher setting was better for braking from high speed (into turn 1 and the bus stop).

Last edited:
Nice One Guys!

I'll be running this one in the background.
Any chance of an early Christmas present for me to be able to run officially?

Nice One Guys!

I'll be running this one in the background.
Any chance of an early Christmas present for me to be able to run officially?

You just have to keep waiting. I waited almost 4 weeks before I was accepted. They'll let you know when your accepted and can participate officially.

New ones for me, I cleaned up some of what I knew I was leaving out there in the first one.

Looks clean at that moment. Is that the bus stop? It's caught many people out in the past, with off tracks that were not red clocked. The red clock does better at catching them now, but it's not perfect.

Yea i know red clock isn't perfect. We can't trust it with the WRS track boundaries. And yea this is the last rumble strip of the bus stop. I pressed pause maybe 10 or 11 times for trying to catch the "dirtiest" instant.

Yea i know red clock isn't perfect. We can't trust it with the WRS track boundaries. And yea this is the last rumble strip of the bus stop. I pressed pause maybe 10 or 11 times for trying to catch the "dirtiest" instant.

You are probably OK. You'll most likely end up going faster with a clean lap, that one does look really close, and I would hate to put a reviewer through that.

I don't know about this one. I don't like these "Roundy Pounder" car's much. but will give it a try anyway.

Hi everyone.
Has been a long time since I have posted or even raced due to personal reasons but I'm now back on board. Not a car that I particularly like but still trying it anyway. Here are my early splits.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this running.

My current splits:

I tried a few laps last night, but I was tired and just kept spinning out. Now I'm more fresh, I've managed to hold it together to produce some decent initial splits. Moral: don't play when tired. ;)

EDIT - new splits:

Last edited:
New ones for me tonight.

Wheel spin coming out of the infield back onto the speedway, otherwise this one was even better. :ouch:

mwa-ha-ha. Keep messing up T1 though, a tenth off the competition.

Nice splits Kev. You look like you've got T1 all figured out.

Back