Engine blowing in GT6?

• Thread starter Starciller
  • 32 comments
Maybe, but as an option, I don't want my engine asploding every 2 races, maybe engine upgrades would make harder to blow the engine.

Good point..... And also what about different types and brands of motor oil and the race motor oils help withstand the high revs? That might help

The only way I can see this working is by having a race team that you pay on a per race or weekly basis.

Paying bottom dollar for an under-equipped, junior level team would increase your risk of engine failure. As you move through the ranks, you upgrade your team to lower the risk.

PD could take this further by including pit stop timing and even the effectiveness of engine upgrades.

So kind of like f1 2012 when u start your career you get a generally bad team then in your second and third year your team gets better overall

I remember Race Driver Grid having the engine blowing damage system, I think if Codemasters can do it, then it should be a piece of pie for PD.

Starciller
Would any of you guys like the idea of having the engine blow when revving to much?

In a board for Codemasters' F1 games it was suggested that we need random engine/gearbox failures. I sternly object to that because it's unfair to the player. It's unfair in real life, but we can't help that. We can help it in a virtual environment, though.

However, I am fine with engine failure or gearbox failure due to the driver causing them to happen. In Forza I damaged transmissions of old cars because I would forget that they had hour gears and topped out at like 105 until it was too late.

I wouldn't like it happening at random unless theres like a 1/50 chance while racing but it happening by driver error is fine, that'll teach you to have mechanical sympathy

Lol didn't think of that maybe it only blows up when u double downshift

So if I accidentally push the downshift button twice, the entire time I have pout into the race gets scrapped? Still, no thanks. There are much harder to commit mistakes that you can make in the game that still leave you able to recover and win. Hitting a button twice instead of once is really easy to do, so is accidentally shifting to 1st instead of 3rd on a gated shifter. Not to mention if your controller malfunctions because of a low battery or bad communication.

That's how it is in f1 2012 if u double downshift to fast the engine blows I've only had it happen once on accident and I've played the game for months race after race

Well I've had a fair number of mis-shifts in GT5 and at least few of them would have set me back a lot of time if they cause engine failure. If this was an option that you could enable if you were looking for more realism or challenge, I'd be all for it. But if it's something that's forced/mandatory, no way.

As an option and if engine failure was only determined by the actions of the player and it wasn't random then why not. Those that want it can have it and those that don't, don't.

As an option and if engine failure was only determined by the actions of the player and it wasn't random then why not. Those that want it can have it and those that don't, don't.

Exactly 👍 Having plenty of options is the key to success of future GT games IMO.

Well I've had a fair number of mis-shifts in GT5 and at least few of them would have set me back a lot of time if they cause engine failure. If this was an option that you could enable if you were looking for more realism or challenge, I'd be all for it. But if it's something that's forced/mandatory, no way.

There's always the automatic transmission to avoid any possibility of an error doing a shift.

I remember Race Driver Grid having the engine blowing damage system, I think if Codemasters can do it, then it should be a piece of pie for PD.

It was even in Toca 3 or even 2. It would be a good thing but not something important to do in my opinion

It was even in Toca 3 or even 2. It would be a good thing but not something important to do in my opinion

Last reply to this thread was an entire 2 YEARS + 3 MONTHS AGO, check dates before you reply to random threads bro.

Didn't mean to shout. Although surprisingly I don't think GTP has a rule against gravedigging so you should be all good!

Last reply to this thread was an entire 2 YEARS + 3 MONTHS AGO, check dates before you reply to random threads bro.

Didn't mean to shout. Although surprisingly I don't think GTP has a rule against gravedigging so you should be all good!

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice and I thought it was weird how they still are suggesting things for GT6. It's like my brain turned off for a moment. I'm really, really sorry.

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice and I thought it was weird how they still are suggesting things for GT6. It's like my brain turned off for a moment. I'm really, really sorry.

:lol: Don't apologise man, have a nice day.

If he would have made a new thread, "Use the search!!!", would be shouted in his face. I think he is OK. :)

I wish we had engine damage, especially in PRO Drag Rooms.

If he would have made a new thread, "Use the search!!!", would be shouted in his face. I think he is OK. :)

I wish we had engine damage, especially in PRO Drag Rooms.

That's the problem, you can't shout at somebody for making a thread just because there was one based on the same thing made over 2 years ago. Ridiculous. I could understand if the thread had been going good for those 2+ years, but this one clearly died within 24 hours of its creation.

It's pretty common knowledge to not go gravedigging on most forums, but GTP has strange ways of doing things...

Last edited:

We don't have a rule against it, and actively encourage it, so please don't discourage someone from doing something we want them to do.

In future if you have an issue with a post someone makes use the report button rather that take them (incorrectly) to task.

I honestly don't understand the anti-necro sentiment on most forums. GTP has it the more logical way, in my opinion (is that an oxymoron?).

On topic, if PD can find a way to make the engine failure easily attributable to some aspect of the player's past input / decisions, then I think it'd be a great addition. If it seems too "random", people will hate it almost universally.

No thank you. I'd rather not have my engine blow up 20 hours into a 24 hour endurance race.
What if they also add a crane or tow truck to come out and pick you up and take you to the pits for repairs?

I'm all for it as I am for most things, so long as it's optional. Would be a nice touch if it was an individual option as well, so you can still take damage but can turn "blow engine" on and off depending on the nature of the race, personal preference etc. The more things you have that simulate real life in the game, the more immersive it is to me.

Latest Posts

Back