GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 106 : Fuji (Nissan) GT(-R)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
wrstitlestimetrials2.png

GT5 Week 106 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R)

gt5logo.png

Hotlap Event in Arcade Mode Time Trial

FujiSpeedwayGT_1.jpg

Fuji Speedway GT

FujiSpeedwayGT_8.jpg

Nissan GT-R '07

FujiSpeedwayGT_3.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Fuji Speedway GT
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: JP > Nissan
  • Model: GT-R '07

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 473 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1740 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

FujiSpeedwayGT_7.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • No Other surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
I'm not sure how, but Fuji has been off the list for a long time. :crazy:

This is a Prologue Classic, the GT-R suits Fuji exceptionally well, which really must make Toyota happy. :sly:

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

FujiSpeedwayGT_4.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 106 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, March 4th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

FujiSpeedwayGT_6.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Sport Medium.

I will edit the OP

Fun combo:tup:!

First laps:

Last edited:
Here's the real life car reviewed on Top Gear - at Fuji of course 👍

Careful, this car makes victims of it's drivers and WRS admins assume no liability whatsoever should you incurr any discomfort following a hot lap session :lol:
I love how when it pulls up to a track it automatically turns off the speed limiter (~1:08 in the vid). Very Cool :D

Little bit wide in the sweeper in t2 and slight oversteer via the grass on exit of first turn in t3

22 flat and 34.2 would be decent for me, but its all in sector three really. Love this combo, much more my style than the crazy chaos of the bouncing TVR :)

Are you sure you're using sports medium tyres? If you are then that is a serious T1 for a division 3 driver! 👍

Both he and Mamba seem to belong to that class of driver who *ahem* 'didn't work too hard at the qualifier' - amongst others I need not mention :sly:. They're both up there with the div 2 gold guys every race.

Both he and Mamba seem to belong to that class of driver who *ahem* 'didn't work too hard at the qualifier' - amongst others I need not mention :sly:. They're both up there with the div 2 gold guys every race.

I can only speak for myself, but i did spend time on the qualifier, but since i joined this site, i just been playing more and the battle with mamba just helps to find the extra tenths every time, plus i changed from a DFGT to a G27 and that helped me improve also.

I would be dissappointed that after putting all the time in the TT's there wasn't any improvement.

Sorry, but could not resist to react. Find that some draw quick conclusions.

I can only speak for myself, but i did spend time on the qualifier, but since i joined this site, i just been playing more and the battle with mamba just helps to find the extra tenths every time, plus i changed from a DFGT to a G27 and that helped me improve also.

I would be dissappointed that after putting all the time in the TT's there wasn't any improvement.

Good for you mate, I was asked if I had SRF on when I finished 3rd overall in my second ever TT :lol:

That's a slightly sweeping statement, unless you know what everyone else doesn't, e.g. the amount of time everyone spent on the qualifier.

Both of those guys have joined WRS while I've been racing and I am pretty certain they've gained a tonne of extra skill to justify a future promotion through effort and learning how to get quicker while competing in the events. 👍

Usually, equilibrium of divisions is restored pretty quickly. It's happened dozens of times already since I started racing in week 3. It's just amplified and more noticeable when there are (inevitably) fewer racers.

I would be disappointed that after putting all the time in the TT's there wasn't any improvement.

That's a slightly sweeping statement, unless you know what everyone else doesn't, e.g. the amount of time everyone spent on the qualifier.
Both of those guys have joined WRS while I've been racing and I am pretty certain they've gained a tonne of extra skill to justify a future promotion through effort and learning how to get quicker while competing in the events. 👍
Usually, equilibrium of divisions is restored pretty quickly. It's happened dozens of times already since I started racing in week 3. It's just amplified and more noticeable when there are (inevitably) fewer racers.

You're both right and I apologize for my sweeping statements, to Mamba too. Of course you guys have been here for a lot longer than me and I hadn't considered the improvement that implies.
No offence was meant though - and thanks for putting me straight.

22.242 22.143 22.249 22.090
35.097 35.058 34.676 34.641

Last edited:

I did the qualifier in a week, was trying to get into before the cycle run through (which at the time I thought was 4-6 weeks) however given that I drove a lot in the ring when the game first came out I didn't have to spend the time learning the track so I was pretty quick to what I felt was my limit. True I didn't spend as much time as I do with the TTs but it was a decent effort.
I also think I got placed in the right Division given that my times in the beginning were not as fast as they are now (if you look at my first 5 events I even considered getting demoted once), I've just improved a lot after learning a few tricks, like trail braking and controlling oversteer in corners. One thing that has improved my time is also the battles with Koen, very tough but at the end of the week I get a few more tenths out of what I thought was my limit. WRS and a lot of tips from some of the aliens here has really helped me improve my pace.

I know you did not quote me, but I started this one. ;)

While I agree with you, there tends to be a period of time in which drivers perform at the level of their division before surpassing it.

It tends to be that the podiums each week are putting in times that are handicapped in the next division up. If you look at my post, I linked their respective race records, and they both basically came in and started winning their respective divisions.

Might be that time was spent on the qualifier, but I would still contend that they likely are spending more time on the TT's than the qualifier.

I get that it happens, and I understand that the system moves them up.

Your history is a better example of a racer that is improving over time, and reflective in the results.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/GTP_Insatiable/

I'm just personally not a fan of people who set themselves up to win their division out of the gate, I would rather see someone give the qualifier their very best effort.

Everyone is of course welcome, and we only hope they get promoted sooner than later, so that folks who are at the pace of the division they are currently assigned have a chance to find a podium themselves.

Hmmm, think I may have over-qualified! Either that or someone has stolen my mojo and if that's the case has anyone got a spare one I could borrow, preferably one like BanditKarters please :lol:

3 laps to put a marker on the board.

Back from my trip, first stint. Seen a .984 first sector and on this lap lost time in the last sector so theres about 4 tenths to get. nice start koen 👍

Slight Improvement:

New Splits:

Improvement of almost a tenth.

New Splits:

Marginal improvement.

New Splits:

Last edited:

Not a bad start but would like to shed at least .200 off each. Think it's possible at my level?

Nice start Omar 👍

I did it hooray!

Last edited:
Everything is possible if you want it enough. :dopey: Go and get it!

Back