• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Original Circuits > Grand Valley East Reverse
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Japan > Honda
  • Model: Civic Type R '08
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 258 BHP (After Oil Change, Added Parts, before Break In. This number will go up with break in, max power is OK)
  • Weight: 1051 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: All Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not allowed. No Stage upgrades or ECU Tuning (Verifiable by viewing tach redline in replay)
  • Intake Modifications: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications: Exhaust Manifold and Catalytic converter allowed. Sports, Semi-Racing or Racing exhaust not allowed, verifiable by listening to car in replay.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not allowed (Verifiable by looking for turbo meter on HUD)
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.
  • Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero Upgrades: NOT Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium Front/Sports Hard Rear
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
Stewards Comments:
This is our first visit to GVE Reverse since week 46. The staggered compounds give this FF unique handling characteristics. When combined with some suspension tuning, it can be a rude little drifter. The revs are amazing with this VTEC marvel, have a blast laying down laps. 👍

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
  • Concrete, Cobbles, etc. are not track surface.
  • See Detail pic of one questionable area below.
Concrete on Trackside Right on the exit of the first lefthand turn after the tunnel exit. These pics are clean. If the lefthand tires are inside the rumbles without contact, that's considered dirty.

GVEr2.jpg

GVEr1.jpg

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1, T2 and T3 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

GrandValleyEast_5.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total road course lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
Number of Splits: 2
The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

GrandValleyEast.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 112 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 15th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

GrandValleyEast_6.jpg

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Never driven this course before. Some nice turns in here.

26.976 26.748 26.530 26.395 26.182 26.241
22.498 22.284 21.910 21.885 21.848 21.632

Last edited:
I would love to have a go at this, however it is with regret that I have to announce my temporary withdrawal from these time trials, it has been good fun racing with all you guys for the past couple of months 👍 I have also learnt a lot, believe it or not :)

The reason for this is that between May and June I have my A-level exams, as you all know it is a tough time and to get into the university I want (hopefully studying Motorsport Engineering 👍 ) I will have to work hard. I'm already into the second week of the Easter break so it's about time I started to get stuck into some serious revision :scared:

I will still try and get on GT5 as much as I can but I will put my remaining time into the seasonal TTs and continue to fly the GTP flag at the top of the leaderboards (hopefully) :gtpflag:

I wish you all the best until we compete again, you never know, maybe GT6 will be upon us by the end of June 💡

John :)

I would love to have a go at this, however it is with regret that I have to announce my temporary withdrawal from these time trials, it has been good fun racing with all you guys for the past couple of months 👍 I have also learnt a lot, believe it or not :)

The reason for this is that between May and June I have my A-level exams, as you all know it is a tough time and to get into the university I want (hopefully studying Motorsport Engineering 👍 ) I will have to work hard. I'm already into the second week of the Easter break so it's about time I started to get stuck into some serious revision :scared:

I will still try and get on GT5 as much as I can but I will put my remaining time into the seasonal TTs and continue to fly the GTP flag at the top of the leaderboards (hopefully) :gtpflag:

I wish you all the best until we compete again, you never know, maybe GT6 will be upon us by the end of June 💡

John :)

Good luck John. I hope you get accepted into the university of your choice. Study hard, and say hello to Bernie Ecclestone for me when you graduate and get that great job on an F1 team.

It's been a great experience watching you tear up the leaderboards with your blazing speeds.

Take care, and hope to see you run a few when you get a break now and then.

Ron

Never driven this course before. Some nice turns in here.
Its an interesting circuit to be sure. I detest turns one/two fiercely however :sly:
Our eldest lad is doing his A-levels now too so I know what the stakes are. Good luck meeting your offers. 👍
Study hard, and say hello to Bernie Ecclestone for me...
Yeah Bernie's nuclear power source must be good for another 10 years at least.. :mischievous:

Anyway, the job at hand... What strange quirky handling this bugger has. :sly: I think the lap is pretty much made or destroyed in turn 1/2 and the final hairpin. Not sure how to get a good stable setup on it yet so trying different extremes... But here's some splits to kick off:

Last edited:
Yes this track looks like fun - I raced here with DeadNutsEven on two occasions (maybe three) with different cars, so I know the track. As for the car, well it was a pain driving it in the Civic Seasonal so I'll struggle I think to get used to it again, never have like FF's, but good choice on having softer tyre compound in front, that should help I think.

Good luck John - you should do well at uni if you're doing that course, props to you for that - just ace your exams and you'll be fine. I think that Chris and the other D1 guys will miss your competition more than I will, :lol:, but good luck anyways, will hopefully see you in the summer. Off-Topic: which university will you be going to/hoping to get into?

Back on-topic. Will start running this tomorrow. Wouldn't know where to start with a setup, but will try and get some time on this one - like I said I do like this track.

Is chassis reinforcement allowed?
Its always allowed, yes - there's no way to verify if its being used or not = legal. 👍 Remember its often not a good thing but it does depend on the car - generally if a car is tail happy or has little traction, chassis reinforcement is good.

Its always allowed, yes - there's no way to verify if its being used or not = legal. 👍 Remember its often not a good thing but it does depend on the car - generally if a car is tail happy or has little traction, chassis reinforcement is good.

Yeah, I thought the general idea of Chassis Reinforcement was to add understeer - though I think this car has enough of that to begin with. Haven't driven it in a while, though. Will it not make you slower on this car?

Yeah, I thought the general idea of Chassis Reinforcement was to add understeer - though I think this car has enough of that to begin with. Haven't driven it in a while, though. Will it not make you slower on this car?
More than likely it will be a hindrance on this car. I'll try it out tomorrow and see what the difference is. Here's a quick setup to try for now anyway:

picture.php

First splits off first 10 laps with default settings across the board on all the adjustable parts:

It is fun drifting a Civic.

New splits, with tranny adjusted and brake balance 7/4:

Last edited:
VTEC Yo!

Thanks in advance for the settings. We'll see what kind of time I have for this tomorrow.

Jerome

:crazy: After running some killer times on the WRONG TRACK I think I'll go ahead and head over to the CORRECT TRACK and see how I do....geez this Honda is a beast though.

Also Good Luck John. Want to see you on a real F1 team someday.

first run:

New:

Last edited:
Good luck John. I hope you get accepted into the university of your choice. Study hard, and say hello to Bernie Ecclestone for me when you graduate and get that great job on an F1 team.

It's been a great experience watching you tear up the leaderboards with your blazing speeds.

Take care, and hope to see you run a few when you get a break now and then.

Ron

Our eldest lad is doing his A-levels now too so I know what the stakes are. Good luck meeting your offers. 👍

Yeah Bernie's nuclear power source must be good for another 10 years at least.. :mischievous:

Good luck John - you should do well at uni if you're doing that course, props to you for that - just ace your exams and you'll be fine. I think that Chris and the other D1 guys will miss your competition more than I will, :lol:, but good luck anyways, will hopefully see you in the summer. Off-Topic: which university will you be going to/hoping to get into?

Hopefully going to Brunel, I need ABB :)

Good Luck John.

Also Good Luck John. Want to see you on a real F1 team someday.

Thanks everyone, I will return when I can :)

Really having some reservations about running anymore of these events outside of Arcade mode events. The reason is simple...hybridding. Before I go on, just let me say that I would think no one thats part of WRS would take to such tactics, but the fact remains that the possibility and temptation is still there. I spent all day yesturday investigating 3 different hybridding apps. and it is possible to hybrid and run in these events in Practice Mode without anyone being none the wiser.....if you know what you are doing without making it blatently obvious. I can guarrantee you that I could hybrid this Civic in a way that would be undetectable and still gain me spots on the leaderboard. Like I said, I would like to think that no one here would resort to that type of cheating, but it is still possible which makes me have second thoughts on running these events in Practice mode. With the recent hybridding, I just feel more comfortable running these events in Arcade mode. Don't mean to offend anyone here, this is just my thoughts and concerns in running these events in Practice mode.

It's nice to win your division or even better. But I wont let any hybrid possibilities hinder my fun every week! I do it to improve my own skills and I have a lot fun doing it! The leaderboard is an added bonus, always nice to see your name at the top but it certainly isn't why I race every week.

Al

I can guarantee you that I could hybrid this Civic in a way that would be undetectable...
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Anything that makes the car faster or improves grip beyond the normal limit can be detected in some way. There are even ways of deducing if SRF is being used, which has always been there as a temptation for people who want to cheat. Or running a tuned car in an arcade event... There are ways of finding out, believe me. Besides WRS members generally are of good character and principle.

Oh and some new splits:

I've tuned the car up to 700bhp and added nitrous of course.

Worth putting the aero/exhaust not allowed stuff in red?, I just installed it as I don't read, I just look for colours ;)

Mitch, the admins have a lot of experience, I think they'd likely spot any fishy stuff :)

Last edited:
]I wouldn't be so sure about that[/B]. Anything that makes the car faster or improves grip beyond the normal limit can be detected in some way. There are even ways of deducing if SRF is being used, which has always been there as a temptation for people who want to cheat. Or running a tuned car in an arcade event... There are ways of finding out, believe me. Besides WRS members generally are of good character and principle.
Oh and some new splits:

I've tuned the car up to 700bhp and added nitrous of course.

Well, I bet I could get by, at least to the casual replay viewer. Not saying I'm a genious, just saying that with the recent influx of hybridding apps, it is possible.

Also, like I said, I too think that the WRS community is of good character. The fact remains tho that it is still possible. The thing is now, I'm always going to be wondering if the time or person that I am trying to better is legit, thats all. I'm not trying to offend anyone here really, its just knowing that the possibilities are there, thats all.

@Al: Agree, thats the same reason I do them as well, but as said before, when I look at the leaderboard, I'm going to wonder if that guy thats ahead by .500 is actually legit. As well as improving my skillset, I always aim for winning my division or better. It matters alot to me where I end up on the leaderboard, just the competitor in me.

EDIT: @Vagabond: Now I see you're having a shot at me with your last comment just because I voiced my opinions and concerns about a certain matter. Wow.

Last edited:
EDIT: @Vagabond: Now I see you're having a shot at me with your last comment just because I voiced my opinions and concerns about a certain matter. Wow.

Of course he wasn't....he's just joking.

My appologies then if that was the case. I didn't see it that way. Just thought he was making fun of my concerns.

Like I said, just some reservations I have, may run the events anyways but now will always have the thought in the back of my mind now, thats all I was trying to say here.

I hope not, that would explain why i am so slow:lol::lol:

No, pretty clear it was a joke;)

@mitch: understandable, but would be sad to quit something you like just for a 'possibility'.
Since the names on the leaderboard are more or less the same, i think chances are pretty small of cheating here.

Really having some reservations about running anymore of these events outside of Arcade mode events. The reason is simple...hybridding. Before I go on, just let me say that I would think no one thats part of WRS would take to such tactics, but the fact remains that the possibility and temptation is still there. I spent all day yesterday investigating 3 different hybridding apps. and it is possible to hybrid and run in these events in Practice Mode without anyone being none the wiser.....if you know what you are doing without making it blatantly obvious. I can guarantee you that I could hybrid this Civic in a way that would be undetectable and still gain me spots on the leaderboard. Like I said, I would like to think that no one here would resort to that type of cheating, but it is still possible which makes me have second thoughts on running these events in Practice mode. With the recent hybridding, I just feel more comfortable running these events in Arcade mode. Don't mean to offend anyone here, this is just my thoughts and concerns in running these events in Practice mode.

I know where you're coming from Mitch. I had a look at NGU today and it made me quite sad. The extent of the reverse engineering is massive and the entire codebase seems open to abuse. One thing - I think the TT's are safe as it's the only place PD/Sony are monitoring, and the resultant bans seem to occur regardless of the hacker's placement, suggesting that PD/Sony can see the hack automatically.
I'm glad we have WRS - a hack-free haven in these stormy seas.

I hope not, that would explain why i am so slow:lol::lol:

No, pretty clear it was a joke;)

@mitch: understandable, but would be sad to quit something you like just for a 'possibility'.
Since the names on the leaderboard are more or less the same, i think chances are pretty small of cheating here.

Never said I was going to out right quit. Just having reservations, second thoughts if you will, about running Practice mode events.

@Clive: Then you know exactly where I'm coming from on this subject.

I remember week 46, in particular, I remember being pants at sector 1...... De ja vu? ;)

Thanks for the setup Chris. Have you tried a six-pot? I might give it a whirl.....

Don't be ridiculous Mitch, I'm having a laugh. Sometimes mate you really are a little over-sensitive. I'm making light of your concerns - not the same as ridiculing you for them is it? :)
Thanks for the setup Chris. Have you tried a six-pot? I might give it a whirl.....
Six-pot? That would usually be a reference to the number of brake caliper pistons but I don't think that's what you mean in this instance... I fear the meaning may have evaded me... :dunce:

Ya, not a shot at you mitch, he's just messing around. I too have thought that someone could cheat with these hybrids but I'd like to think people here are above that and someone would catch on anyway. There was a guy suspected of cheating when I first signed up for the WRS and he was banned. I'm 45 years old and if I have to cheat on some video game just to jump a few spots on the leader board thats just sad, I wouldn't touch a hybrid with a ten foot pole not even for "fun". I've been getting faster doing these TTs and you have helped me by pushing me to do my best. I hope to make D3 soon if I can keep improving. I need to sign up for some online races too because the AI sucks and public lobbys are hit and miss.

I'll be in this week but i'm going to hit the F40 one more time to see if I can put it all together.

Really having some reservations about running anymore of these events outside of Arcade mode events. The reason is simple...hybridding. Before I go on, just let me say that I would think no one thats part of WRS would take to such tactics, but the fact remains that the possibility and temptation is still there. I spent all day yesturday investigating 3 different hybridding apps. and it is possible to hybrid and run in these events in Practice Mode without anyone being none the wiser.....if you know what you are doing without making it blatently obvious. I can guarrantee you that I could hybrid this Civic in a way that would be undetectable and still gain me spots on the leaderboard. Like I said, I would like to think that no one here would resort to that type of cheating, but it is still possible which makes me have second thoughts on running these events in Practice mode. With the recent hybridding, I just feel more comfortable running these events in Arcade mode. Don't mean to offend anyone here, this is just my thoughts and concerns in running these events in Practice mode.

With the recent message about cracking down on hybriding from PD, I think this is a really slim chance. When I say 'you' here, I mean someone who would have your same intentions, fyi. Who knows if when you do eventually pop online and have just one hybrid car, that the PD server isn't going to look at your garage. Or maybe the next update will install a check every time the game loads to check for hybrids. You may think, oh okay, I'll have a 'hybrid' account, well that account will be in violation of the WRS terms as times must be submitted in your WRS registered account.

But, since you made such a post, everyone will be looking at your every move on the leaderboard. Not out of disbelief, just curiousity. The WRS is a pretty close niche group and more or less knows each others abilities, so if someone randomly breaks their handicap wide open, it will be obvious.

The alternative to that so it's 'undetectable' would be to gain just a few tenths. Well instead of wasting your time hybriding the car 'just right' so it is slightly faster, why not spend the seat time and actuallly become a better driver instead? Which is why were in the WRS in the first place. Then you won't risk your PSN ID, or your credibility in the WRS.

Jerome

Back