• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: City Circuits > Special Stage Route 5
  • Car Type: Standard available in the Online Car Dealer
  • Make: Japan > Toyota
  • Model: 2000GT '67
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 178 BHP (After Oil Change and Added Parts)
  • Weight: 953 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: All Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not allowed. No Stage upgrades or ECU Tuning (Verifiable by viewing tach redline in replay)
  • Intake Modifications: Allowed
  • Exhaust Modifications: Sports Exhaust Manifold allowed.
    Catalytic converter, Sports, Semi-Racing or Racing exhaust not allowed, verifiable by listening to car in replay and tach redline.
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not available
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD, Clutch, Flywheel, Driveline upgrades all allowed.
  • Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission Allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension Allowed
  • Aero Upgrades: NOT Allowed
  • Tyre Type: Sports Medium (S2)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
Stewards Comments:
Find this great car in the Online Car Dealer. The goal was to keep it close to stock, with a little more grip for all the twists and turns on this great classic track. Redline on the tach should be exactly 7k after the parts above are added.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All surfaces are Track

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not 'Save Replay'.
  • To view your best lap replays, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While in the 'Replay Theater' you can view your total Oval lap time in the replay summary.
  • While Viewing Your Road Course Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times.
  • To post your T1 and T2 splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

SpecialStageRoute5_13_zps7c3eac33.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total lap time

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
Number of Splits: 2
The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

SpecialStageRoute5_7_zps61f736c2.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 113 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 22nd 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

SpecialStageRoute5_4_zps605a14cc.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
I actually only bought this car from the OCD last night and found it a blast. This should be fun. :)

Hmm.. i'm only getting 176 bhp, with engine overhaul, oil change & added parts... think mines got like 38,000 miles on the clock

@Chris - Is it '67 or is it '69? Not to be a nitpicker but I'm thinking I missed something somewhere? And I'd love a ready tuned chrome one if it's still on offer ;)

Hmm.. i'm only getting 176 bhp, with engine overhaul, oil change & added parts... think mines got like 38,000 miles on the clock

You could try rebuilding your engine if it shows an HP increase in GT auto.

Edit: Jeezus - I'll have to start reading before I write eh?

Last edited:
Just too many miles on it I guess...

Yeah its '67 Alan - a compounded typo by me. :dunce: Add me on PSN and I'll send you one, no worries. 👍

5 laps with the DS3, car is fun and drives really nicely with the pad :-)

Will get the full rig out another day for a session!

Yeah its '67 Alan - a compounded typo by me. :dunce: Add me on PSN and I'll send you one, no worries. 👍

Nice car - and nice soundtrack on your nice video! 👍 I can just imagine the street lights reflecting in it as I check my replays!

I seem to be Mr. Middle of the Pack according to my results so far in the WRS TT's - here are some splits to beat using GTP_Mike's tune from the 400PP World Compact Car seasonal:

Using Chris's Ready-tuned car:

Using Chris's posted tune:
37.777 37.805
28.093 28.083

Last edited:
Wow after the high revving brick the Toyota is so sweet.

38.609 38.418
28.266 28.439

Last edited:
Maybe i'll give it a shot even if it's a tuned combo then...

Yeah definitely give it a try, I'm way out of whack with a pad these days but it was really easy to drive and suits the track.

Man I love this car. Not so hot at SSR5 usually (better in reverse) but I'll give it a good go...

First time TT'ing here, so I don't really know the best ways round some of the corners. But I'm finding faster ways the more I do it.

First splits:

Not having any more fun with the Civic, so I thought I'd give this a go. And I don't think it's much better, really. The car is pretty, but not that easy to drive.

Last edited:
Nice, but seems to bog down a bit. Might post some time later, still slower than heck.

All parts added and oil changed. Have not touched the tuning yet so this is my baseline.

One easy question. Are the White Hash Marks considered Runoff Area? Ok, I am assuming they are "Ripple Strips"-----HUH? :confused:

Last edited:
This car was GT4 special event#11 New York City I think? Drove me nuts but I love the car.

Did some reading:

Why was the Bond car open-topped? because Sean Connery was too tall for the coupé! The two Bond cars were the only open-topped versions made.
351 production cars were built - by Yamaha - and were mostly white or red - but I saw a yellow one too.
Carol Shelby built 3 2000GT's and competed in the US in 1968. Toyota won the Fuji 24hr with it in 1967 - and just for you Chris:
Wikipedia
In 1969, the front was modified slightly, making the driving lamps smaller and changing the shape of the turn signals. The rear turn signals were enlarged at the same time, and some alterations were made to modernise the interior. The last few vehicles were fitted with air conditioning and had automatic transmission as an option.

Since all we have is a standard, this is what it looked like inside:
picture.php

Here's a collection of 450 'Old Toyota Pictures' on Flickr, a 2000GT dedicated site (Google Translate is your friend n'est'pas?). It's even got a Facebook page and to put the cherry on the cake, here's a page advertising an event in Japan in December 2011 where you could book a 20 minute passenger ride, buy a '2000GT latte', a '2000GT Time Trial' meal and chat with one of the original development engineers at the Toyota Theme Park
- I use Chrome which does the Google translate thing automatically.

This is probably the definitive US 2000GT collector (click on image):

Last edited:
Maybe i'll give it a shot even if it's a tuned combo then...

From my experience on the pad, tuned combo's are actually more beneficial. The main place that wheel users are better at then the pad is hairpins/slow corners, as the pad just can't get the same lock as the wheel. But with tuning, you can play around with the settings to make the car have more oversteer, which will then put you on more of an even playing field as the wheel.

Back