anyone playing league of legends?

• Thread starter swann35
  • 48 comments
Sorry to bump an old thread but one of my friends is addicted to this game. I thought about busting out my PC to check it out. I have not PC gamed in a LONG time.

I played for a while, but games are too long for me, I lost interest. There are some good friends of mine who actually play a lot. And I really mean a A LOT! Even a girl from my class plays it. Sometime in the summer holiday might restart.

Well I did indeed finally decide to play this over the weekend. Its a fairly fun game especially for free.

Not sure how to take screenshots in this game. Every time I try to take a screenshot, it takes a pic of the desktop.

So I used my camera and took a couple pics.
IMG_20140308_124536.jpg
IMG_20140308_112504.jpg
IMG_20140308_160216.jpg
IMG_20140308_150239.jpg
IMG_20140308_123616.jpg

I tried getting in to it some months ago so that I could play with a friend in the Netherlands, but I was just awful.

I was okay with minions and turrets, but when another champion came along I was toast; never won against them. So I gave up. :P

I only play against bots. Not that interested in playing against real people.

I bought a new mouse that will make it even better for this game. I wont need the keyboard AT ALL. :)

I played 2 more games last night this time using my new mouse. I was able to program most of the buttons but some I couldn't. Which seemed strange. However on my 2nd game I was able to get 75 kills!!! My previous record was 37. :D

This is like the most popular game on the PC, aside from Minecraft I think it's the most played game across all platforms.. With that said I haven't given it a try, it just looks like a Warcraft 3 minigame to me. I tried the Steam version (Dota 2) and couldn't get into it.

I don't quite get how the game has become such a massive hit.

This is like the most popular game on the PC, aside from Minecraft I think it's the most played game across all platforms.. With that said I haven't given it a try, it just looks like a Warcraft 3 minigame to me. I tried the Steam version (Dota 2) and couldn't get into it.

I don't quite get how the game has become such a massive hit.
I think its okay with friends in short bursts. By myself I find it insanely boring. I am not sure how people are so addicted to it. I think this game only has 3 maps and seems insanely repetitive. I will play it once in a while with my friend but that's really about it. And only against bots. I have no interest in playing against real people. The community seems terrible. I avoid reading the chat box because its most negative. So I just play, and ignore it.

just read that 1000 gamers pulled in $20K for the LOL pro's medical bills.
Really?

I play this and SWTOR from time to time, I too found it extremely singular and boring when I first started and thus stopped for a while, then came back and got much better. I think once you get the hang of it and play the different champions you enjoy it especially if you get good with a different selection of them. To me the game is like a chess match that you rely on your team to win and must play to your champion or you'll lose. With that said the community for most MMOs is horrid and people rather troll and give you crap than actually make the experience welcoming.

Riot servers have to be some of the worst in the world, there is constant lag even when my net is as clear as can be and you'd think with it being so popular and having international tournaments they'd update...

My friend got pissed off at the game because he was bad. I told him to use the damn keyboard but instead he decided to use the hot-keys on his mouse making him just horrid. He quit the game because it was just too much for his simple run of the mill shooter mind..

I got into this game after watching a gameplay. I decided to just give it a try and I didn't use tutorials or anything like I usually do. I never really did bad on the game but after a few games I learned everything you had to do and I've been fairly good ever since. I don't follow this game very much although it's really fun, and I play it a few times a week. The community can sometimes be horrible.

Now that I have a new 13 button mouse, I have actually started playing this game more. Finally saved up enough in game credits to get my first character. Heimerdinger. They call him the "Donger" :lol:

Couple pics from my first few times using him. Now one of my favorite characters. Actually managed to kill 9 champions with him in one of my first games!

Not sure what the 112 minutes and 148 minutes means. The matches did not go that long. Maybe that's my total play time with the game?

IMG_20140625_203552.jpg

IMG_20140625_195305.jpg

Killed 148 minions this game.

About 6 matches of LoL and then just quit. Dota 2 was so boring I quit in the middle of tutorial. Besides it doesn't change the fact that the matches are not for me.

Well I thought the same thing at first too so that's why I ask because I'm know where you're coming from...

Read my first post in here and you'll see I even quit myself.

I see you're still playing AI battles still @CAMAROBOY69
I have a good time playing against the bots. Perfect way for me to check out the random characters and to get the hang of the game. I plan to check out playing against real people in the near future. However I still refuse to read the text box in the lower left. If the experience gets too bad against real people then I will just keep playing with bots. I like the new Heimerdinger "Donger" character a lot. I have a lot of fun with him. Just perfect for my play style.

I have a good time playing against the bots. Perfect way for me to check out the random characters and to get the hang of the game. I plan to check out playing against real people in the near future. However I still refuse to read the text box in the lower left. If the experience gets too bad against real people then I will just keep playing with bots. I like the new Heimerdinger "Donger" character a lot. I have a lot of fun with him. Just perfect for my play style.

That's fine, I too don't care for the rude people, but any mmo, or multiplayer game where you have to work as a team to get the job done does mean communication will be involved. Thus the text box works better at times than the pings themselves. Also you wont be able to play pre-10 level in normal pvp. So for now you'll have to do bot because I just noticed you're only lvl 8.

Also if you want tips on how to play a character I can help you. As you can see from the bit I posted me and twitch carried the game with me more so because I wasn't killed more than once.

Back