• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Japan > Mines
  • Model: BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base '06

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 591 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1340 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Concrete, Cobbles and other surfaces found outside of rumble strips are not part of the track.

Steward's Comments:
This car is a favorite from the Prologue days, and nearly was used on a combo from that time. The high speed and wide open nature of Spa suits the car perfectly. Once you figure out your braking points and how to manage getting in and out of corners with this beast, it's a very rewarding drive.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 120 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, June 10th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Spa is one of my weaker tracks so hopefully I'll do well this week.

1'08.439

Ten laps done. This combo is brilliant, give it a try! The car handles superbly, nowhere near as understeery as as I expected.

Decent sector one and two on this lap, but chose the wrong gear through Blanchimont and lost about half a second, so not a great lap. Bruxelles is a little tricky and eau rouge is a bit hit and hope. I'm changing down and bouncing off the limiter through there in 4th as it seems the best way of making the first apex. Staying in 5th seems to shoot you off into red-clocksville

Edit
1'08.462

Loads of time to find in the monster second sector.

Last edited:
1'08.439

Ten laps done. This combo is brilliant, give it a try! The car handles superbly, nowhere near as understeery as as I expected.

Decent sector one and two on this lap, but chose the wrong gear through Blanchimont and lost about half a second, so not a great lap. Bruxelles is a little tricky and eau rouge is a bit hit and hope. I'm changing down and bouncing off the limiter through there in 4th as it seems the best way of making the first apex. Staying in 5th seems to shoot you off into red-clocksville

Edit
1'08.462

Loads of time to find in the monster second sector.

So far I can match that T1 when I hit the hill correctly but I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment about the understeer. :indiff: Either I'm driving it wrong or the green one has an "off-track" magnet built into the front end somewhere.... :odd:

Fun track though. The only time I've really spent on it apart from a few seasonal runs was the F1 week we did here. Much more intense that week I think. :D

Here are my first splits:

1:08.774

Really struggling to find any sort of consistency, definitely half a second to be found just by sectors alone.

So far I can match that T1 when I hit the hill correctly but I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment about the understeer. :indiff: Either I'm driving it wrong or the green one has an "off-track" magnet built into the front end somewhere.... :odd:

I was getting a bit of that when I started testing, and it's definitely a trait this car exhibits.

You just have to be really patient with throttle application. The car has 591 HP, if you try to put that back to the wheels too soon, it's going to run you off the track.

Make sure you adjust brake balance to a rear bias. I personally would start with something like 2/4.

And you are going to end up coasting a bit on entry for most corners. Not a technique that is often used on GT5, but one that's necessary to scoot this car around the track quickly.

The other thing to keep a close eye on is gear selection. If you are up one gear higher than you should be, the car pushes like mad. I found myself using 1st to get into the final chicane, as one example.

Past that, I'll stick to my guns that the track suits the car. The car might not be everyone's favorite to drive, but I can promise you that you can find worse tracks to put it to use on.

EDK
The other thing to keep a close eye on is gear selection. If you are up one gear higher than you should be, the car pushes like mad. I found myself using 1st to get into the final chicane, as one example.

I think this may be where I'm having trouble. I'll try bumping one more down where I'm getting caught and see what happens. Wasn't sure about the coasting bit either. Time to break out the patience this week! :D Thanks for the tips!

EDK
I was getting a bit of that when I started testing, and it's definitely a trait this car exhibits.

You just have to be really patient with throttle application. The car has 591 HP, if you try to put that back to the wheels too soon, it's going to run you off the track.

Make sure you adjust brake balance to a rear bias. I personally would start with something like 2/4.

And you are going to end up coasting a bit on entry for most corners. Not a technique that is often used on GT5, but one that's necessary to scoot this car around the track quickly.

Past that, I'll stick to my guns that the track suits the car. The car might not be everyone's favorite to drive, but I can promise you that you can find worse tracks to put it to use on.
I can get a decent T1, but T2 is terrible.

I can get a decent T1, but T2 is terrible.

T2 has all those coasting corners. :)

The technique is very specific. You want to brake on time, heavy/deep trail braking is not really advised in this case. When you stay on brakes as you turn in, the car tends to understeer that much more. Get all of your braking out of the way, release brake, aim the car and coast to the apex, and ease back into the throttle once you have gotten to apex. You are not easing on throttle for fear of oversteer, it's actually for fear of understeer. :P

As I mentioned, the other key is gear selection.

I was using 3rd gear for most of those corners. The exceptions -

Bruxelles, the downhill off camber right hairpin is 2nd and maybe even a blip to 1st.

Pouhon, high speed downhill left is 4th gear.

I sometimes had to use 2nd to get the car to turn in at Stavelot, the final right of the second sector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg

been on holiday for the last week, hence me vanishing off the radar. But im back now and looking forward to this combo.

Here are my initial splits:

1'08.804

had about 15 laps in total, all of them poor laps as a whole, but this was just an amazing t1 time had to post it. Plenty of time to gain in t2, 0.5 on my pb for s2, but even more there. t3 has some time too

not bad for the 1st night

-- my B/B 7/3

Last edited:
I raced this combo last night after work for a couple of hours and it is pretty damn cool 👍 Here's my best save splits...

1'07.555

Seen a 37.08x once and a few 37.1's but always managed to muck it up somewhere else in the lap :mad: my best 2nd split was 1'07.4xx, I'm gonna try again later and see if i can get them in 1 lap.

Here's a tip... brake and gear down to 2nd for turn 1 and tickle the handbrake when the line is right for a much faster speed down the hill towards eau rouge which i take in 5th gear simply lifting off the throttle with no brake and reapplying the throttle followed by carefully threading the needle up the hill.
I use the handbrake 4 times during the lap and it definitely makes life easier when you find the correct amount of pressure to apply for each bend, I cant name all the bends on spa sorry to say! but a rough description would be..
...I use the HB on turn 1, the right hand directly after t1, the tight right 3 turns before t2 and the 1st right of the final chicane.
If you understand that jibberish then bravo! 👍 :P

Good luck guys :cheers:

BB 4/5

Mr P. can you explain what you mean by the right pressure for the hand brake? I thought the hand brake was either on or off, meaning no way to regulate the amount of application.

Thanks, Al

I got a chance to try this combo tonight! Man I hate eau rouge!!!! :P

1'09.031

Last edited:
Mr P. can you explain what you mean by the right pressure for the hand brake? I thought the hand brake was either on or off, meaning no way to regulate the amount of application.

Thanks, Al

Hi Al,

I use a dfgt and if i just tickle the handbrake instead of a full press it can be used to swing the car quicker in the direction you want it to go instead of doing a full blown handbrake you can use it to push it that extra little bit to get round the turn quicker :)
I don't fully press the handbrake its more a tease like a minimal touch, just don't fully press it and experiment a few times and you will see what i mean hopefully 👍

GL with it :cheers:

Hi Al,

I use a dfgt and if i just tickle the handbrake instead of a full press it can be used to swing the car quicker in the direction you want it to go instead of doing a full blown handbrake you can use it to push it that extra little bit to get round the turn quicker :)
I don't fully press the handbrake its more a tease like a minimal touch, just don't fully press it and experiment a few times and you will see what i mean hopefully 👍

GL with it :cheers:

Thanks, I get it now. I wish there was a way to do the same on my G27. I love using my hand brake on my Mazda in the winter time!

Al

Thanks, I get it now. I wish there was a way to do the same on my G27. I love using my hand brake on my Mazda in the winter time!

Al

There is, you can change the buttons on the G27 in the setting menu. I assume you know that and mean something else with " I wish there was a way to do the same on my G27"

And you don't really need the handbrake in the first corner. I did a legal .2xx in T1 and a in game red time .1xx in T1 (was on the edge of being red). But it ain't easy to achieve those times

Fun thing to do in real life if there is enough space for it. Don't want to risk accidents :)

With the DFGT using the joy stick, you can actually regulate how much Hand Brake you can apply. With the G27, it is either on (100% application) or off (0% application). The varied application feature would not work with just a button.

Al

With the DFGT using the joy stick, you can actually regulate how much Hand Brake you can apply. With the G27, it is either on (100% application) or off (0% application). The varied application feature would not work with just a button.

Al

Ron uses a button as well. It's just the amount of pressure you press the button. Just a soft and gentle kiss on the button is enough.

I've tried once in a seasonal cos everybody was doing it, but it's not really my thing. GT is a racing sim not a rally sim imo.

EDIT:
And there for the handbrake should be prohibited in WRS imo

Last edited:
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Concrete, Cobbles and other surfaces found outside of rumble strips are not part of the track.

just a quick question, I think I know the answer but just want to clarify.

At Eau Rouge the 'track edge' is halfway across the rumble strips, a little strip of cobbles or something, if you go over halfway it reds your lap, however you are still on the rumble strip as it extends beyond the strip.. does it still count or is this dirty? Im guessing dirty and have been avoiding it, but just want clarification

just a quick question, I think I know the answer but just want to clarify.

At Eau Rouge the 'track edge' is halfway across the rumble strips, a little strip of cobbles or something, if you go over halfway it reds your lap, however you are still on the rumble strip as it extends beyond the strip.. does it still count or is this dirty? Im guessing dirty and have been avoiding it, but just want clarification

Yes consider it dirty. You have to send a replay when asked for it. With a red lap you can't save your fastest lap

Back