Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Road Course - Daytona
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed
  • Make: USA > Ford
  • Model: Mark IV Race Car '67

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 530 BHP (This is power with oil change after break-in.)
  • Weight: 1000 kg (stock) (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Weight Reductions: Not available
  • Engine Modifications: Not available
  • Intake Modifications: Not available
  • Exhaust Modifications: Titanium Racing Exhaust allowed (stock) All others not available
  • Turbo: Mid-range and High-range Turbos not allowed - Verifiable through Race Admin review of replays and on HUD
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Not allowed - Admin verifiable.
  • Drivetrain Modifications: Adjustable LSD allowed (stock) - Leave settings at stock 10/40/20. Admin verifiable.
  • Transmission: Full custom allowed (stock) - Leave settings at stock. Admin verifiable.
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension allowed (stock) - Leave settings at stock. Admin verifiable.
  • Aero Modifications: Stock 20 front / 45 rear is allowed - Leave settings at stock. Admin verifiable.
  • Tyre Type: Race Hard (R1)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional.
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Tarmac and Yellow Rumble Strips are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.

Steward's Comments:
Welcome to 1967. Ferrari's new 330 P4 won The 24 Hours of Daytona 1-2-3 that year, while the proven Ford GT40 Mk II's had to retire
due to gearbox issues. The GT40 Mk IV was then unveiled for Le Mans later that year and won it, with 330 P4's in 2nd and 3rd.
What if the Mk IV had been ready in time for Daytona? Hit the banks hard and rewrite history. ;)

Credit EDK with this fantastic stock combo. 👍

WRS-OnlineEvents and 3D3 Racing are chomping at the bit to run this one for our 2yr anniversary, a couple days after the deadline.

Viewing your T1, T2, & T3 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1, T2, & T3 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, T2, & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 133 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, September 9th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Why a race car with adjustable LSD , custom trans, customizable suspension.................... If you can't fix anything ?????:indiff:
Don't like the stock settings approach.👎 specially on a race car.

praiano63
Why a race car with adjustable LSD , custom trans, customizable suspension.................... If you can't fix anything ?????:indiff:

I believe it comes stock with everything adjustable. We just can't adjust it :)

I love this car, but I hate the track. :indiff: I'll do the best I can since I hope to one day reach my goal of being promoted to D1 gold.

Well, you are of course welcome to your opinion.

Our opinion is that PD did a poor job of representing the car selection in Arcade Mode. Now that we have the ability to detect the alteration of settings, we're taking advantage of that, by running more combos without tuning.

While tuning is an enjoyable aspect of the game for many, including myself, we also find that participation in a tuning event takes a greater time commitment, and generally results in lower participation than weeks that do not allow tuning.

No tuning events are more of a pure drivers event, with a focus on adjusting to the car, rather than adjusting the car to suit the track and your driving style.

We certainly will still run events with tuning. And as always, you are welcome to participate (or not participate) as you so choose.

That said, I don't go posting in your thread giving you the 👎 for your decisions.

So it would be nice if you would still treat our efforts with the same respect.

I'll set the ball rolling for this one, here's my best effort after just 5 laps:

Man I love this car. To be honest Praiano, running this stock leaves me with a taste of what a handful driving a car like this must have been back in the day.... Its a challenge but to be honest, its supposed to be. You can't sanitize a motor like this; disrespect it and it'll kick your ass. :P

A bit rusty at Daytona. Back in Prologue I did more laps round here than anywhere else but in GT5 I've not done but more than a handful of laps, most of them in the Summer of '69 :sly: Anyway, 5 lap run in for me too:

Cash or cheque Gayle? 👍

Wow, this looks like a serious challenge with stock setup, that lsd looks like a handful.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but, I'm glad we're not at le sarthe, I'd much rather be at Daytona. I tend to lose interest after about two minutes per lap.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but, I'm glad we're not at le sarthe, I'd much rather be at Daytona. I tend to lose interest after about two minutes per lap.
It's a popular opinion with me. ;)

It looks like I am going to have to learn turn 1 on this track. This will be a challenge as I have only run this course in completing the game against AIs and seasonals. I like when a course that I really know nothing about the correct way to drive it, is chosen.

My first splits, Chris must be tuning his car. :sly:

Using BB 4/1.

EDK

Our opinion is that PD did a poor job of representing the car selection in Arcade Mode. Now that we have the ability to detect the alteration of settings, we're taking advantage of that, by running more combos without tuning.

While tuning is an enjoyable aspect of the game for many, including myself, we also find that participation in a tuning event takes a greater time commitment, and generally results in lower participation than weeks that do not allow tuning.

No tuning events are more of a pure drivers event, with a focus on adjusting to the car, rather than adjusting the car to suit the track and your driving style.

We certainly will still run events with tuning. And as always, you are welcome to participate (or not participate) as you so choose.

That said, I don't go posting in your thread giving you the 👎 for your decisions.

First you say this.

After ,this !! I don't see any disrespect in my opinion !!!! Where ??

I didn't knew that this were YOUR thread or the thread of a very little few.

I really think that the " GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials" is a bit dictatorial looking for example at the answer made to cargorat 2 weeks ago. THIS is YES a disrespect . Like a "shut up, if you don't like it like this..........."

Ok , no problems , i'm not feeling good anyway like this. So i'll let you play alone with the "king court", i'm not a "subject", i'm a free man and i'll ever express with education my opinion.
Sorry if you don't like other's opinion.

I'm out of GTP........ ,have fun everybody and have a good day.

EDIT: I'll accept any kind of opinion or subjections in my garage, like i always did.

Man I love this car. To be honest Praiano, running this stock leaves me with a taste of what a handful driving a car like this must have been back in the day.... Its a challenge but to be honest, its supposed to be. You can't sanitize a motor like this; disrespect it and it'll kick your ass. :P

Ironically, the GT MkIV is described by Dan Gurney as very comfortable and almost like a road car in the way it drove. It was the Ferrari that was the handful, it didn't even have a synchromesh gearbox! 👍

Looking forward to getting stuck into this one, not my favourite track choice, plus I'm used to maxing the aero when driving here, but the car sure makes up for that :D (EDIT: Having said that, I'm used to driving this on SS tyres, so hopefully that'll balance the lower aero out.)

EDIT:
Dan Gurney in an article for R&T Magazine
Not surprisingly, the V-8 had great user-friendly torque, not like a light flywheel engine, but smooth and strong like a regular street car, which made it easy to drive in a long-distance race.

Steering was easy too, and overall the Mk IV was a good driver package. And thinking back about the GT-40 Mk IV, the thing that comes back—an this might sound odd—is that it was a comfortable car, much closer to a road car than most competition machines. Several years after we won, I had the opportunity to drive the Le Mans-winning car in an exhibition. I had spent 12-13 hours in the car in 1967, and now, just a few years on, it was again a comfortable, perfect fit, like an old shoe. The Mk IV would have been a great car for the Cannonball.

Last edited:
I'm out of GTP........ ,have fun everybody and have a good day.
You just ignored Kevin's actual explanation in favour of a dummy-toss... Good call. Not sure why the concept of a level playing field is so strange but, you know, enjoy your self-imposed exile. The rest of us will still be here, breaking rocks, in GTP's concentration camp.
Ironically, the GT MkIV is described by Dan Gurney as very comfortable and almost like a road car in the way it drove. It was the Ferrari that was the handful, it didn't even have a synchromesh gearbox! 👍
:P Its all relative of course. I wouldn't expect a 200mph, 530hp Le mans car on 1960s rubber to be an easy ride, however comfortable it is.... the Ferrari F40 is a road car too... and racing drivers are a strange breed. The fastest thing I've raced is a Honda VFR400RR (NC30) and the fastest road car I've driven was a twin-turbo conversion Sierra XR4x4 so, you know, I think the Mark IV was probably a bit of a handful. :sly:
EDK
My first splits, Chris must be tuning his car. :sly:
Dammit! :P BB 5/3 but very careful trail braking to avoid the lock-up-and-spin.

:P Its all relative of course. I wouldn't expect a 200mph, 530hp Le mans car on 1960s rubber to be an easy ride, however comfortable it is.... the Ferrari F40 is a road car too... and racing drivers are a strange breed. The fastest thing I've raced is a Honda VFR400RR (NC30) and the fastest road car I've driven was a twin-turbo conversion Sierra XR4x4 so, you know, I think the Mark IV was probably a bit of a handful. :sly:

Of course, but in comparison to it's competitors it was obviously a relatively easy drive- of course that's a racing driver's view as you say.

There's another article where an ordinary motoring journalist drives J6 and he states:

"I probably hit no more than 130 mph on Lime Rock’s front straight. Those drivers who went 220 in this car back in ’67—at night and in traffic—had seriously big you-know-whats."

👍

In other news I totally forgot that I don't have this car on my GTP account... :ouch: I'll probably just change my user name on my main account and not sign into PSN if that's allowed?

I'll do this , i already do !!!
Yes I'm sure you do. The point is, the rest of us enjoy the WRS... and without stamping our feet and complaining that Kevin is an evil dictator. If you don't like it, piss off somewhere else; kicking up a fuss just makes you look petulant and infantile. Have you even tried the car stock or was moaning your opening gambit?
In other news I totally forgot that I don't have this car on my GTP account... :ouch: I'll probably just change my user name on my main account and not sign into PSN if that's allowed?
Yes of course, that's the best way to do it. 👍

New splits:

Lost 2 tenths in sector 1 but a good run through the bus-stop. This car is a riot in stock trim. 👍

Yes of course, that's the best way to do it. 👍

Thanks, glad because it means I don't have to grind the seasonals for 2 days losing time to drive this awesome combo. :D

First Splits:

Pretty close to my best S1, have had .7 in S2 and pretty much spot on with my best S3. Slightly catious on the run through the bus stop though.

Using BB 4-1 ABS0. 👍

Will give it another shot tomorrow- feeling a bit off today. :indiff:

Thanks, glad because it means I don't have to grind the seasonals for 2 days losing time to drive this awesome combo. :D

FYI we posted a thread over a week ago with advanced notice about obtaining the car (on phone, cant link). We still have '67 tickets that can be used if you "cycle them" rather than grinding.

And eclipsee linked in a thread explaining how to earn $20m in one hour.

You can win 20 million credits in less than one hour doing this, or 10 millions in less than 30 minutes, simple maths. :D

But if you have no plan to race online with us your solution works.

Ps. Great combo stock. I tested it (as did Lucas) prior to it going live and it got my 100% stamp of "awesomeness". Thx Kev! It is so good we are proud to feature it for our 2 year online anniversary event (tuning prohibited in case you are wondering. :sly:).

FYI we posted a thread over a week ago with advanced notice about obtaining the car (on phone, cant link). We still have '67 tickets that can be used if you "cycle them" rather than grinding.

And eclipsee linked in a thread explaining how to earn $20m in one hour. But if you have no plan to race online with us your solution works.

Ps. Great combo stock. I tested it (as did Lucas) prior to it going live and it got my 100% stamp of "awesomeness". Thx Kev! It is so good we are proud to feature it for our 2 year online anniversary event (tuning prohibited in case you are wondering. :sly:).

I know, I even commented in the thread. I just never clocked that I don't have it on my GTP account until this morning. :dunce: :lol:

Problem with Eclipsee's method is I haven't logged into my GTP account for days, so there'd be no bonus. And as you say, since I only plan on doing the TT, just renaming my user is the fastest way. 👍

First you say this.

After ,this !! I don't see any disrespect in my opinion !!!! Where ??

Your posting style reflects a lack of respect, in my opinion. If I came into your tuning thread, and said, "This car understeers too much for my taste, so I adjusted the ride height to make it suit my style.", that would be a respectful statement of my opinion.

If I came in and said, "I don't get it. Why would you make a tune that makes this car understeer so much? It's total crap! 👎 "

That would be a disrespectful statement of my opinion.

I didn't knew that this were YOUR thread or the thread of a very little few.

I personally have dedicated a significant amount of my valuable time toward these time trials for the past 4 years. We have a staff of race admins who do the same. Yes, this is the official GTP organized event. But without people, and effort for those people, it just doesn't work. In that sense, it's my thread, or our thread.

It of course ultimately belongs to the community, but the feedback is directed at us. That feedback is positive, for the most part. And people saying, "I don't like this track" is not a big deal to me, as that's still a respectful statement of their opinion. If they said, "Why would you choose this track? It's a horrible choice". I would take exception.

I really think that the " GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials" is a bit dictatorial looking for example at the answer made to cargorat 2 weeks ago. THIS is YES a disrespect . Like a "shut up, if you don't like it like this..........."

This reply?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8736464#post8736464

I'm not a fan of propaganda against an event being posted in the thread. It's all a matter of how you go about it. I personally don't like it when people make broad, sweeping statements that call the quality of the combo that I selected into question.

It seemed to me that it was an uninformed opinion, so I provided information. And I also reacted to the tone of the post.

After that, all Mitch did was participate in the event and take second place in his division. In my view, my post (And the posts of others reacting to the same comments) was effective in gaining participation for the event, which is always my ultimate goal.

Ok , no problems , i'm not feeling good anyway like this. So i'll let you play alone with the "king court", i'm not a "subject", i'm a free man and i'll ever express with education my opinion.
Sorry if you don't like other's opinion.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. Way to react, there. :rolleyes:

Sector 1 - 27.597​

Youtube masterclass]​

Changed BB to 3/1

Just out of interest, are we allowed four wheels over the line coming out the hairpin? Didn't see it in the OP and normally I'd PM you on it Chris rather than what amounts to calling you out publicly, but I'm just posting here in the interests of informing all 👍

Admins? (sorry Kev, we're keeping you busy this morning aren't we :sly:)

Just out of interest, are we allowed four wheels over the line coming out the hairpin? Didn't see it in the OP and normally I'd PM you on it Chris rather than what amounts to calling you out publicly, but I'm just posting here in the interests of informing all 👍

Admins? (sorry Kev, we're keeping you busy this morning aren't we :sly:)
We've been allowed to use that area in the past so I just assumed. No harm in asking Jon. 👍

All hard surfaces are track, line rules are not in play this week.

Back