Road Course - Indy_1_small.jpg

Indy - Road Course

Road Course - Indy_5_small.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Indy - Road Course
  • Car Type: Premium - No Tuning or Added Parts Allowed (admin verifiable) - Paint and Custom Wheels Allowed
  • Make: UK > McLaren
  • Model: F1 '94

Vehicle Specifics:

oat6iu.jpg

• Power: 658 BHP (Fully broken-in power)
  • Weight: 1140 kg (Stock. No weight reductions or ballast allowed)
  • Added Tuning Parts: Not Allowed
    • This includes aero parts from GT Auto, chassis reinforcement, weight reductions, engine upgrades, drivetrain parts, exhaust upgrades, intake parts, turbos, transmission changes or suspension changes.
    • We have developed an automated means of verifying car specs, and any racers found to have made any illegal changes will be DQ'd from this event, and subject to disciplinary action.
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Paint and Custom wheels: Allowed
  • Transmission: Manual (MT) or Automatic (AT)
  • Tyre Type: Racing Hard (R1)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Other Aids (Driving Line, Traction Control, Active Steering, ASM and ABS): Optional
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Depletion: OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • In Event (R/A) Tuning Settings (Brake Balance): Optional

Road Course - Indy_4_small.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • 2 Wheels on or above the track at all times.
  • Tarmac and Rumbles (both Blue-n-white and Black-n-white) are Track.
  • The concrete surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not Track.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on tarmac or rumble strips will be DQ'd.
  • The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If you do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

The Concrete and Painted Concrete Surface Outside the Rumble Strip at Turn 7 (Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_6.jpg

Concrete Outside of the White Boundary Line on the Straight between Turns 7 and 8 (Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy_7.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 8 (Trackside Left)

RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

Concrete Inside the Rumble Strip at Turn 11 (Trackside Right)

Steward's Comments:
We couldn't let GT5 end without doing a time trial with this legendary car. The Racing Hard tires will make it a little less lethal, and by a little we mean barely. Summon your courage, muster your bravery, give it your all on this 2nd-to-last GT5 WRS Time Trial! :cheers:

Viewing Your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

Road Course - Indy_7_small.jpg

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Road Course - Indy_8_small.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• T1, T2 & T3 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 3

Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 144 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 25th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:
Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Road Course - Indy_9_small.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Can he even see over the dash?

I think you need to get a taller driver. ;)

I know small guys are all the rage, but I hear Hulkenberg is available.

Aren't they all around the same height? :lol: And I don't know what's up with the spiral design on the helmet, it should look like this, which is what I've been wearing since right before the World Cup in August:

n%C3%BCrburgring-gp_f_3_small-jpg.82519

Thanks for putting this event up a day early. I hit my peak early in the week on 'Pretty in Pink', and can't get close to my best time any more. I had some time last night, and instead of trying anymore LFA, I started practicing for next week's racing finale. I don't think I have ever driven this car, so nice to do something brand new to me.

I don't think I've ever been the first one on the board before... thought I'd do it once before the end of GT5... :dopey:

Car not broken in yet.

ps: wrong circuit picture on the LB

--------------------

Last edited:
Nice combo. I'll have to give the LFA one last go before I move on to here. :)

Yeah short shifting from 1st to 2nd in the traction zones is the way to go. 👍 Nice start there too.

Gave it a quick 10 laps with a part run in but un-tuned F1 I had lying around... 140 miles on it = 652bhp. Strange feel with the racing tyres but I think it works. The temptation is to just thrash it but I'm not sure which approach to take just yet. Some splits for now anyway:

Plenty to find I think and a few more hp to go too. Good fun braving it out with this beast. 👍

Had a little cheeky go, Full Break in, loving the tail happiness! 👍 The little wing air brake is cool aswell!

Tired of running seasonals already so gave this one a try, really fun to drive.

These were done at 652 hp. bb5/7

Ran 90 miles and here are my splits so far. How far until a full break in? Still about 11hp to go for full break in.

BB 8/7

First splits. Need to work on sector 1 more.

Very tricky, but fun. 👍

First splits.

First go with Baron's BB (5/7):

Still pretty cautious. :scared:

Seems I am having a very bad time in sector 3 and I don't see where it is :confused:.

Keep on rockin' Al 👍 We don't see you as often these days, it seems...

Gained a lot in T4, 0.2s at the line. Tried to improve last night, couldn't. I was finally able to do it tonight by using 1st gear only sparsely. Changed my BB to 4/6, ABS 1. Let me try Baron's 5/7 now.

Fun car to try and tame! Don't get much time to race these days. The streak is still going though!!!!! B/B 8/7

Al

Another 0.1s on the lap. I think I brake too late at a whole bunch of places, got to work on that.

Another 0.1s on the lap. I think I brake too late at a whole bunch of places, got to work on that.

👍 Your T2 and T3 are both better than mine, so I'd say you're doing alright. 👍

I'm not sure if you use the driving line, but I'm not. For a turn 1 brakepoint, I look at the cameras on the wall to the left.
One goes by, and then when the 2nd one gets close enough to actually tell it's a camera (about 3-4 car-lengths), brake
hard, but not a floored-brake (which I learned last week...95% maybe).

Back