• 1,233 comments

Bo

Disturbing Member
Premium
United Kingdom
Liverpool
CARBOYXJR
The one place on GTP to match colours from real life to GT6

Now with a summary of the most important/prominent requests from the first few pages, with more to follow:

Verde Miura - Fantasiagrun" (VW Lupo 1.4 '02)

Gold wheels - Austin Yellow (BMW M4)

Viper Green (Scirocco) - Spirited Green Metallic (Mazda Demio Sport '10)

Macademia Metallic (Porsche) - Mocha Brown Pearl (S4 '98)

TAKATA green - Aztec Green Pearl (Honda BEAT Version F '92)

Polestar blue - Azzuro (Stratos '73)

"Tic-Tac" green - Fresh Green (Lexus LFA '10)

Alien Green (Clio RS) - Mist Green (Lexus LFA '10)

Rosso Tristrato/Fuoco (458) - Competizione Red (Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08)

McLaren Orange - Papaya Orange('03Audi TT coupe 3.2 quattro)

Spirit Blue (Fiesta ST) - Blue Pearlescent (TVR Tamora)/Pacific Blue (Jaguar)​

Last edited:
Just like to start this thread for anyone who is trying to match colours from IRL to the game, for example if someone is trying to recreate a certain racing livery. First one I would like to post is this:
s1_1.jpg

Anybody know of a similar purple?
Yes , I'll look it up and post back think its a lotus colour

^The Plymouth purple may be a close match, and I'm pretty sure one of the BMW Zs comes in a similar shade.

If anyone's looking for a nice chocolate brown, buy the '74 Lancer in Aso Red

Ronda.jpg

I'm pretty sure one of the BMW Zs comes in a similar shade.
This is wrong lol

I bought the BMW 120 to get Nautikblau because I think it's the best to get that ubiquitous BMW dark blue (the others are too metallic). I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere but in the UK probably more than 50% of '90s/'00s BMWs are dark blue!

Ronda.jpg

Just like to start this thread for anyone who is trying to match colours from IRL to the game, for example if someone is trying to recreate a certain racing livery. First one I would like to post is this:
s1_1.jpg

The matte purple from GT5 would be close, if a little too lilac, but it's matte and probably very difficult to get hold of in GT6.

There's a Mini colour that might be close: Black Eye Purple (probably a touch too dark and too dependent on light direction).
Plus one vote for the Plymouth colour, too. In fact, muscles cars in general are probably a gold mine of interesting colours.

Try Capri Blue from the Ford Ka. :)

This is one from GT5, but it still holds true (as I imagine many will). If you want your Lamborghini Miura in proper "Verde Miura" lime green, try "Fantasiagrun" from the VW Lupo 1.4 '02.

phsUs4Zl.jpg

San Gimignano - Town Square (4)
by lonestranger Photos, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_7
by lonestranger Photos, on Flickr

That's a pretty good match, does anyone know any good metallic golds for the wheels on these Subaru Imprezas?

subaru_impreza_wrx_2006.jpg

Subaru_Impreza_22B_STi-Version.jpg

Also, are there any colours that match the "GT PASTELTONE"s in the following thread? I regret not purchasing the anniversary edition:banghead:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tabase-v-3-71-muscle-car-link-upd-3-6.228849/

Last edited:
... does anyone know any good metallic golds for the wheels on these Subaru Imprezas?

http://www.car-catalog.com/sports_cars/subaru_impreza_wrx_2006.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Subaru_Impreza_22B_STi-Version.jpg

Also, are there any colours that match the "GT PASTELTONE"s in the following thread? I regret not purchasing the anniversary edition:banghead:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tabase-v-3-71-muscle-car-link-upd-3-6.228849/

For golds, try Volvo 240 "Beige", Ferrari 512BB "Gold Poly", Corvette Stingray Convertible '69 "Riverside Gold", Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z '79 "Gold Metallic", and Mercedes C63 AMG "Sanidinbeige Metallic". I'm sure there's lots more out there, but of course I haven't tried everything.

Lexus LFA has a lot of nice pastel colors. None are quite the same as the GT PASTELONE shades, but there's some good ones. "Celeste" from the Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 is my favourite pastel blue.

For golds, try Volvo 240 "Beige", Ferrari 512BB "Gold Poly", Corvette Stingray Convertible '69 "Riverside Gold", Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z '79 "Gold Metallic", and Mercedes C63 AMG "Sanidinbeige Metallic". I'm sure there's lots more out there, but of course I haven't tried everything.

Lexus LFA has a lot of nice pastel colors. None are quite the same as the GT PASTELONE shades, but there's some good ones. "Celeste" from the Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66 is my favourite pastel blue.

👍 Thanks a lot! I will definitely check some of those out, oh and I found a green pastel-looking colour a while back which is called "Verde Gemma Metallizzato" which I acquired from the Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Twin Spark '02

Anybody know which car gives a paint chip like that? I know the RUF's have a color like that, but they give no paint chips if you buy them...

Attachments

• ueomachine.JPG
    ueomachine.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
Anybody know which car gives a paint chip like that? I know the RUF's have a color like that, but they give no paint chips if you buy them...

I found that French Blue from the '74 Triumph Spitfire 1500 (United Kingdom) works well, car only costs 17,200 Cr. as well. I'll post a picture of what it looks like on my Silvia

EDIT: Here it is, the colours match a lot better on my TV than it does in this picture.

12078190513_ee7d1c683e_h_d.jpg

Last edited:
I found that French Blue from the '74 Triumph Spitfire 1500 (United Kingdom) works well, car only costs 17,200 Cr. as well. I'll post a picture of what it looks like on my Silvia

EDIT: Here it is

12078190513_ee7d1c683e_h_d.jpg

Thank you, sir! i already searched about 2 hours in the dealership, haven't seen it.

This is my absolute favourite colour in GT5 & GT6. The Ford Mustangs Mach 1 '71, Boss 302 '13 & Shelby GT500 '13 all have a similar "Grabber Blue", but they don't give you a chip.

As Z41N_787B suggested:

Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74 - Cr. 17,200 - "French Blue" (click for more samples) is a good match:

Jaguar XKR-S - Cr. 175,000 - "French Racing Blue"

Lancia Stratos '73 - Cr. 375,000 - "Azzurro" on the left:

Lotus Elan S1 '62 - Cr.57,710 and Lotus Europa S2 '68 - Cr. 30,000 - "French Blue" (click for more samples):

Last edited:
If you know the name of a color this has been helpful to me a few times.
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/GT5_paints

I find that this excel document is much more useful since it allows me to sort and filter different paint types, manufacturers etc.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/gtpgt5colourdatabase_v1-8b-zip.76651/

I want to paint my scirocco viper green any ideas?
View attachment 103627

I think Spirited Green Metallic or Verde Ithaca would be good choices.

Verde Ithaca - Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 '09 - 385,000 Cr.

Spirited Green Metallic - Mazda Demio Sport '10 - 16,200 Cr.

EDIT: The colours look very similar in these pics but they didn't appear like this in-game. Spirited Green Metallic has more of a yellowy tint to it and is slightly darker than Verde Ithaca but here they look identical.

Verde Ithaca:
12087743074_ccaeb1e768_h_d.jpg

Spirited Green Metallic:

12087652553_d3e6517b5b_h_d.jpg

Last edited:
I want to paint my scirocco viper green any ideas?
View attachment 103627

I think Spirited Green Metallic or Verde Ithaca would be good choices.

Verde Ithaca - Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 '09 - 385,000 Cr.

Spirited Green Metallic - Mazda Demio Sport '10 - 16,200 Cr.

EDIT: The colours look very similar in these pics but they didn't appear like this in-game. Spirited Green Metallic has more of a yellowy tint to it and is slightly darker than Verde Ithaca but here they look identical.

Verde Ithaca:
12087743074_ccaeb1e768_h_d.jpg

Spirited Green Metallic:

12087652553_d3e6517b5b_h_d.jpg

I agree that Verde Ithaca is a good match, it's what I used in GT5 as well. I hadn't thought of the much more economical Demio. Anyway, if anyone wants more shots of a Verde Ithaca Scirocco, here are mine.

I agree that Verde Ithaca is a good match, it's what I used in GT5 as well. I hadn't thought of the much more economical Demio. Anyway, if anyone wants more shots of a Verde Ithaca Scirocco, here are mine.

Those are some good pics, although I think it (and probably every car) looks better with the standard hood over the painted carbon hood since the carbon one adds what looks like two clips on either side while I prefer the standard look or the other carbon fibre hood (unpainted).

does anyone know where i can find this UPS brown color? preferably on a cheap car
177016-640.jpg

You can't get any cheaper than free.

Range Rover Evoque - Cr. 60,000 - "Havana (Premium Metallic)/roof white" (shown above. The McLaren is in its original "Fire Black", but doesn't give you a chip). The Evoque is a prize car for completing the International A Licence. It might be too dark, though.

Also try

Mini Cooper S '11 - Cr. 30,300 - "Hot Chocolate"

Mini Cooper S Countryman - Cr. 34,500 - "Light Coffee"

Audi S4 '98 - Cr. 71,220 - "Mocha Brown Pearl" on my Beetle:

Last edited:
Back