Have you just moved from Forza to the GT series

• Thread starter Bee_Bee9
  • 77 comments
I'm in the process of jumping ship as we speak. I'll still play Forza 4 though.
What is GT6 like online?

Confusing if your looking for random races, scrolling through multiple lobbies to find information on where you want to go race, bit like the custom online races in Forza 4, difference seems to be Forza 4 had set races in different classes which scrolled through multiple tracks, I've been unable to find anything like that in GT6. Private lobbies are there, with not as much control as Forza, things like controlling power loss/tyre grip etc is not in GT6 I think. The lobbies do provide the ability to voice chat or text type, much better than resorting to sending pm's to each other. Probably not the best person to speak about online racing as apart from a handful of races in random lobbies when I got the game, I've tended to join in with private lobby sent up by guys who came from the GTP site.
Let us know if you do jump ship, have loads and loads of available places for peeps on my friendslist, thats the downside, move to the other game and no-one knows you :( see you around :)

I made the switch recently as well. IMO the Forza franchise has been heading in the wrong direction for some time. Combine a game that's going backwards as fast as it can with a 500 dollar console with little else to offer and there was just no way I was going to continue to support T10/MS. Day one customer for every Forza, most every DLC offered until FM4, multiple consoles and years and years of live. Unless Greenbucks gets replaced or suddenly remembers his original "vision" of being the best console simulation racer and beating GT they will not see another dime from me. But I suspect he's going to continue down this casual car culture graphics obsessed path he's on because he thinks it's making them more money. Except FM4 didn't sell as well as FM2....hmmm.

Loving GT6 though. Had short stint with GT5 and it got boring quick. Hoping the community update, with the car clubs, will also include a more comprehensive LB system to prevent boredom from setting in with GT6. That's all the game is lacking IMO. My hope is the friends LB's for the career licences are some kind of test for a larger system that includes leaderboards for all the career races and also a class/pp based hotlap boards.

Yes, played forza 4 quite a bit assist free, tag was KASABIAN and MXR PROMETHEUS, caught the end of GT5 and now enjoying GT6, just a shame I struggle with ABS off, never did with forza.

I've played both series quite a lot, most recently was playing Forza 4 but also played 3 and 2 as well as GT 4, 5P and 5

My tag on Forza is HBR Roadhog PSN would not allow the space so I just added a - where the space is on Forza

I would have probably picked up Forza 5 as well but no Fanatec support, less content, mandatory kinect and a big price tag rules that out

Interesting thread.

As someone who has barely ever touched an Xbox (all generations) and never played a Forza game, hearing these comparisons compounds my opinion that GT and Sony are the correct places to spend my wages.

There was always something unsavoury about MS, I can't put my finger on it though.
I think i felt Bill Gates had alot of the PC cornered, his arrival in the console world just felt greedy to me. And paying to play online? ......................👎.

Welcome to the GT series, your patience with PD will be rewarded, eventually, hopefully. Hope you don't miss Forza too much, or the rewind button :odd:.

I made the switch recently as well. IMO the Forza franchise has been heading in the wrong direction for some time. Combine a game that's going backwards as fast as it can with a 500 dollar console with little else to offer and there was just no way I was going to continue to support T10/MS. Day one customer for every Forza, most every DLC offered until FM4, multiple consoles and years and years of live. Unless Greenbucks gets replaced or suddenly remembers his original "vision" of being the best console simulation racer and beating GT they will not see another dime from me. But I suspect he's going to continue down this casual car culture graphics obsessed path he's on because he thinks it's making them more money. Except FM4 didn't sell as well as FM2....hmmm.

Loving GT6 though. Had short stint with GT5 and it got boring quick. Hoping the community update, with the car clubs, will also include a more comprehensive LB system to prevent boredom from setting in with GT6. That's all the game is lacking IMO. My hope is the friends LB's for the career licences are some kind of test for a larger system that includes leaderboards for all the career races and also a class/pp based hotlap boards.
I'm not sure how Dan gets a blame for this when Kazunori has that exact same mindset with the Premiums.
Interesting thread.

As someone who has barely ever touched an Xbox (all generations) and never played a Forza game, hearing these comparisons compounds my opinion that GT and Sony are the correct places to spend my wages.

There was always something unsavoury about MS, I can't put my finger on it though.
I think i felt Bill Gates had alot of the PC cornered, his arrival in the console world just felt greedy to me. And paying to play online? ......................👎.

Welcome to the GT series, your patience with PD will be rewarded, eventually, hopefully. Hope you don't miss Forza too much, or the rewind button :odd:.
This wasn't a Microsoft-unique thing, though. Several PC developers had done it before, and if I recall correctly, Sony does it now, too.

I'm making the switch. Dont want to buy a pricey next gen console, I thought it was a great time to finally get a ps3.

I am also pretty irritated my fanatec is not supported on xbox one. Also not happy with FM5s reduced cars list, no doubt so they can entice you into buying dlc packs..which I am sure many will be some of the cars that were already in FM4. I bought into the season passes on 4 and Horizon, but in the end was not that satisfied.

I've been a die hard Forza fan since FM1, but I feel like ill be missing absolutely nothing by not getting FM5. I can't wait to get to playing GT6 in a couple days. Last one I played was GT4.

Played GT 1-4 on PS,PS2, then got bored of waiting for GT5 ,bought 360/FM2 back in october 2008 . Good times they were , but after playing 3 forzas to death I got kinda bored with no endurance ,same ol tracks with no day/night transition and some little things here and there. After X1 debacle , 720 .. etc and seeing direction in which FM headed I bought second hand ps3 & dfgt ,start of november. next day bought GT5academy edition and had a blast for a month . Now got #6 on december 6th and quite like It. Make me think It is good to switch things from time to time :D XBL:giga1111

I made switch back to gt just because im a little tired of forza 4 . I mostly dragrace on forza gt6 doesnt have a drag mode the street drag lobbys are cool overall gt6 is pretty cool.and if you dont mind street race i recommend it. I still play forza 4 my gt is bebe1718

Hi
I've played both GT and Forza over the years and kind of missed out on forza 4 as only played it for a short time due to Xbox issues.

I've taken part in all the GT Academy's and feel without doubt GT gives greater satisfaction with the feedback you get from using a steering wheel in the sense of accomplishment.

I have forza 5 and it looks Stunning and sounds awesome, saying that it plays and feels nice also.

But I can't help the fact I'm a GT fan and always will be. Forza kind of fills some fun time where I class GT as much more serious.

Can't wait for GT7 on PS4 seeing what the Xbox one next gen graphics can do with forza, its going to be out of the would...

Xbox one gamertag - GTurismo6 (:P)
PS3 - carmad

Feel free to add me :)

I'm not sure how Dan gets a blame for this when Kazunori has that exact same mindset with the Premiums.

Dan gets blamed because he deserves it. Yes, Kaz and every other developer wants the best graphics they can for their games. Difference is, Kaz has not gutted his game in the name of graphics as Turn 10 has. And I'm not just referring to FM5's low car and track count. It's a pattern of many things gone in the name of graphics and casuals over the years. Quite the opposite, Kaz is even willing to take the heat for the hated standards because evidently he thinks those cars bring value to the game. Which they do, especially with those of us who are concerned with racing as opposed to photomode or painting. Turn 10 will remove a whole track from it's game because they can't get their silly static never changing lighting system to work and the photomode won't look good. That's the difference.

The Fanatec issue had turned things sour for me for a start. Then the game finally released and we were confronted with nothing but bad news and complaints from long time players of the series. I have to admit, I felt gutted. Forza has been a huge part of my gaming life for over six years now. It was the reason I bought a 360 in the first place, as someone said above, I got pissed off waiting for GT5, and the PS3 cost an arm and a leg when it came out too.
I'd played Forza on my mates original Xbox and thought it did a reasonable impression of a GT game, so I bought a used copy and loved it. Forza 2 was a revelation to me. It was there that I tried online racing for the first time and the rest, they say, is history!
I'm going to skip Forza 5 entirely and let T10 rip off all the poor buggers who got duped into buying a Bone on day one with over priced content that should have been included in the game in the first place. Content that will have to be included on day one of Forza 6.
T10 have until then to win back my custom or I'll more than likely get a PS4 and GT7.
.net has gone downhill too. It used to be great craic once.
How did things go so wrong?!

Edit

XBL GT JOCKEYS I3LOX

Last edited:
Interesting thread.

You've actually missed out by never having played a Forza game man.
Like all those above I have played both from the start and feel all the better for it.
Forza 4 is a masterpiece. GT 1 and 3 where masterpieces in their day too.

Interesting thread.

Can also relate mate as I've never owned or played any xbox games.
Yeah,what the heck is with the "rewind button"???
That's just un-realistic and very arcadey IMO.
For those who've switched,welcome to GT.:)👍:)

Quite the opposite, Kaz is even willing to take the heat for the hated standards because evidently he thinks those cars bring value to the game. Which they do, especially with those of us who are concerned with racing as opposed to photomode or painting.

It can also be said that standard cars are a crutch until PD can muster up a decent selection of premium cars. Just saying. With the GT7 being on the PS4, I'm really eager to see its car list. I can tolerate standard cars in GT6, but IMO, they are a weakness, not a strength. To me, they just prove that PD needs more staff.

I finished Forza 2 and played some after. I finished Forza 3 and played it a lot. I almost lived on Forza 4 and played Horizon a lot. I'm divorced and retired, so I have plenty of time.

I was just thinking today how I feel sorry for the guys still in Forza. I don't want to read the Forza forum anymore because it's just sad. They need to recognize when something is done, and move on.

Personally, I have a lot of fun with GT6 driving dynamics. In Forza, any hint of tire slipping and your car slows down. GT6 is like real life. Cars don't really instantly drop 100 mph when driven in the dirt. In real life, you can actually break the tires loose and go faster.

I had a lot of fun with Forza, but MS seems bent on this path of destruction.

You will find my posts at JuiceMcGoose1 on the Forza forum.

Last edited:
GT4 - FM2 (the online stuff was EPIC) - GT5 - GT6. I still miss the online of FM2 dearly, but that wasn't enough to win me back after having a taste of GT. Did I mention the epic online races with FM2? No? Well, let me tell you a story ... (14 days later) ... And that's what I'm missing.

GT4 - FM2 (the online stuff was EPIC) - GT5 - GT6. I still miss the online of FM2 dearly, but that wasn't enough to win me back after having a taste of GT. Did I mention the epic online races with FM2? No? Well, let me tell you a story ... (14 days later) ... And that's what I'm missing.
+1 to that man.
For years I'd always wanted to compare myself against other racers playing GT. When I got broadband about six months or so into the life of Forza 2 and tried online for the first time I thought to myself, "I'll show these guys here what's what."
Yeah right! I got my ass handed to me. It took me ages, and joining .net to get my hands on some cars from the tuning garages there before I could hold my own or indeed bag my first win. Forza 2 was a golden time for me too.
Forza 3's online was fairly broken for a long time but it was still a great game.
Forza 4 brought back some of the golden times online.

I've never understood the mindset that you have to play one or the other. They're very different games with very different philosophies on what's important. I found no trouble switching between GT5 and FM4 every month just to keep each of them fresh. I ultimately stopped going to FM4 as I just prefer the GT physics and the driving physics are the most important thing to me, but I would have no problem playing FM5 now along side GT6...you know, if they hadn't of screwed us over with the lack of support for the Fanatec wheels.

+1 to that man.
For years I'd always wanted to compare myself against other racers playing GT. When I got broadband about six months or so into the life of Forza 2 and tried online for the first time I thought to myself, "I'll show these guys here what's what."
Yeah right! I got my ass handed to me. It took me ages, and joining .net to get my hands on some cars from the tuning garages there before I could hold my own or indeed bag my first win. Forza 2 was a golden time for me too.
Forza 3's online was fairly broken for a long time but it was still a great game.
Forza 4 brought back some of the golden times online.

Forza 2 was very very good, At first glance I thought it had good graphics and drove pretty well but not much content and short career [having played GT4] so I was not going to get it but then I went online and had a race around the ring in S class with some fast clean drivers who were friendly and cool, placed my order for a new 360 and Forza 2 that same day :)

I met lots of cool people on Forza 2 and raced almost every night for several months and continued to race often right up until Forza 3. I had such high hopes for Forza 3 and had the rug pulled out. No more tuning in lobbies, no more ability to create a public lobby, career leaderboards all gone, tournaments all gone, exhibition mode gone and suddenly you have to drive AWD to compete in almost every class, The once fun R4, R3, R2 classes now included super cars that can go 250+ mph but can't hold a corner and they totally nerfed the S7 and the GT40 as well as all the muscle cars.

I hated the hopper races and during the 2 years I played FM3 off and on I met maybe 2 new people who were cool to race with where in FM2 in half that time I met at least 50 - 100 about 30 of which where regulars and very good.

FM4 did several things better than 3 but still just not the same experience as FM2. Rivals mode was cool and they did fix the AWD issues but had other issues that were not in the previous titles.

I bought Horizon and tried to enjoy it but it went back to the store for credit with in a week,

I am liking GT6 quite a lot, a few issues here as well but the game is fun and I love driving the cars and the new tracks. I am hoping the Jan update gives us more options online and full leaderboards or at least friends leaderboards for various tracks, tires and PP. If we get these I will be playing for a very long time.

I made the switch last year to GT when I got my Ps3. Haven't played Forza since. Not that it is a bad game, there is a ton that I miss about it, livery editor, grid starts, better AI, all cars having cockpit views. But just the FFB in GT was enough to make me switch, Forza felt so dead through the wheel compared to GT on my CSR. Plus I love how there is actual racing passion in GT. Forza became more of a car game than a racing game over the years.

Ive played both brands alot, and I mean alot. Started with gt1 when it first came out.played all of the gt series. Played all of the forzas too. Love them both. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. ( and who hasn't dreamed of picking the best features of each game and making an epic blended title )
Right now im playing the heck out of gt6 because 1, its a good game 2, forza 4 is pretty used up for me and 3, I cant rationalize dropping $500 on the new xbox just to play the new forza.

Never owned a Gran Turismo game, played GT5 using a wheel + all assists (no option) at Petite Lemans a few years back and hated it! Finally decided with where Forza is going (downhill) I should make the jump!

XBL GT: xKuranx, I mostly played A-Class tag lobbies or were in custom lobbies. Would still play Forza if the disc didn't crack up on me. (Seriously I don't know what the issue is, having own 6+ Forza 2's, 2 Forza 3's and 3 Forza 4's, the discs keep cracking in the middle... no other disc does this...)

I started serious racing with GT5 and a Logitech G27 right at release day. I waited a long time to try a Forza game because I didn't want to buy a new wheel. Finally gave in, bought a Fanatec CSR Elite and played with GT5 and Forza 4. I prefered Forza because of the feedback you get from the tires (you can feel it in the CSR-E when the tires start to loose grip and start sliding). I could never adjust my Fanatec to achieve that in GT5 (or GT6).

Now I am not willing to buy another new wheel just to play the new Forza. So I bought GT6 instead and used my old hardware. At first I was very disappointed with GT6 but now after entering the license S races I am very happy.

XBL GT: xKuranx, I mostly played A-Class tag lobbies or were in custom lobbies. Would still play Forza if the disc didn't crack up on me. (Seriously I don't know what the issue is, having own 6+ Forza 2's, 2 Forza 3's and 3 Forza 4's, the discs keep cracking in the middle... no other disc does this...)
I know a few people who had trouble with the discs. The solution it would seem was to fully install the game to the HD. I did this with 2,3 and 4 and have never had any issues with them afterwards. It also helped with the lockups in Forza 2 where when you browsed tour garage the game would sometimes freeze. Still happened when fully installed but a lot less often

I also done the jump November last year from Forza I was a GT player previously so I was already fimular to the series my xbox gamertag was gmurpho51 since I made the jump ive not regretted it once

It can also be said that standard cars are a crutch until PD can muster up a decent selection of premium cars. Just saying. With the GT7 being on the PS4, I'm really eager to see its car list. I can tolerate standard cars in GT6, but IMO, they are a weakness, not a strength. To me, they just prove that PD needs more staff.

Crutch? Sure. But the bottom line is that jumping into the world of HD graphics demands highly detailed car models that take a long time to make, which is seriously injurious to the overall quantity of content. So would you rather have a game that lets this injury drop the content to its knees, or one that uses a crutch to remain standing until the injury heals?

Latest Posts

Back