Most overrated car in GT6? (no flamewars)

Rated by who? I believe that due to the Veyron being chosen for the last license test in GT6(S-5), Polyphony Digital believes it's a very difficult car to drive. This is, of course, only my opinion. I would go so far as to say its an overrated car by many.

Last edited:
Veyron, no doubt, sure it is fast in a straight line but few cars drive worse than this thing
Actually I thought this in gt5 in 6 it's really very drivable, sure it's not quick and everytime I break it sounds like I'm driving a HGV but it's alright

Veyron. It's an incredible car no doubt, but it's the car my friends instantly go for and all they do is brag about how fast they go in the thing and when we race that is the only car they pick. I'm just.. so tired of it. Yes it's very fast but you don't need to be super fast to have fun driving! Pick something else please.. :indiff:

Excuse me @iLex, could you please tell me who raves about the Sirion? It's crap :lol:

On topic, the Veyron gets my vote. Yes I understand it's phenomenal in a straight line, but when it comes to turns… :yuck:

Driven correctly the Veyron is a very VERY fast car on almost any track. It's all about opinions though and although I'm not a huge lover of it you can't help admire the specs of it.

Totally agree there. I've won races easily with the Veyron where with other cars in the Veyron-Supercar category was a little struggle.
So my vote will probably have go to the GT40.

I agree on the handling aspect of the Veyron. It handles like crap in GT. It handles pretty decently in Forza, though. Dunno which one is more realistic, I'd hope Forza in that aspect.

The LLC Rocket is highly rated not for pure speed, but because of how light, fast-accelerating, and incredibly stable it is. I've managed to take corners at a higher speed than the BMW McLaren F1 in that car, pretty impressive.

I'd say the overrated car for me is the 1948 Hudson. PD spent a lot of time and hard work making a car that's just crap. It's slow, barely reaches 90mph in stock form, and starts to spin out cornering over 50. It's easier to control a tuned Huayra than the Hudson.

I'm saying overrated because I seem to be the only person who thinks it's crap. Everywhere I go I see people raving on about how fantastic it is, and you're not allowed to complain about it without a barrage of "well maybe you don't appreciate car history" or "how can you say that", etc.

I'd much rather PD spent their time on making something new, like one of the "big three" hypercars, a new A5 Beetle, Audi RS5, et cetera.

I agree on the handling aspect of the Veyron. It handles like crap in GT. It handles pretty decently in Forza, though. Dunno which one is more realistic, I'd hope Forza in that aspect.

The LLC Rocket is highly rated not for pure speed, but because of how light, fast-accelerating, and incredibly stable it is. I've managed to take corners at a higher speed than the BMW McLaren F1 in that car, pretty impressive.

I'd say the overrated car for me is the 1948 Hudson. PD spent a lot of time and hard work making a car that's just crap. It's slow, barely reaches 90mph in stock form, and starts to spin out cornering over 50. It's easier to control a tuned Huayra than the Hudson.

I'm saying overrated because I seem to be the only person who thinks it's crap. Everywhere I go I see people raving on about how fantastic it is, and you're not allowed to complain about it without a barrage of "well maybe you don't appreciate car history" or "how can you say that", etc.

I'd much rather PD spent their time on making something new, like one of the "big three" hypercars, a new A5 Beetle, Audi RS5, et cetera.

Agree with your points, Hudson is just a bit of a gimmick following a marketing campaign - Senna's F1 cars will be some true addition of historic cars.

However, adding a Beetle?! :yuck:

I'd have to say the Audi R8 racer. It's more twitchy than my arse after 5 cans of monster. I bought it to compete in the GT3 championship with, thought it'd be a laugh, ended up selling it shortly after and was VERY disappointed when I won it shortly after.

Audi=Volkswagen fanboy alert...

OT:
The Veyron is very overrated. It is so bad in corners, even at Route X. The sad part is: Even a Dodge Charger '11 can with 430 km/h through the Route X corners...

The new A5 Beetle is actually a very nice looking car, at least to me.
white-turbo-bug.jpg

Basically, we all know that the Porsche 911 borrowed design traits from the Beetle. This Beetle looks like it's taken some back from the 911, looking a lot more sporty than usual.

It's also quite fast in its Turbo rendition, and PD seems to like adding VW cars in DLC (with the Golf R and 'Rocco in GT5).
Audi=Volkswagen fanboy alert...
So I'm not allowed to like nice, fast-but-not-supercar German cars now? I never knew there was a rule against preferring brands...

The Veyron is my choice for being over rated due to it's flying "brick" characteristics......also it seems that between GT5 and GT6 the racing Audi R8 LMS and the Audi '01 R8 Le Mans winner have become much more twitchy than they were.....

I agree on the handling aspect of the Veyron. It handles like crap in GT. It handles pretty decently in Forza, though. Dunno which one is more realistic, I'd hope Forza in that aspect
Really? I thought it handled even worse in Forza, a lot worse. I was a bit surprised at how well it drove in GT5 after having driven it in Forza. Still handles poorly but better than I expected. There is a good reason why the only track it can set a top time on is Benchmark speedway.

Agree with your points, Hudson is just a bit of a gimmick following a marketing campaign - Senna's F1 cars will be some true addition of historic cars.

Whats wrong with a Beetle? I really like that they added the 66 as one of my first cars was a 68 Beetle and I loved that thing. Not very fast but a fun little car. At one point in the 70s it was the most popular car around

Excuse me @iLex, could you please tell me who raves about the Sirion? It's crap :lol:

On topic, the Veyron gets my vote. Yes I understand it's phenomenal in a straight line, but when it comes to turns… :yuck:

HERE COMES A CORNER AND....

... He crashed.... Yeah...

Vote to Veyron.

Even I use it, still don't like it... :indiff:

Really? I thought it handled even worse in Forza, a lot worse. I was a bit surprised at how well it drove in GT5 after having driven it in Forza. Still handles poorly but better than I expected. There is a good reason why the only track it can set a top time on is Benchmark speedway.
Have you driven the 2013 model in GT6 though? It feels a lot worse than GT5.

I'd agree about the Bugatti, but it's so easy to beat on any track that has more corners than straights. It's a top speed monster and not much else.

El Camino gets my vote. I get that it's cheap and pretty quick when you mod it out, but I see those darn things everywhere. Doesn't help that it's "recommended". There's a hundred other options in the PP range that'll out perform it.

Heck, basically all of the recommended cars are overrated or overused. There's obscure options that out perform all of them available.

Veyron, Huayra, and all those supercars kids wet their pants for. Nothing against this cars though. They are fun when not being serious. The Veyron is actually nice... IF IT SOUNDED LIKE A VEYRON! (I'm talking to you, PD).

I'll stick with my 612HP ACR Viper. Who needs turbos or 1000hp when you can destroy pretty much anything with this piece of cheap plastic and a truck engine you can fix with a hammer?

Veyron, Huayra, and all those supercars kids wet their pants for. Nothing against this cars though. They are fun when not being serious. The Veyron is actually nice... IF IT SOUNDED LIKE A VEYRON! (I'm talking to you, PD).

I'll stick with my 612HP ACR Viper. Who needs turbos or 1000hp when you can destroy pretty much anything with this piece of cheap plastic and a truck engine you can fix with a hammer?
I do love the simplicity with the viper and why people tune the life out of it but the Hauyra is a technical genius in turns of pushing air away to turn, using heavy components in different places to spread the weight evenly yet still being ultra light.

My most overrated car is the New Tesla, ok its a new car but why that one?!? They do a sport version of the roadster, Why no that.

I do love the simplicity with the viper and why people tune the life out of it but the Hauyra is a technical genius in turns of pushing air away to turn, using heavy components in different places to spread the weight evenly yet still being ultra light.

My most overrated car is the New Tesla, ok its a new car but why that one?!? They do a sport version of the roadster, Why no that.

Yes, I just bought the Huayra and it's a lovely machine. It bites really hard if you're not careful. But I don't know... there is something about the old Zonda's that this car lacks. The connection between driver and machine is much greater and once you figure them out, those cars are unstoppable. The Huayra feels... numb. Maybe because I've driven it stock, I don't know. That, and PD got the sound wrong... go figure :/

And speaking about Electric Vehicles, I think the Fisker is probably the most overrated. too bad because that car looks absolutely fantastic. When it comes to EV luxury sedans, the Tesla Model S is way faster and cheaper. The Roadster is still a fun and amazing little car to drive, but yes, they should've added the S version.

Back