Super Willow Springs - 20 miles

• Thread starter Sarques
  • 48 comments
Canada
Longueuil
SarquesCurseMark
The only race i have left to do in game and can't seem to get it done, i've tried 650pp Huayra '13 always losing control with italso tried GT-R '07 649pp and Veyron 16.4 '09 649pp and can't seem to get this done, need help please.

I used the Ford GT 06 with minor tuning, no problem

If it helps, I added adjustable suspension, Sports Computer and full weight reduction to it and the front and rear aero parts PP as used 598

I also threw a bottle of NOS on it just in case but did not need to use it

I actually tried this with the Cizeta.... 2 laps later my left rear tire had left a burning skidmark across the entire track.
At least, it would have if PD had modeled skidmarks :sly:

I used my McLaren F1, not fully modded, but right at 650PP with sports medium tires. Had to make one pitstop, but still ended up winning. I pitted when the leaders pitted.

Should've gotten more fuel on my pitstop, if the race had been another lap I would have run out of gas.

Fully modded Veyron :D

I could swear there's a 650pp limit, and the stock Veyron is over 640. I used a tuned LFA Nurburgring Package with no power increase or weight reduction and it was easy enough with a pit stop and an FXX in the lineup.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/willow-springs-20-mile-race.295908/

Lighter tends to be the best route here.

High power and heavy weight both hurt tyre wear and High power can force a driver to have to perform a single pit stop.

The VW Nardo with a single stop is the best I've tried so far. Runs 1m16-1m18's for a stock race time of just over 11minutes.

Pitting on lap 4 should reduce pit lane congestion and spread tyre wear evenly.

A little Mid engined car with some power upgrade should do well...

A stock 450pp Garaiya can run 11m40 race times if you don't stop. No idea what you could do if you had more power to make those straights pass by faster.
Stock it runs 1m23-1m25.

Another cheap and cheerful option is the ZZ-II

I won this one with several different cars. The Nissan r-390 road car, the new Merc, and the Lambo Aventador, but I rate the Tommy K***** ZZ-11 as the best car for this race. Fully tuned, with weight reductions, an absolute joy to pilot. I was making 3 pits, one after 4 laps, then another after each 2 laps. The tyres don't last tryinig to go 4 and 4, so small fuel loads and fresh tyres, give it heaps, awesome fun and easy win.

I won this one with several different cars. The Nissan r-390 road car, the new Merc, and the Lambo Aventador, but I rate the Tommy K***** ZZ-11 as the best car for this race. Fully tuned, with weight reductions, an absolute joy to pilot. I was making 3 pits, one after 4 laps, then another after each 2 laps. The tyres don't last tryinig to go 4 and 4, so small fuel loads and fresh tyres, give it heaps, awesome fun and easy win.
Do you have a tune for the TKZZ for GT6??

Do you have a tune for the TKZZ for GT6??
Sure mate, will get the details next time I fire up the ps3 and post them here for you, cheers

this is the "tune" I had for the ZZ11 at Big Willow

sus
RH
60 65
SPRING
7.53 8.25
comp
3 3
ext
3 3
arb
4 5
Brake
8 7
Trans set to 320 k's
1 3.355
2 2.247
3 1.635
4 1.248
5 1
6 .840
Final 4.176
diffs
6 6
45 45
20 15
centre
40:60
engine/power
Stage 3 tune with race exhaust and mid-range turbo

Body
Stage 3 weight red with windows

Car ends up at 920 kg's, 797 bhp and 637 pp

This set up ripped up Big Willow and Ascari challenges for me, hope it helps, cheers

PS..Downloaded an upgrade tonight then went for a race. Used this car on big willow and it handled like a bag of cement. Had to re-do the suspension to get it going properly. Bumped the springs up to 9 and 10 respectively and hardened the ext and comp. Ran well after that.

Last edited:
Sure mate, will get the details next time I fire up the ps3 and post them here for you, cheers

sus
RH
60 65
SPRING
7.53 8.25
comp
3 3
ext
3 3
arb
4 5
Brake
8 7
Trans set to 320 k's
1 3.355
2 2.247
3 1.635
4 1.248
5 1
6 .840
Final 4.176
diffs
6 6
45 45
20 15
centre
engine/power

Body

This set up ripped up Big Willow and Ascari challenges for me, hope it helps, cheers
I will give it a go this weekend and get back with you. The best to you always and thank you!!

i love this event.
been able to win with no pit stops either with a BRZ or M4 or if in the mood for a little more power I have loads of fun with a GTR

I hadn't hit the GT in a few days n did so yesterday. the weirdest thing when I was driving with a GTR, I pulled into the pits on lap 5 in 2nd place, quick change of tires and re-fuel. I don't understand why but I had to wait for the full pit lane to empty out before I could do so. I tried it again and same thing.

happen to anyone else?

sus
RH
60 65
SPRING
7.53 8.25
comp
3 3
ext
3 3
arb
4 5
Brake
8 7
Trans set to 320 k's
1 3.355
2 2.247
3 1.635
4 1.248
5 1
6 .840
Final 4.176
diffs
6 6
45 45
20 15
centre
engine/power

Body

PS..Downloaded an upgrade tonight then went for a race. Used this car on big willow and it handled like a bag of cement. Had to re-do the suspension to get it going properly. Bumped the springs up to 9 and 10 respectively and hardened the ext and comp. Ran well after that.

The tune could not have been more perfect and it made all the difference, "Thank You and Cheers back at you"!! I hope to be able to help you some day!!

i love this event.
been able to win with no pit stops either with a BRZ or M4 or if in the mood for a little more power I have loads of fun with a GTR

I hadn't hit the GT in a few days n did so yesterday. the weirdest thing when I was driving with a GTR, I pulled into the pits on lap 5 in 2nd place, quick change of tires and re-fuel. I don't understand why but I had to wait for the full pit lane to empty out before I could do so. I tried it again and same thing.

happen to anyone else?
I happened to me the first time I ran this race. This game needs a lot of re-work that is for sure as it has happened with other S races. Yes the S races need lot's of work. Take a look at my post on the 24 minutes of Le Mans.

Back