GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I don't know if its modeled in game as well but the real life copy of the Mercedes AMG VGT put in the X, O, square and triangle buttons in their headlights as a nod to PD and Gran Turismo. Kinda hard to see but they're on the inside edges of the headlight enclosure. Pretty cool I think.

_MG_0332-sm.jpg
_MG_0339-sm.jpg

Last edited:
The song that played when you go to the garage in GT4 is in the music library, same with the song that played when you went to GT Auto in GT4.

Apart from a couple dozen GT5 songs in the mix, and 'Don't kick yourself' as you mentioned, there's also 'Be at home' from GT4, the song that always played when you entered your garage on GT4. Also, 'From The East to the West' sounds pretty familiar. Ah, the nostalgia.

I don't know if its modeled in game as well but the real life copy of the Mercedes AMG VGT put in the X, O, square and triangle buttons in their headlights as a nod to PD and Gran Turismo. Kinda hard to see but they're on the inside edges of the headlight enclosure. Pretty cool I think.

View attachment 98110 View attachment 98111
Yes its modeled! I took a shot 2,3 weeks ago:

478a209f1daf46b82.jpg

gran turismo has never been a easter egg rich game, all i can think of is the lochness monster and the monkey on trail mountain. but thats been there since GT3.

One can think of GT like that but it's quite an egg-filled series. It's not rampant say Guacamelee or GTA, where internet jokes had been shown in their respective series, but when you do find one in GT it becomes a "so awesome" asset in the series everyone is certain to remember it when they look back at GT Easter eggs.

In GT6 I just realized this (but maybe it was already in GT5), there are Alfa Romeo handbags placed in the rear boot compartment of the 8C Competizione, if memory serves me right they are a real life accessory one can attain if they purchase the 8C. Looks like the PD photographers thought it would be authentic to include the handbags as they are Alfa marked, and were modeled with it.

Generally the easter eggs in GT games come down to track details. Photo mode certainly helps in finding these things. The discovery of racing stripes added onto the many Miatas when painted can also be counted as such.

Or...the...FTO STC's..."interior". Well, it's more detailed than the normal standard car. Definitely a bit of a surprise when to you see it. More of a "wait...what? What is this? They added the basic details of an interior for a car that's not even real?" Well, it was MOSTLY fake. It technically DOES have a real life counterpart, sort of.

img12.jpg

There are plenty of Easter Eggs in GT6. All of the semi-premiums are pretty much Easter Eggs. Especially cars like the Ford RS200 and some of the Subarus that have nearly crossed over from standard to premium.

Only started a couple of iterations ago, so can someone tell me where to look for the monkey on trial mountain and the Loch Ness monster that have both been mentioned please? Also, if you do free run and drive to the end of the first straight at Bathurst, you can drive around the barrier on to a service road. Do a u-turn and you will see some blue tyres stacked in a corner behind the barrier. Knock them over and receive the 'hidden gems' trophy - a genuine Easter egg. :)

Only started a couple of iterations ago, so can someone tell me where to look for the monkey on trial mountain and the Loch Ness monster that have both been mentioned please? Also, if you do free run and drive to the end of the first straight at Bathurst, you can drive around the barrier on to a service road. Do a u-turn and you will see some blue tyres stacked in a corner behind the barrier. Knock them over and receive the 'hidden gems' trophy - a genuine Easter egg. :)
The Loch Ness is splashing about in the lake, hidden behind the hill on the final corner. It's difficult to see it while driving, so switch to photo mode. The monkey is sitting on top of the fallen tree (overhead of the track) in the middle of the rocky 'S' bends after the first tunnel. 👍

Back