3 car that lift inside tire when turning

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 17 comments
Special in GT2! :lol:
I don't expect to see it in GT4, yet ;).

I found 3 car that will lift the inside rear tire during cornering. All have the same similarity, the car ride height is close to 200. To make this happen I change the spring rate of all car minimum at front, maximum at rear.

This is WITHOUT hybrid, game tweak or hack. Anyone can do this. No need to bump it on rumble strip.
Cornering with three wheel make handling oversteer at corner entry and understeer at mid corner.

Honda Z Turbo '98

Mitsubishi Pajero Mini '98

Subaru Forester Stb '97

Video showing subaru forester doing three wheelie on almost every corner :D

Anyone still thinking that GT physics do not allow wheel to leave ground should know this :D.

Wow, sucahyo, you've explored GT2 in ways I've never even thought to do, and you still find new things over 5 years later!

Simply amazing.

I knew the Honda Z was good for something; it just needs another 50hp to really crush GT2's sports-car competition.

This is yet another area where GT1 is superior to others...ANY car can lift wheels in corners in GT1. But good work, man. I must say this is the first time I've ever seen anyone other than ME drive a Honda Z turbo! :)

It's funny--the logo on that Subaru looks more like a Chevy logo than the typical moon & stars! I did a double-take when I saw it. Like "what the hell car is that? I didn't know GT2 had a Chevy Malibu wagon!"

Last edited:
thats cool man. another thing i noticed that probably everyone else knows is when you have a skyline completely modded with no tuning the whole side of the car comes of the ground when you take a sharp corner.

I knew the Honda Z was good for something; it just needs another 50hp to really crush GT2's sports-car competition.
And still fun to drive :).

I knew this was possible, just thought the majority of poeple knew already. Thanks for sharing it though, ++
Really? I thought it's the opposite, since there are thread in GT4 asking if any car can lift the inside wheel during cornering even if it doesn't meet bump like real life car, the answer is no from everyone. Maybe because there is no FF with 200 ride height :D. When I was doing damper argumentation in GT4 tuning, the myth that GT physics do not allow wheel to lift up was brought up a lot.

I post something like this before, but with hack.

This is yet another area where GT1 is superior to others...ANY car can lift wheels in corners in GT1. But good work, man. Also, i must say this is the first time i've ever seen anyone other than ME drive a Honda Z turbo! :)

It's funny--the logo on that Subaru looks more like a Chevy logo than the typical moon & stars! I did a double-take when i saw it. Like "what the hell car is that? I didn't know GT2 had a Chevy Malibu wagon!"
Oh, I don't realize that there is car in gT1 can do this, do you know GT1 car that really "good" at this ?
Since you mention it, it sure do look like chevy emblem

thats cool man. another thing i noticed that probably everyone else knows is when you have a skyline completely modded with no tuning the whole side of the car comes of the ground when you take a sharp corner.
both inside wheel lift ?

I will update the first post with video when done uploading.

This sounds totally insane(or maybe you guys know this already too), but I had a car jump over me once in the first Gran Turismo.

On Trial Mountain, that long downhill stretch. I was the leader, and was at complete stop, just messing around. If I remember correctly, 1 or 2 cars rear ended me first. Then another BANG!, but I saw a car go over me. First and last time I saw something like that in GT games.

This sounds totally insane(or maybe you guys know this already too), but I had a car jump over me once in the first Gran Turismo.

On Trial Mountain, that long downhill stretch. I was the leader, and was at complete stop, just messing around. If I remember correctly, 1 or 2 cars rear ended me first. Then another BANG!, but I saw a car go over me. First and last time I saw something like that in GT games.
I think it could happen seeing that I can get my car vody overlap with other car body too. The sad thing is, it won't show it again on replay.

The sad thing is, it won't show it again on replay.
Actually, I'm glad to hear that. Everytime I thought about it, I also thought, "what if I watched the replay?(seriously)". :D

This sounds totally insane(or maybe you guys know this already too), but I had a car jump over me once in the first Gran Turismo

YES this happened to me too. I was doing the Clubman Series SSR5 race and I won. As I did a powerslide across the finish line, an MR2 flew 40 feet into the air behind me, and over another car! I believe I have the replay still.

Suahyo: I would start with Miatas and Civics in GT1. Even with stabilizers attached, I remember these 2 in particular would "dog-leg".

Last edited:
Suahyo: i would start with Miatas and Civics in gT1. Even with stabilizers attached, i remember these 2 in particular would "dog-leg".
I tried it, failed. Maybe because the spring rate range is more limited than GT2, and the car ride height is not close to 200.

I tried it, failed. Maybe because the spring rate range is more limited than GT2, and the car ride height is not close to 200.

It should work, I was pretty fascinated by it after watching a replay. I remember this happening towards the end of my GT1 exploration, which means perhaps I had a bit of money and was using near-max power. Well if it don't work, don't sweat it.

Last edited:

In arcade mode there was a big ramp to make you jump there i think.

That's nice, I never thought of that in GT2, but it is possible in GT4 too:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79546
Thanks, that's hard to find 👍.

The GT4 car that I suspect can lift inside tire on almost every corner is Subaru 360. Since this car is rear heavy, maybe max front/rear ride height and stiff front/ soft rear spring. I think this car can maintain inside wheel lift not just an instant but all the time during cornering like 3 GT2 car above.

Ive done all of these--lifting, jumping, overlapping.

It was a Vector W8, and a Clio V6 in the overlap, I was in the Pennzoil Skyline just wallriding on high speed ring and my wheels got all flipped up and another car hit me and I jumped over it, I have jumped really high in an impreza on a bump in Trial Mountain, I have lifted with the Malibu... Er. Forester wagon, and of course there is the Escudo wheelie thingy.

Back