3000gt Lm

• Thread starter milefile
  • 18 comments
I guess I just want to hear what you all think of this car. I just got it and am torn over it.

It is very easy for me to drive. It does exactly what I want it to do and that's nice. But it seems slow compared to other cars I like. In a race it took me forever to get into 2nd place and that was the best I got with it.

I know there are other 300GT's too. Anybody driven those? Are they any better?

By this car do you mean the one you get from the Laguna Seca Endurance race (blue or white) or the one you win from IC-License? Not that it matters, they both handle pretty much the same. I don't think it's a very good car in GT2 though, at least not as good as it was in GT1.

The powerband is a little strange, power peaks a couple thousand (maybe 3) RPM before redline and steadily declines until it reaches redline, it takes proper attention to RPM and correct shift points to keep the car in the power band.

The 3000GT road cars have steady peaking powerbands, so it's odd the the LM car would have such a strange powerband.

Anyhoo.......it's a good car once you master....Errr...understand....how to keep the engine singing in the a couple thousand RPM short of redline. It handles well, very solid....though it understeers too much IMO, fix that by shifting weight off the back end via an increased rear ride height and decreased rear downforce.

Originally posted by JoniK
By this car do you mean the one you get from the Laguna Seca Endurance race (blue or white) or the one you win from IC-License? Not that it matters, they both handle pretty much the same. I don't think it's a very good car in GT2 though, at least not as good as it was in GT1.

It must be the one from Laguna because I don't have many golds :P . It's white. I think it had gold rims, which I replaced because I can't stand gold anything.

Too bad it's so slow because I loved the way it handles :(

Is it the same as the GTO Twin Turbo in GT1?

Originally posted by milefile

It must be the one from Laguna because I don't have many golds :P . It's white. I think it had gold rims, which I replaced because I can't stand gold anything.

Too bad it's so slow because I loved the way it handles :(

Is it the same as the GTO Twin Turbo in GT1?

Yes, GT3000 = GTO.

You're lucky you got the white one, I had to win 4 of them before I got the white one......the blue is ugly.

Originally posted by Option2

Yes, GT3000 = GTO.

You're lucky you got the white one, I had to win 4 of them before I got the white one......the blue is ugly.

Heh,
I always got the white one when the one I wanted was a blue one. I propably got about 8 white ones before I got the blue one, at last.

They are just plain slow. The power to weight kills this car, otherwise it is one of the best mannored cars that are 4wd you can get.

About the best you can do is fiddle with the gear ratio's and as mentioned pay attention to the shift points.

Not sure if I have seen the gold one or not. I have a white and silver one currently.

Haven't seen the blue one either yet. Maybe it has something to do with the Pal version who knows.

The non-year (license) 3000GT comes in yellow (think Spoon Civic color, no black hood), or in a purple-silver color. I like the second color.

The Laguna version ('99) comes in aqua/turquiose or white. I'm probably the only one that ever prefered the turquoise one, because it's something different.

The 3000GT LM is a good lesson in understeer, but other wise easy to drive. Play with the toe settings, and you'll be happier with the car!

Front Toe: -0.10
Rear Toe: -0.05

The 3000GTs are very overweight. Fat bastards, all of them. but the Twin Turbo MR and the VR4 '99s are worth a little time and tuning...but I'd rather have the Evos instead. Sorry, no 900hp GTOs in GT2.

The GTO-LM is okay, but it is too heavy and slow to go really fast. If my memory serves, it is almost 1000 lbs heavier than the Unisia Skyline. It feels slow simply because it is slow.
Try running up the final drive ratio to between 4.93-5.11 and then jocky with the "wide-sport" slider to get the top speed you want.

To fix the understeer problem:

Set rear spring rate at about 3lbs heavier/stiffer than front.
Set the toe to -.20/+.20
Set rear Bound to 1-2 clicks harder.
Set the rear LSD Inital and decline about 4-6 clicks harder. Keep the accell within about 2-4 clicks of each other.

Set the rear ride height at about 8mm higher than the front....mayeb even 10-12mm higher. This will shift weight onto the front tires. Just an FYI, if you have a car that spins TOO easy, you can fix it by doing the opposite. Set the rear at the lowest, and the front end about 1-2mm higher. That will shift the weight onto the rear tires......works well on Mid-Engine RD cars.

Example:
6/10
32/38
10/16

I forget what the downforce is on this car....but try to set the front at Max, and the rear at about .02 higher than front...not more. Example: .50/.52.....or .58/.60 ect...

That should loosen up the rear tires, and bring the back end around easier in turns.

hope this helps.

Back