304 editing?

• Thread starter Jez
  • 7 comments

Jez

I've just started using my x-port and Mks editor.

Is there a simple guide to 304 editing anywhere?

I can see what some of the values relate to, but I am more interested in lines 60 onwards, where it just says "yes/no something"
Yes /no what exactly?

So if anyone has a simple and rational explanation of how to make the best of this bit of the programme, please let me know.

Cheers

don't know of one, perhaps Famine does. As far as i know it is unclear what most of those lines do. Some of us messed around with them, and found that line 60 contols which tracks are unlocked in Arcade mode, so it would seem resonable to assume that the others may have something to do with marking your progression in the game. Line 200 changes the region/language of a save, sort of. For instance by changing it to 2 your game will have the dealerships present on a PAL game, and the speedo will be in KPH, but many of the menus will be in Japanese. At any rate, anything that was found in 304 editing was found by trial and error, so try changing some numbers, and see if U can detect any difference in the game. Just be sure to check for adverse affects as well like game freeze.

Here are the values found for those 2 lines I mentioned.

Line 60-unlock tracks(arcade) -1=1 track;0=6 tracks/level A;1=12 tracks/levelsA-B;2=18 tracks/levelA-C;3=24 tracks/levels A-D;4=30 tracks/levels A-E;5=36 tracks(all)/levels A-F

Line 200-Region; 0=NTSC/Japanese;1=NTSC/US;2=PAL/EU(glitchy);3=NTSC/FRENCH;4=NTSC/GERMAN;5=NTSC/ITALIAN;6=NTSC/SPANISH

BTW, I don't mean to imply that changing line 200 will actually change the region of your save, but only the appearence of the game. It won't make a Pal save play on an NTSC console, or vice versa, for that U have to use a hex editor.

I know that in the latest version of mk's there is a guide to 304 editing in the help file. Other than that, I don't know.

Originally posted by Heydu
don't know of one, perhaps Famine does. As far as i know it is unclear what most of those lines do. Some of us messed around with them, and found that line 60 contols which tracks are unlocked in Arcade mode, so it would seem resonable to assume that the others may have something to do with marking your progression in the game. Line 200 changes the region/language of a save, sort of. For instance by changing it to 2 your game will have the dealerships present on a PAL game, and the speedo will be in KPH, but many of the menus will be in Japanese. At any rate, anything that was found in 304 editing was found by trial and error, so try changing some numbers, and see if U can detect any difference in the game. Just be sure to check for adverse affects as well like game freeze.

Here are the values found for those 2 lines I mentioned.

Line 60-unlock tracks(arcade) -1=1 track;0=6 tracks/level A;1=12 tracks/levelsA-B;2=18 tracks/levelA-C;3=24 tracks/levels A-D;4=30 tracks/levels A-E;5=36 tracks(all)/levels A-F

Line 200-Region; 0=NTSC/Japanese;1=NTSC/US;2=PAL/EU(glitchy);3=NTSC/FRENCH;4=NTSC/GERMAN;5=NTSC/ITALIAN;6=NTSC/SPANISH

BTW, I don't mean to imply that changing line 200 will actually change the region of your save, but only the appearence of the game. It won't make a Pal save play on an NTSC console, or vice versa, for that U have to use a hex editor.

i really dont want to trial/error the 304 values. anywhere i can obtain a list of what each line is exactly? the help file "GT3gE304.ini" is not very much help (not anymore then the application itself). any ideas?

Back