AUDI TT MKIII 2014-....

• Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 70 comments

Ibonibo

Premium
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
Already paying my Isp 4 Access
So Audi presented the new Audi TT MKIII.

Offically presentation of the base TT is tomorrow at 9 o'clock at Geneva.

But they already showed the TTS tonight and released a whole bunch of pics and Vids.

hsvnsgyn.jpg

bz539l3s.jpg

e8j54flx.jpg

zdytnjto.jpg

big_TTC140005.jpg

big_TTC140006.jpg

big_TTC140007.jpg

big_TTC140008.jpg

big_TTC140010.jpg

big_TTC140011.jpg

big_TTC140012.jpg

big_TTC140014.jpg

big_TTC140017.jpg

big_TTC140018.jpg

Full Press release pics and vids:
http://digital.audi-presskit.de/de/genf_2014/audi-tt-coupe-und-audi-tts-coupe/fotos

TTS will have around 310hp.

On the TT forums, most opinions revolve around, not enough evolution from the MkII.

The complete digital Dash is nice, but also not that great...

While I think it looks nice enough, it is not enough change to upgrade from my MkII. Well I will need to see the RS, but body is mostly the same, I don't need and want a LTE enabled entertainement system,....

What is really interesting from a performance point is the reduced weight. THe MkII has +-1350kg. THe new one is 150kg lighter due to the MQB system....

Your not, it's the common opinion, front grill is to bulky. THe rear with the third brakelight going through the whole back 👎

Looks alright, but it's too similar to the outgoing model. The interior looks spectacular, though.

Looks great all around except the instrument cluster...
Ever since I moved to centrally located tachometers I haven't enjoyed seeing the mph or rpm off to the side, if anything they should have the central area hold the guages and the info electronic crap off to the sides. 👍

Looks are more evolution than revolution. I think they've tried to make it look more predominantly sporting compared to the previous generation. I quite like it though. The front grille is polarising, but I'll likely get used to it. I like the new digital dashboard too.

Not sure I like the sharped front styling coupled with the current TT profile. It clashes a little too much for my tastes. Might as well go back to the drawing board and redesign the rest of the car so the front end does look so out of place.

Jet turbines for air vents though?

CawY9TK.gif

Last edited:
I think the TT's shape has done its time, if I'm honest. Whereas the first one was elegant if not a bit feminine, the second generation, I feel, had just the right amount of aggressiveness in its design, without looking like a caricature of itself. This one, not so much. It's fairly bland, and does not look like a totally new car but more like a facelift.

Front and interior look great. But the rest looks untouched from the previous model year. Not bad, but just lazy.

Audi does what Audi does best. Marching basic design elements forward without a jarring execution for shock value. I don't think anyone will say that the new TT is bad looking, but more or less, it isn't as good looking as it could have been.

All of that being said however, Audi seems to know what they want to do with the TT this time around. For the first time. Since the car has been on the road. Assuming they've upgraded the bits enough to be reasonably differentiated from the GTI its based upon, yes, we may actually have a very cool car.

But, the Internet will complain because we didn't get our shooting brake. In brown. With a diesel. And a manual gearbox. Because we're spoiled brats. And we have nothing better to do.

Interior looks great. It's a TT so you know it's all soft touch. Hope the car is bigger this time around. I'd like'uh big TT.

Looks like the same people in charge of updating Porsche 911's are now in charge of updating the TT. Start the project…and done.

I really like the aggressive look at the front, but that is the current Audi look. No reason for me to get this over any other car in range, unless you don't see the back of your car very much.

First gen TT was ugly. Second gen was perfection, in every sense of the word. It's hard to improve on perfection, so naturally third gen goes back to the uglies. :yuck: In some ways you could, like the Porsche 997 and 991, but this time Audi failed, just like how the Porsche 996 failed. :yuck:

All in my unforgivably harsh opinion of course. :P

It looks like someone just farted in an elevator and this car is extremely offended but is too passive aggressive to speak up so is just glaring at the offending person.

Appalling, no redeeming quality visually that makes me like it more than the previous generation.

Wow, the side panels look the same :lol: and they managed to stick an even more boring face on the front.. well done! Really does look just like a facelift.

Looks more like a face lift than a new models. Worst thing other than its looks is that the Range Topping Quattro is going to be a limited run 300hp model.
WHAT! Unless they are serious about the baby R8 being placed invetween the two, thats a bad idea. Yes the TTS and TTRS will be up there but still, hot hatches are now putting out more. Even more a hairdresser car now.

Nope, still not interested in the TT. Except for the interior which is almost perfect.

Those drawings don't look too bad, but does Audi really need another sporty 4-door saloon?

Back