What is the best GT3 car in Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 96 comments
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire, England.
As the title says, What is the best GT3 car in Gran Turismo 6?
I've been using the SLS, but in some lobbies i've been in, the Z4's have been way faster and in other lobbies, i've been all over them! And similarly with the R8! I've found it hard to work out, so before I have to go and buy them all, I was hoping for some feedback first..
  • Whats the best all-rounder?
  • Best mechanical grip v aero performance?
  • Predictability v knife edge on handling?
  • etc.. etc..
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Having done some hotlap tests on Tokyo Route, i found that Z4 is noticeably faster than SLS, with the same PP level.

I haven't driven it GT6 yet but.. I have always had a lot of love for the Mercedes CLK Touring car. When I first won that in GT3 it was such an epic, game changing moment I will never forget. It was such a tough event and to win THAT car was so rewarding.

Probably the Z4, though the SLS has the get-in-and-go factor. Very easy to drive.

Semi related, I find it odd that there are race cars in GT based on cars not found in the game :odd:

I've not tried tuning any of them, but stock, I'd say the Z4 is fastest over a lap, but I think over a few laps the ease of the Merc to drive will give you more consistent lap times. The GT-R GT-3 is pretty good too.

Sparkytooth-No, maybe it isn't, if we're going to be pedantic, but you can enter it into the championship. Doesn't really make any difference to me, as long as it's allowed by the entry on the start. Does make me wonder why everyone is so bloody purist on here, as in "no, it must be a certain class". Does it win? Yes. Good enough for me. :banghead:

Sparkytooth-No, maybe it isn't, if we're going to be pedantic, but you can enter it into the championship. Doesn't really make any difference to me, as long as it's allowed by the entry on the start. Does make me wonder why everyone is so bloody purist on here, as in "no, it must be a certain class". Does it win? Yes. Good enough for me. :banghead:
He's specifically asking for a GT3 racecar, he wants to know which one is the best of them. The Quattro Pike's Peak is not a GT3 racecar, regardless of whether it can enter the GT3 championship.

He didn't say anything about the A-Spec championship though. He asked for the best GT3 car.

Oh, how boring. Pedants. Bit like the MX-5 Owners club forum, load of know alls and sad acts. "Your '63 plate doesn't have the blah blah blah." Where's the yawn emoticon when you need it? The question was "what's the best GT3 car?" That can be read 2 ways- what is the best actual GT3 car, or what's the best car to win the championship.
Been here 5 minutes and flamed, by a couple of reginald molehusbands.

Oh, how boring. Pedants. Bit like the MX-5 Owners club forum, load of know alls and sad acts. "Your '63 plate doesn't have the blah blah blah." Where's the yawn emoticon when you need it? The question was "what's the best GT3 car?" That can be read 2 ways- what is the best actual GT3 car, or what's the best car to win the championship.

No, if the question is 'what's the best GT3 car?', the answer is a GT3 car. Don't accuse us of pedantry because you made a mistake. 👎:grumpy:

You're being no help. "What's the best GT3 car?" can only be read as "What's the best GT3 car?".

You've been shown up and then go and attack the community for pointing out your mistake. That kind of name calling and behaviour is in no way acceptable here.

Anyway, Z4 GT3.

Although his posting does highlight another failing on PDs part, allowing cars into races that don't fit the regs.
It does, but I don't think he understands that in real life, cars fit into regulations. I don't even think he knows about respectable racing, or racing itself.

Just wait until he enters a full on GT3 lobby in his Quattro...

So if you ask what's better, a MR2 or an MX5, do you want me to answer by saying a 458 is better?

Been here 5 minutes and flamed
That wasn't flaming. That was politely pointing out that your answer does not fit the question.

This, however, is flaming:
load of know alls and sad acts.

a couple of reginald molehusbands.
And if you've been here 5 minutes, as you say, from what experience do you draw the conclusion that:
everyone is so bloody purist on here
Apparently you have some history with the MX5OC. Great. That's not us - even though some of us have been in it in the past - so leave that baggage at the door please.

I'm a big fan of my Bilstein Audi R8, but it took a lot of headache to get the setup decent for my driving style. In general the GT3 cars just feel really sluggish and understeery to me.

We're not being pedantic, we're just pointing out that he's asking for a GT3 racecar, not a Pike's Peak racecar. You're the one waving your flamethrower at us with your unprovoked insults and immature outbursts.

R8 Ultra Phoenix :) even with 528HP 599PP, can beat or at least just as quick as other GT3 cars with oil change and over 600PP :D

Last edited:
Back