Gran Turismo Race Events and the Cars I Used

• Thread starter NGHTMRES
  • 31 comments
United States
United States
When I first started Gran Turismo 6 i’d scour online trying to find the best cars for each event. With not much luck, I had no choice but to make the decisions on my own. I recently completed the final S event race and have a bunch of free time on my hands gaming wise. Since I beat the game, I decided I’d play through one more time and pick the best two cars for each event. This list of cars aren't the absolute best. This is my opinion and these are the cars I used through career mode. This thread will be updated when and if I find cars better suited for the event(s).

Novice

Sunday Cup:

Honda FIT RS '10

Amateur Cup:

Honda FIT RS '10
Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70*

Novice Championship:

Honda NSX Type R '02

National B

Freshman Cup:

Honda NSX Type R '02

400 PP Clubman Cup:

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70*
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71

City Trials:

Toyota FT-1*
SRT Viper GTS '02

5-Minute Races:

Acura NSX '91
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12*

FF Challenge:

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04*
Citroen Xsara Rally Car '99

FR Challenge:

Toyota FT-1*
SRT Viper GTS '02

Japanese 90's Challenge:

Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II (R32) '94*
Mazda efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91

Classic Sports Car Series:

Lancia Stratos '73
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71*

GT Compact Car Championship:

Spoon Civic Type R (EK) '00

National A

500 PP Clubman Cup:

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08*

Night Masters:

Honda NSX Type R '02

Gornergrat League:

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08*

NA Sports Series:

Turbo Sports Series:

Toyota FT-1*
RUF BTR ‘86

MR Challenge:

Acura NSX ‘91*
Lancia Stratos ‘73

4WD Challenge:

Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package ‘12*
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II (R32) ‘94

Electric Circuits:

Honda CR-Z a ‘10*
Tesla Roadster ‘08

Festival Italia:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT ‘71*
Lancia Stratos ‘73

European Hot Hatch Series:

RUF BTR ‘86*
Lancia Stratos ‘73

Schwarzwald League:

RUF BTR ‘86
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘10*

Classic Muscle Car Series:

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 ‘69*
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 ‘70

GT National Championship:

International B

Tour of Japan:

Toyota Ft-1
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12*

Tour of Europe:

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07*
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74

Tour of America:

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08*
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

Supercar Festival:

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4'11
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08*

Tuned Car Festival:

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98*
Ford GT40 Mk 1 '66

10-Minute Races:

SRT Viper GTS '02*
Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12

Polyphony Digital Cup:

SRT Charger SRT8 '11
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II Nur (R34) '02*
Drift Trials:
Citroen C4 WRC '08*
Subaru Impreza WRC 2008

British Lightweights:

Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00*

Midnight Racers:

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12*

Fighting Muscle:

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08*
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14

Classic Supercar Festival:

Ferrari 512 BB '76*
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74

Historic Racing Car Cup:

Ford GT40 Mk 1 '66
Jaguar XJ13 '66*

GT All-Stars Championship:

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model*
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 Team RJN '13

International A

World Circuit Tour:

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR ‘10*
SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

15-Minute Races:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Rainmasters:

AC Cars 427 S/C ‘66*
Chevrolet Camaro SS ‘10

Dream Car Championship:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*
Peugeot 905B Evo Bis LM ‘92

550 PP World Touring Car Championship:

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR ‘10*
SRT Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

600 PP World Touring Car Championship:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*

Super Gt300:

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model ‘12*
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) ‘14

Super GT500:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12

Group GT3 Series:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12

Like the Wind:

Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT*
Toyota Minolta 88C-V ‘89

GT World Championship:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12
Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT*

Super

Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge:

SRT Viper SRT10 ACR ‘08*
Ford GT40 Mark I ‘66

Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*
Mclaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) ‘95

Suzuka Circuit 10-Lap Challenge:

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth ModeL
Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*

Brands Hatch 15-Lap Challenge:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12

Nurburgring 24-Minute Challenge:
X-Bow*
Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12

Spa-Francorchamps 24-Minute Challenge:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*
Toyota Minolta 88C-V ‘89

Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge:

Ford GT40 Mark I ‘66
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR ‘08*

Silverstone 10-Lap Challenge:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12*
Mclaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) ‘95

24 Minutes of Le Mans:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid ‘12
Chapperal 2X*

*the car I had more success with

I really do hope this list helps people. I spent hours on end finding the best two cars for each event. On the GT Compact Car Championship, I only had one car eligible for the event, therefore I wasn't able to recommend two cars. I will get another car soon. I am by no means the best driver. I am a very poor driver, yet i'm still able to breeze through the game(besides red bull, gt academy, s races, and the licenses). This are the cars that worked for me. They may differ on your preferences. Anyways, cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
TS030 sure got a lot of love .
It's a fantastic car. I really didn't want to use it that much, but being as this list is compiled with the cars I currently own, I didn't have much choice. I will be updating this thread with new cars as I buy more and try them out. :)

I will be playing through Gran Turismo 6 on a new account so I can get best lap times down of AI cars and to find more cars better for each event.

I have a major recommendation for a car that can sweep the whole Novice and majority, I say majority because it doesn't qualify for a few of the races, of National B. I did buy credits just because I had some money left in my PSN account. I loved this car in GT5, so I bought it with those credits and tried it out. I found out it was pre-tuned. It is the MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si '87. Give it a try and you will see what I mean. I didn't adjust the gear ratios or any of the pre-tuned stuff. I just added more performance parts like the manifold and a Mid-Range Turbo and upgraded the engine to Stage 3 later on to make it against the higher performance vehicles in National B. But no mods were needed for the Novice class. Like I said, even if you have beaten them and want to go back and do them again, buy this car if you haven't already.

A modified Evo is one of the best cars you can use, It can do a good amount of the races available for the price of it and the mods well worth the price saves garage space for nicer things too.

I wouldn't mind seeing this stickied. Of course, the cars can then be debated in the thread and if a general consensus feels there is a better, easier to drive car capable of winning some of the events, the OP can be updated. Unless there is something already like this list that I'm not aware of -- a GTPlanet Moderator could even start a new thread, with a more appropriate title if they deem it necessary, and copy/paste this list in. I think this coud be a decent resource for new members/users of GT6 who are looking to move through the career mode as painlessly as possible. Now, I know a lot of people might be thinking "that's half the fun of Career Mode!" and I actually agree with you on that point, but not everyone necessarily feels the same way or has as much time or patience...

Anyway, I think it's a nice resource. Well done!

I wouldn't mind seeing this stickied. Of course, the cars can then be debated in the thread and if a general consensus feels there is a better, easier to drive car capable of winning some of the events, the OP can be updated. Unless there is something already like this list that I'm not aware of -- a GTPlanet Moderator could even start a new thread, with a more appropriate title if they deem it necessary, and copy/paste this list in. I think this coud be a decent resource for new members/users of GT6 who are looking to move through the career mode as painlessly as possible. Now, I know a lot of people might be thinking "that's half the fun of Career Mode!" and I actually agree with you on that point, but not everyone necessarily feels the same way or has as much time or patience...

Anyway, I think it's a nice resource. Well done!
If this got stickied, i'd put more effort into trying all cars and comparing them.

Hi, good list but...
The SRT Viper is very fast for World Circuit Tour. Don't you think so? BTW I could not find the model SRT10 ACR ‘10... any idea???

Thanks for these efforts !

But, why have you got '*' next to some cars?

Also, the Mercedez Benz AMG VGT isn't in my dealerships?
How to I acquire it?
Thanks

Go into the VGT section and you'll find it close to the bottom.

It's a gift off PD when they first released the game. A gorgeous car that's great to drive.

(There's a racing version as well but it'll cost you 1m and the * denotes that he had more success with that particular car.)

Not sure if anyone is still around but here goes, I was hoping for a more realistic recommendations for cars for different races because telling someone at the beginning of the game that he is best in a £500k car is pointless. I really struggle with car choices but need more realistic ones for money at start of the game.

Not sure if anyone is still around but here goes, I was hoping for a more realistic recommendations for cars for different races because telling someone at the beginning of the game that he is best in a £500k car is pointless. I really struggle with car choices but need more realistic ones for money at start of the game.

this game is really easy tbf.. if you struggle with money, first do Sierra Rally and Senna events

Back