So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
Sweden
GOTHEBURG
Kaz has spoken, and most is really about what GT7 will do rather than what GT6 will.
I feel its a turningpoint now. Focus is more on GT7 than GT6.
So what does this mean? Is GT6 done?
FIA, can this be the first competition for GT7 too or just used as a marketing gimmic to sell the new game? It seems well timed.
Sounds, GT7 will have better sounds (even if GT6 may get some improvements) feels really like he has put his foot down on this.

Photomode, GT7 may bring improvements here too.
Standards are staying ( :) )
(edit) No GT7P is a sign too
I feel as Kaz has pretty clear idea how the game will be and what he can promisse already.
How far are they done? 2015 pre summer or 2015 Winter release?
I really expect a video soon on the Blog (also strange how it started now)
GT7 marketing has started or am i just happy crazy? :)

Update, better graphics, physics, sound and ai is confirmed.
That was no surprise :)

Last edited:
They were working on GT6 before the release of GT5 (according to Kaz himself), that took 3.5 years...so your guess is as good as mine, but I wouldn't hold my breath :sly:

Kaz was talking about GT6 years before it was announced, so this basically means nothing. I did, however, notice the way he talked about it, he said "I don't think it will be this year". That kind of suggests that it is already very far in development.

No one can answer this but Kaz/end thread.

Try posting a thread in the Kaz Forum if there isn't one already.

Kaz was talking about GT6 years before it was announced, so this basically means nothing. I did, however, notice the way he talked about it, he said "I don't think it will be this year". That kind of suggests that it is already very far in development.
That is how i feel too, he really seems almost sure it will come out soon. Since last time he sounded as it could come already this year. Now it seems as it will be next year (my way of seeing it). But many things start to just pop up as if they really want to start promote the new game and show a new way of approach towards us. Now a sceptical approach is good to have but so many signs are saying me...the game is on and coming really soon. Why would he talk down GT6? He could have done that earlier....but now it will be as a comparison and for the good of GT7. GT6 vs GT7 here are the big improvements all wanted.

Based on experience of the last 10 years, figure longer than sooner since Kaz is approaching GT7 as a full game.

hhhhmmmm...we don't know much...but I'm going to guess.......

1400 cars
40 locations
85 tracks
full 1080P @ 60 fps
better sounds
larger more detailed course maker
more visual customization (not a fully livery editor though)

other things of course but this is just off the top of my head.

Edit: I don't think we'll see much if any marketing for GT7 unless Kaz is directly asked about it in an interview until the end of 2014. They'll spend this year getting the bulk of the stuff for GT6 dealt with and start pushing GT7 in 2015. Though I can't say I think the game will come out in 2015...

Either way, no matter what, GT7 will not be the only legit driving/racing game on the PS4. The list of requirements for GT7 to be able to compete with the next gen options...that could be a valuable discussion.

I can't tell you when, but I can tell you what. It'll be absolute horse 🤬.
Just like anything else PD has made in the recent years.
Yet, you're here.

Last edited:
Don't be so sure about that.It hasn't have to be very far in development to release a game nowadays.
hehe legit point.
But much of GT6 development is also GT7 + ps4 is more easy so i believe we are getting more % of a complete game this time.

True, but 6 was a continuation of 5, 7 is on a new platform. I doubt the same dev tools for the cell architecture will work on the X86 so we are looking at nearly a complete rewrite.
I dont think so, If Kaz himself doubted about GT7 making it this year, it means just 1 year of development or a bit more, which very quite fast compared to PS3 games. we'll see...
Personally I'll be upset if GT7 comes out any earlier than Holiday 2016.

GT5 had 3 years, so why should GT6 only get 2 before a new GT release?
lol true. I'll be annoyed because I can't afford a PS4+GT7+online payment at the moment.

We can safely expect;

1) Mass hysteria as the release day approaches, & lots of vague PR statements that makes us think it's going to be 'FREAKIN AWESOME'!

2) Spectacular looking graphics, & over-hyped trailers inducing the masses to part with their cash.

2) Some truly bizarre "what were they thinking" game design.

3) The same tired gameplay that has been used in every GT game ever.

4) A lack of common sense options, because PD want us to play the game their way.

5) A half-baked bug filled mess that will be 'updated monthly' with 'free DLC'.

6) More Time Trials & boring Seasonals following the same worn out format.

7) A barrage of Fanboy vs Haters flame war threads on GT Planet.

Basically, the same thing we got with GT5 & GT6.

:lol:

VBR
We can safely expect;

1) Mass hysteria as the release day approaches, & lots of vague PR statements that makes us think it's going to be 'FREAKIN AWESOME'!

2) Spectacular looking graphics, & over-hyped trailers inducing the masses to part with their cash.

2) Some truly bizarre "what were they thinking" game design.

3) The same tired gameplay that has been used in every GT game ever.

4) A lack of common sense options, because PD want us to play the game their way.

5) A half-baked bug filled mess that will be 'updated monthly' with 'free DLC'.

6) More Time Trials & boring Seasonals following the same worn out format.

7) A barrage of Fanboy vs Haters flame war threads on GT Planet.

Basically, the same thing we got with GT5 & GT6.

:lol:

Don't forget micro/macrotransactions. :P

I dont think so, If Kaz himself doubted about GT7 making it this year, it means just 1 year of development or a bit more, which very quite fast compared to PS3 games. we'll see...

lol true. I'll be annoyed because I can't afford a PS4+GT7+online payment at the moment.

Yes, we will see. I haven't done any coding in a long time (20+ years :eek: ) so I really can't say. Back in my day a change in architecture was massive, maybe not so much these days.

Latest Posts

Back