• Car Type: Garage/Favorites Car
  • Make: Japan > Honda
  • Model: Mugen Motul Civic Si '87
  • Power: 232 bhp (including oil change)
  • Weight: 890 kg
  • PP: 440
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Soft (Front)/Sports Hard (Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Allowed. All adjustable parts are allowed to be changed. Including Ballast. Power-adding parts not allowed
  • Improve Body Rigidity: Allowed
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom Wheels and Paint Not Available
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your registered account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This is especially important on a city track. Invisible Walls count as walls, be careful!
  • All Hard surfaces are track. That means the green stuff, too.
Steward's Comments:
A Gran Turismo classic favorite FF race car is on this week's docket. Don't let the sports tires scare you off, the ability to slide the car makes it a lot more fun, while the harder rear tires make it easier to turn. This combo is a grip fiend's dream, have fun chasing down those tenths this week!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual T2 split time, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• The first 2 splits: T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 25 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, July 14th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

View attachment 181397

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Looks like fun. I took this week off from the TT to prep for the F3 race tomorrow. I was surprised to see RH tires were default on this car, I guess anything that is considered a race car comes with racing tires. This track is one that surprises you in how many places you can find hidden time.

May not get another chance to get to the PS3 this week so thought I'd smash out a quick session:

Will be interesting to see how these hold up for a whole week :)

I have zero understanding of sector one.

Suspect I will not be any good this week since setups are involved. Cool car! Can't beat an 80s box :D

First attempt
3rd lap in remains quickest! I changed some stuff, lowered it a bit and reduced the speed slider.
Let's see how this stacks up

@jonjig welcome.
Think we will be going head to head this week in the alpines, and Madrid

Been out of it for a while.

Good luck my friend

Bertie

Second lot of splits.

Not sure I'm any good at these tuning ones, but seems to be OK. Running stock and just moved the suspension lower.

Anyone got any tips on gearing?

Second lot of splits.

Not sure I'm any good at these tuning ones, but seems to be OK. Running stock and just moved the suspension lower.

Anyone got any tips on gearing?

Looking good early. But may have run with wrong tyres.. Sports hard for both. Maybe. How I can check?

First splits for me.

My tune, it's a work in progress. Unfortunately, the GT5 point the nose in the air things works with the 1.09 physics. :rolleyes:

A tune is going to be a compromise here, as you want grip for the high speed corners, a soft enough suspension to get through the chicane without crashing, and something that allows the car to rotate in the twisty bits of the second sector.

EDK Tune
RH 85/50
Springs 10.5/4.79
Dampers Comp 4/1
Damers Ext 8/1
ARB 7/1
Camber 1.5/0.0
Toe 0.0/-0.25
BB 2/8

Transmission
Final Far Right
Top Speed Far Left
Set
Final = 4250
LSD 8/22/5
Aero = Max

As I thought something wasn't right.
Splits were run with hard on both..
New TENTATIVE splits for this one,then back to alpines tomorrow.

As I thought something wasn't right.
Splits were run with hard on both..
New TENTATIVE splits for this one,then back to alpines tomorrow.

Do you mean you had race hard (default) tires on the car, but now you've fitted it with the correct sports tires?

I can't imagine the car would actually be faster with sports hards on the front and rear.

Code:
62/62
10.74/7.13
7/7
8/6
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.11/-0.06
4/1

I'm no good at gearing
Final to the right, max to the left
Final 3.579

5/24/9
150/202
The BB choice is interesting, what is that doing for you?

Camber - I tired it with zero on both, but found the car seemed to rotate better for the first hairpin with some front camber. Are you finding the grip loss that was supposed to have been fixed when you use camber? Or are you maybe using a tune that was made before 1.09?

Sorry. Messed up the LB
:lol:

That's why I use the quotes, fetchy will not pick up splits from quoted text.

EDK
The BB choice is interesting, what is that doing for you?

Camber - I tired it with zero on both, but found the car seemed to rotate better for the first hairpin with some front camber. Are you finding the grip loss that was supposed to have been fixed when you use camber? Or are you maybe using a tune that was made before 1.09?

:lol:

That's why I use the quotes, fetchy will not pick up splits from quoted text.
I initially had 4/6 bb, but found the car was losing the rear end to violently and I worked my way down. The No camber could just be a placebo effect, but I ran for about a hour with different settings and instantly ran low .9's and high .8's in t1 when i tuned it to 0. This is a made from scratch tune and i'm probably doing it wrong :lol:

I thought fetchy didnt read stuff from the Code tags. Its hard for me to read tunes in quotes, its hard for me to accurately click the show more thing at the bottom without my phone trying to call a tune :D

I'm probably losing a lot of time at the final chicane. The car likes to hop it unless you keep half on the tarmac.

Last edited:
Seeing as everybody's discussing tunes... I'm not ready to post mine in its entirety, but aero was 70 80 for my LB splits, and I've been going faster with 63 66/67. @EDK, I've been running 1.0 0.0 on camber, it seems to work, I've seen .90x at T1, and I've seen some potential for improvement through T2.

Don't think I've seen it discussed yet, but on the subject of driving technique, shifting up at the redline (right at it) is the fastest way I've found, for the kink leading up to the hairpin in T1 I'm using a bit of stabilising throttle to keep a rearward brake bias, and slow apexing is working for me with a partial throttle exit, it's much more noticeable that it helps with this car because it pushes wide easily if overdriven. Just general stuff, maybe some of it will help someone.

Back