What other brands/manufacturers should join Vision GT?

• Thread starter GBalao888
  • 169 comments
Philippines
Philippines
GBalao888
GBalao888
The brands that I want for them to join Vision GT?
(Not to be confused about the thread called "If you designed a Vision GT car, what would it be"?)

Here are the brands that should join in the Vision GT project:

1. Bugatti
2. Ferrari
3. Hot Wheels
4. Koenigsegg
5. Pininfarina
6. Puma
7. Adidas
8. DC Shoes
9. Monster Energy
10. Versace
11. Chanel
12. Chevrolet
13. Suzuki
14. Lotus
15. Sony

Your opinion?

Bugatti
Ferrari
Lancia
Jaguar
Citroen (I'm surprised they're not in it already)
Abarth
McLaren
Pagani (I especially want Pagani to work on a VGT car)
Volvo
Maserati
Mazda
Gran Turismo (PD, they could do their own VGT car)
Bentley

Ha! That's a very good idea! Then they'll just shorten the name of the car to just "Vision Gran Turismo" on a unique Vision GT design.

McLaren: I mean... Imangine how much more wild they could go than the P1...
Bugatti: A mix of Type 57 and Futuristic design... hnnnnnnnn...
GMC: A low slung Sports truck concept? Hell yes.
RUF: 918 anyone?
Jaguar: Either an XJR-9 spaceship or a modern E Type, it'd be amazing.
Renault: Could be very interesting... I mean... Espace F1.
Fiat: An X1/9 rebirth could be interesting.

Where is Pagani in that OP list?

Chanel?????????

Porsche... like some said above...

And logically Hot Wheels because they have multiple visions on a daily basis...

Edit:

I would have to nominate defunct car brands:
Saturn
Pontiac
Saab
Acura

The brands that I want for them to join Vision GT?
(Not to be confused about the thread called "If you designed a Vision GT car, what would it be"?)

Here are the brands that should join in the Vision GT project:

1. Bugatti
2. Ferrari
3. Hot Wheels
4. Koenigsegg
5. Pininfarina
6. Puma
7. Adidas
8. DC Shoes
9. Monster Energy
10. Versace
11. Chanel
12. Chevrolet
13. Suzuki
14. Lotus
15. Sony

Your opinion?
Not too high I'm afraid. What's with the the non-car, factory outlet shopping mall brands? May as well have the Homer Simpson design in there. One of the PD videos had Kaz saying the intent of the Vision cars was to celebrate and honour car designers.

Not too high I'm afraid. What's with the the non-car, factory outlet shopping mall brands? May as well have the Homer Simpson design in there. One of the PD videos had Kaz saying the intent of the Vision cars was to celebrate and honour car designers.
Jordan and Nike are not car designers, yet they are in VGT.

I like the Chevy inclusion.

Also what about Holden.....could be like the Efijy Concept.

x07sv-hd023.jpg

The cars exist...no licensing fees required.

Isn't the thread about the VGT cars? That would require those companies to create a new design and since they don't exist anymore I would say it is even less likely than getting GT7 on XB1

Personally, I think it's rather foolish to have Nike and/or Jordan brand in the Gran Turismo Vision GT project. I think this program should be for actual car makers. So, obviously I do not want to see brands like Chanel or Versace or the like being a part of the project. That is, unless they teamed up with an auto manufacturer. For instance, if it were announced that a BMW Vision GT (with interior designed by Versace) was on th horizon, I would be okay with that.

And now we have reached the hypocritical part of my posting! Having said all of that stuff up above, I would like to see a Red Bull Vision GT car for the street. They are a major brand in motorsport already and we have the foolishly unrealistic Red Bull Formula style cars, so lets see what they can come up with for a street car design.

Also, I really wish ALL participants would actually create their Vision GT car like Mercedes and others have done. A computer model is not enough. Show the world what can be done with this program. The endorsement of Gran Turismo by thesee manufacturers is only going to strengthen the Gran Turismo product (the game we play). Just like the recent partnership with FIA - these things will ensure substantial financial security for P.D. and we who love this game will reap the benefit of continued development (with a sizeable war-chest of funds) for years and years to come.

Back