• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 40 comments

Would you like to see punctures in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 96 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 22.6%

• Total voters
They have a hard enough time trying to dial in all the current features like getting the standards to premiums. The last thing they need is trying to add another feature to the series.

On a side note it worked fairly well in the Shift series. Just don't need in in GT until everything else is finished.

If the rest of the game (AI, gameplay, damage etc...) was up to scratch, I would like it as an option. Preferably not produced from a random number, but more likely if you run over crash debris or off circuit.

They have a hard enough time trying to dial in all the current features like getting the standards to premiums. The last thing they need is trying to add another feature to the series.

On a side note it worked fairly well in the Shift series. Just don't need in in GT until everything else is finished.

Wow, I didn't realise they had punctures in Shift. The only time I have burst a tyre is by doing endless doughnuts. I've never had a puncture during an actual race.

But what about punctures? I guess that would not be that hard to simulate

It will not be as easy as you think because there is no tire air pressure simulation in GT6 at all.
To simulate tire air pressure PD will have to make much more complex and realistic tires simulation for GT7.
And YES I want tire punctures in GT7 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
It will not be as easy as you think because there is no tire air pressure simulation in GT6 at all.
To simulate tire air pressure PD will have to make much more complex and realistic tires simulation for GT7.
And YES I want tire punctures in GT7 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

You are right I hadn't thought of that. I was mainly thinking of sonething not so complicated, like the kind of punctures we see on Codemaster's F1 games, where you get a puncture if you crash onto someone or run over debris... At least to start with and then move on to more realistic tyre/pressure simulations.

You are right I hadn't thought of that. I was mainly thinking of sonething not so complicated, like the kind of punctures we see on Codemaster's F1 games, where you get a puncture if you crash onto someone or run over debris... At least to start with and then move on to more realistic tyre/pressure simulations.
I prefer to go straight to more realistic tire air pressure simulation.
PS4 is good enough end there will be no problems ๐Ÿ‘

Hey guys, I know damage sucks in GT overall and people are divided about it. Fanboys mainly repeat PD's line that "GT is not about smashing cars, Smashing cars is not racing, etc.":grumpy:. But what about punctures? I guess that would not be that hard to simulate. Would not that force people to drive better?
It should be part of the "Heavy damage" mode.

Most car companies have restrictions on how much they want to see their virtual representations of their cars banged up, a.k.a. rights issues. There are over 80 makes represented in Gran Turismo. I doubt it.

Games like Burnout and Wreckfest have fictional cars because of rights issues, and NFS Shift, the GRID games, PCARS, and many PC sims don't have a wide selection of cars & makes as GT/Forza do.

Only if it's optional. I mostly like an arcade kind of feel when it comes to playing Gran Turismo. I feel that too much realism gets in the way of my enjoyment.

Well, on some cars with lowered suspension, the tyres look flat when cornering. Just add that squirrely feeling of loose front or rear on blowout.

I voted yes, but like others only if it's optional, & only applies equally to the AI as well.

I voted no, only because I don't think it's fair to have random failures in a 'game'. If I did something to cause a mechanical failure like changing down too many gears and blowing the engine, then fair enough. But something like a puncture is just a random damage based scenario that could ruin your race, and in a game that only allows you a restart function, I wouldn't have any fun needing to restart a race because I got a puncture and came 3rd or 4th through no fault of my own. Especially doing a 60 minute race and having to start again to 'grind' the game because of a random fault you can't control. To me, that's not fair and far from enjoyable.

I know it happens in the real world, but you also occasionally hit wildlife (Deer, a Moose if Rallying) and you wouldn't put that into a racing game would you? The line between game and real life has to be drawn somewhere to make the experience more enjoyable instead of a ballache just to compete in a race, let alone win one.

The more realistic the better but they would need to make it work well, for it to be worth adding.

ss3
Route x doesn't have one

Route X does have pits :)
29bzknq.jpg

I voted yes but it would need to be added carefully, after playing a couple of F1 games where you can get 5 or 6 a race then it should be a rare and special occurrence during high tier racing.

Back