• Weight: 1600 kg
  • PP: 482
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Sports Medium (Front and Rear)
  • Driving Line | Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Active Steering | Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Tuning: Prohibited - Tuning parts, ballast adjustment or chassis rigidity improvement not allowed.
  • In-Race RA Functions: Allowed
  • Custom wheels and Paint Allowed
Course Settings:
  • Time: Not Variable at This Track
  • Weather: Weather not Variable at This Track
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Real
9ea783.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your registered account
    • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
    • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
    • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
    • Blue/Red and White rumbles and tarmac are legal track. No other surfaces are track.
    • In sector 2 the Red tarmac beyond white line is not track.
Steward's Comments:
Even thought the C4 had been in Gran Turismo series since the beginning , I've only recently had the nerves to try it out in game. It's one of those cars that I consider as much hyped as the Nissan Skylines. And because of this I had set my expectations high. Did the car meet my expectations? :D Does it meet yours?

Thanks Bart @PASM for helping with the photo shoot. :cheers:
c0546c.jpg

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below)
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Gallery' option.
  • Live timing monitor does not work properly, so we have to use a small trick to view splits.
  • While viewing your Replay, pause the lap by hitting start, before the end of the first sector.
  • While keeping the replay paused, advance the replay, using the forward arrow on the replay HUD. This will advance the replay to the end of the first sector. That's your T1 split, write it down.
  • Advance the replay again. That will show the lap to date time on the screen, this is your first and second sector time, added together.
  • To post your T1 & T2 Splits, simply post the lap to date times that are shown in the middle of the screen. Do not try to calculate the actual split times, the Fetchbot will do that for you.
SaveBestLapIcon.png

(Best Lap Replay Icon)

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 splits: T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
a1a582.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 28 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Then attach your 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. Everyone submits a replay instead of listing a lap time.
  • You will need to put something in the message body in order to begin a conversation. It doesn't matter what you put, it can even be 1 letter or symbol. Nobody but the Fetchbot is going to see it, so it's sort of pointless, anyhow.
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week XX Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week that is still not a problem. Just reply to the conversation with your new time and new replay. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • See this screenshot as an example on how to submit:

• The deadline is Monday, August 4th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Replay Checking:
  • Everyone is required to submit a replay for verification. This happens when you submit to the Fetchbot, and the replays will be visible in the leaderboard, once we've reached the event deadline
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Check Needed)
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification
57e9cf.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look of the combo this week, I'm a massive fan of the ZR-1 and I think it was the first car I drove when I first saw Gran Turismo back in 97 or 98...but to be honest, I'm most intrigued by the picture of one Corvette seemingly jumping the other...awesome 👍

Reactions: EDK
Was gonna do a 30 minute session, but I'm downloading 2115mb of update to 1.10! So it's gonna be 10 mins....

2.1gb for 2 cars? Surely some sneaky shenanigans afoot o_O

1'05.196

First 10 laps - T1 was pretty average, but the rest wasn't bad.

You can be more aggressive than you think! It handles well.

Love it @MadMax !

Was gonna do a 30 minute session, but I'm downloading 2115mb of update to 1.10! So it's gonna be 10 mins....

2.1gb for 2 cars? Surely some sneaky shenanigans afoot o_O

Zahara track and Alfa VGT car and other stuff in there.

The ZR-1. I remember my Dad an me used to buy "Car and Driver" Magazine here in Argentina, and when this car was launched, they did a comparison between the NSX (brand new at the time) the ZR-1 and a Ferrari I really can't remember. NSX came out on top, but the magazine had a strong bias against Detroit big three at that time so...
This yet unrefined monster has been on my perennial wishlist ever since.
Great combo!! Can't wait to give it a try!!

PD: Some other cars which I forgot where there too, link to the archived article if anyone is interested

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...otus-esprit-turbo-se-archived-comparison-test

1:06.267

I only ran about 6 laps. I wasnt pushin to hard, just getting a feel for the car. this is my first online time trial on here. I will push harder and submit another time later on. Right now i am looking for some online racing

Last edited:
The car on the picture at the LeaderBoard is not A Corvette ZR-1 but another beauty the Chevrolet Coupe (C2) '63
It's good looking but not the car we drive on this combo :boggled:

Ugh. I don't even remember the last time I've driven on Cape Ring, this should be interesting:lol:. Gunna give it a go in a bit.

I'm expecting all American podium this week :)

I always wanted to learn this track but I seem to be struggling with its trademark feature (the loop).

1:07.616

Edit: wow, tried a lap with DS3 and went full one second faster.

Last edited:
Back