Gran Turismo 7 Classic or Modern Poll

Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 to be retro-ish like Gran Turismo 2, or modern like Gran Turismo 6

• Retro-ish

Votes: 101 54.9%
  • Modern

Votes: 83 45.1%

• Total voters
United States
Florida
Destructor527846
None.
Was thinking about this earlier and last night. I know it's the modern time and what not, but I wanted to see what everyone else's answers were! I am also aware that GT7 be based mostly off the Gran Turismo 6 system. But I decided to post this anyway:

Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 to be a bit more retro-ish like Gran Turismo 2, or modern like Gran Turismo 6?

I prefer retro-ish myself, but that's just me.What do you think? Post in the comments below as well!

Last edited:
The user interface, and improved AI. Cars themselves can stay. Just a mixture of retro-like and modern.

EDIT: I can show you an example of what I mean. This link here leads to some GT fanart. This is not mine at all, but I just wanted to show you what I mean by my question:
http://xxnaotenxx.deviantart.com/gallery/40616313/Gran-Turismo-FAN-GUI
I like that, it looks cool. 👍

@Chameleon9000, I thought the same thing until I read the words I bolded for you in @EliteBeast55's post.

he meant that as in the vehicles and actual game-play I thought. no? eh, either way it looks great.
The user interface, and improved AI. Cars themselves can stay. Just a mixture of retro-like and modern.

EDIT: I can show you an example of what I mean. This link here leads to some GT fanart. This is not mine at all, but I just wanted to show you what I mean by my question:
http://xxnaotenxx.deviantart.com/gallery/40616313/Gran-Turismo-FAN-GUI

I'd like the way dealerships are presented to be similar to how GT4 did it. Although the universal Dealership in GT6 is very much welcome as is.

Go forward, not back, been there, done that. A sleek, new, up to date look is required for GT7, same as every new version of the game.

Game mechanics I would like to be new and modern (i.e. features, physics etc...), But I would like the UI and menu music from past GT games to inspire GT7, they look better then the current one IMO.

Consolidation and streamlining in the name of ease of use are paramount.

However, we don't want to lose depth or complexity, either, so... Something new that attempts to bridge that problem, please. :)

I would like to see a breath of GT1, especially in terms of music (they should ditch the jazzy theme and return to the electronic sounds of PAL version of GT1), SP campaign, racing modifications for all (or at least 90%) cars.

I'd like a retro GT4 one but with modern touches. GT5P was a good example of what it could have been.

One thing is that the menu for the new Gran Turismo is completely boring especially on Gran Turismo 6. It was a complete downgrade from GT5. I want the map view to come back again like on GT1 through GT4. That was the best and it was a very unique UI. Gran Turismo needs to stay original. We need ALL of the circuits and ALL of the cars from the previous series. A LOT of tracks and cars are missing from the old GT's. What's wrong with Polyphony? They're just adding mostly all of the new cars now which are all the same and boring. What happened to all of the cars in Gran Turismo 2? Polyphony completely cut out a lot of things. They need to step it up and put it all back. Then it will the world's best driving simulator. They can do soooo much better, they have access to almost anything in the car industry. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT! LOL

Last edited:
GT2 was the most complete GT in my opinion... It had model specific events, and a huge rooster of events. It´s also, in my opinion, the game with the best dealership format.

For real. Gran Turismo 2 is probably the best one in the series. The car selections were just perfect. They had cars that I never even heard of. What ever happened to those cars? They completely cut them out or forgot about them. For example the Renault F1, Vector M12, Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak, Ford GT90..... Awesome cars! Why leave them out? 1995 Ford GT90  (1).jpg Suzuki Cultus Pikes Peak.jpg

Renault Espace F1.jpg Vector M12.jpg

I loved the GT5 menu. Scattered and throw into a rectangle. I hate scrolling, it takes 10 years to find the correct tab you want to go to. GT5 the button I needed was almost easy to get to in a fast manner.

Maybe because, I played it everyday. Somebody that plays GT once a month and COD 30 times a month, might not like it! I voted modern.

Simply, I want a mix of classic and modern. I want PD to revamp their career mode, but still keep some of the classic GT feel in a few areas.

Back