The Sierra Time Rally Thread

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 244 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
Hi

I noticed there is mixed conversation on the Zahara track and the actual time rally game mode, so this is a thread just for the time rally. Please post your thought anD top scores here if you wish. Just keep it clean and stay on topic. No need for posts about the Zahara track here - there is other threads for that. :dopey:

Edit:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON 200% LOGIN BONUS AS THESE EVENTS PAY WELL!!

To admins: feel free to move this thread to a better suited section at wish. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
My first impressions then? I'm am impressed. PD really delivered a polished New game mode. One can see that the time it took to prepare this mode was well worth it. The experience feels very balanced . :dopey:👍

First I noticed the variety of cars as traffic. Very nice. And the info of the car instead of random name on top - thumbs up.

Also noticed the variation of the pace of these cars. There was this crazy small 500f passing other cars quite aggressively - made me smile a little.:D update: the cars also pack very nicely. So far saw a pack of 4 ai cars cornering - as a 2x2 -formation for a while. :D

Must also bring up the very well made driving lines of the other cars. One has to be aware, but they don't always block you from the driving line. :) also noticed in few tight passes that one doesn't lose the multiplier if the ai car happens to hit your side/rear after the pass.💡👍

Update:
The points distribution / scale is very well balanced. As one is evaluated based on time left, total number of passes made, max multiplier and "perfect", the parts are valued so, that one hit / loss of multiplier won't totally ruin the score as the extra time is well pointed. :cheers:

Update: Ok - there has to be few down sides to this. :indiff: The forced skid recovery is a big push off for some of us and the world ranking is missing(at this point?). But those are really just some scratches on the icing - for me at least. :sly:

Now just waiting for multiplayer version of the same mode. Point for each pass and a minus one for each time being passed. :cheers:

Also waiting to see if this mode works on other courses.:drool:

And also gift cars with installed parts.. :odd:

Oh and my First touch was 1,340,050 @ Abarth 500

Update:
1,194,275 @ Scirocco R
1,007,936 @ Ferrari GTO

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed the tyre choice for the cars? Mixed tyres. The GTO has SM on the front, SS on the rear. Could it be that PD is starting to pull away from the one size fits all tyre model?

Either way this is encouraging. They are starting to get the smaller details correct.

About the SRF, is it really on? I know it says its on, but is it really? Because I get all the cars well out of shape under braking. Is it just that SRF only kicks in when you really lose it?

...has anyone else come across a Sambabus that is travelling faster than any Sambabus has travelled before?! Just seen one dispatching a Plymouth Cuda around a curve and then proceed to zip along at Mach 2. Best thing I have ever seen.

...has anyone else come across a Sambabus that is travelling faster than any Sambabus has travelled before?! Just seen one dispatching a Plymouth Cuda around a curve and then proceed to zip along at Mach 2. Best thing I have ever seen.
Yeah i saw one! it was absolutely rocketing along!

Yes I laughed at that too. It was in a four car pack in front of me And I was a bit surpriced to see it was the one doing the passing.. :D

Last edited:
Really ps3 how 256mb memory ram SO Huge track with over +60 cars in challenge?! So amazing!

Got 2 million with the Fiat 500 :) (no perfect point damn xD)

I hope GT7 will 32 online confirmed!

Last edited:
Yes I laughed at that too. It was in a four car pack in front of me And I was a bit surpriced to see it was the one doing the passing.. :D

PD has been taking a page out of fox's book of trolling.

With the fiat 500, there was a fait 500F near the end that was moving very fast.
It made me smile.

I like it a lot. The woman saying "time bonus" and "overtake" makes me nostalgic for some of the classic racing games like the arcade game 'Pole Position' and 'Virtual Racing' on Genesis.

I find it grating.

1.9 million with the Fiat on my first try. I lost my combo 2 or 3 times. Used NOS to get uphill mostly.

It sucks that SRF has to be on. Come on PD, we're not noobs. We're hardcore driving enthusiasts.

And omg Pole Position, that game for Atari 2600 was literally one of the first games I ever played, and definitely my first racing game.

Because i don't really play alot of gt6 lately (just for log in bonus to stay at %200) I had problems at the first one (crashing, bad driving...etc) so i ended up getting more scores + clean driving on Ferrari GTO Than The other "Easier" ones but it still way low for a guy like me.
But still i had much fun driving on it and i wish they added more.
I love how the time trial with voice, crossing checkpoints for more time sounds like those old Arcade Racing games except its a bit modern.

A bit offtopic but This is the best GT6 update ever!

Just like to add it's an awesome event.

Just think if they now add a seasonal on this track with this game mode every week.
I'm not saying they will but if they did then the possibilities are endless.

PD thank you.
They need to allow any car you choose to race in it and get paid for it. If they don't follow this up with more content, this is absolutely no different than the Goodwood events. Which is basically a waste once you've done them all. As it is with this, once you get the Gold there is no reason to do it anymore.

Oh but there is! I will be doing the practice sessions with GT3 cars as often as I can! Point-to-point rallying is something I'd very much like to see as IRL event for GT3 cars.
No payout, but heaps of fun!

Back